2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will defer Celtics trade do’s and don’ts to Celtics fans since they know their team best but as an outsider that’s trying best to be neutral,

I would trade Brown Smart and 2-3 picks for KD.

KD is all world and Brown is asking for max in two years or is likely leaving in free agency for nothing. And if you feel like you can just trade him next year if he’s leaving, his value will plummet with 1 year left on his deal.

The picks would be mid twenty’s bc even at 60% KD…minimum of Tatum brogdan Williams x 2 will get you to be 4-6 seed in playoffs every year.

Smart is the only one that hurts. Try to give up white first but ultimately gotta do it if dealbreaker.

Philly is better. Bucks are great. Miami may get Mitchell (don’t count out Riley)? Toronto may sneak in and grab KD. I say this bc the east is getting tougher and Boston can’t guarantee this same team will make it to finals again, especially with Brown potentially walking or demanding a 45 mill a year contract.

Reactions: MVP

all jokes aside, i think lakers will be in the discussion if healthy.
lebron had a damn good year and it looks likes AD been putting offseason work

LeBron didn’t play a lick of defense last year (because he has to conserve energy to score/chase records). And Russ doesn’t play D at all either either.

If those guys are going to once again leave AD on an island to defend all those holes on defense.. then it will be more of the same. Counting Numbers and a lot of L’s

Nets hired lobbyist to push NYC mayor to change vaccine rules to exempt Kyrie Irving​

HoopsHype
Mon, July 25, 2022 at 3:10 AM
03a95f4fc6eeae491a630e925e4140ef

It’s clear the mandate change and Irving’s stance put an end to those title hopes. Sitting second in the East on Jan. 15, the Nets dropped 16 of 21 after Durant suffered a left knee injury. They fell to eighth by the time he returned six weeks later — and Tsai took action. On Feb. 6, Irving said, “Anything can happen these next few days, the next week. Just crossing my fingers that something can come up either before All-Star break or even just after.” Two days later — with the Nets on an eight-game losing skid — they hired ex-New York City Council Speaker Corey Johnson to lobby new Mayor Eric Adams about changing the mandate so Irving could play at home.
Source: Josh Kosman, Brian Lewis @ New York Post
Why are people acting like this is new news?

Oh forgot to mention

What’s the locker room going to look like now that a brown has been confirmed to be on trading block? He’s kind of moody right? Ye is his mentor. We’ll see.

Oh forgot to mention

What’s the locker room going to look like now that a brown has been confirmed to be on trading block? He’s kind of moody right? Ye is his mentor. We’ll see.

Marcus been in trade rumors the past like 4 years and he's basically come out and said whatever, he knows his name is always gonna be out there.

Marcus been in trade rumors the past like 4 years and he's basically come out and said whatever, he knows his name is always gonna be out there.
Makes sense.

Only push back is that brown sees himself as a superstar. smart doesn’t. Difference in ego maybe. I don’t know.

Can also think of it this way:

You’re trading Brown 2 picks for KD.
Smart and 1 pick for Brogdan.

Depth still there

Perhaps brown and timelord and picks?

Can still have wing heavy team along with Williams, Horford and Dwight Howard as centers in a league shying away from centers?

I remember watching this at this chick house, in Stone Mountain, GA…getting some top…and thinking the Nuggets were going all the way.

F cancer
Adrian Dantley is a Kurt rambis level coach, if not worse :smh:

This was the year

Wouldn’t really want to give up more than JB and White. If that’s the trade, I think KD raises the ceiling for the next 2 years and it’s worth the gamble. Adding more rotational pieces on top of that doesn’t make much sense though to me.

I remember watching this at this chick house, in Stone Mountain, GA…getting some top…and thinking the Nuggets were going all the way.

F cancer
Adrian Dantley is a Kurt rambis level coach, if not worse :smh:

This was the year

I remember watching this game on TV. Didn't remember Melo as just a crazy ball stopper though. Wonder how that Melo would do in today's NBA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom