2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im of the belief that a franchise like the Celtics shouldn't be geeked to ***** out for a "star". They're the most all time winningest franchise. Not the Raptors. You have a championship caliber team in place already with 2 drafted stars at 24 and 25 years of age and more than enough help around them. They've gotten better around the margins w/ Brogdon and Gallo. Run it back. It'll feel much sweeter if that team breaks through.

EYE wouldn't blow that up for 34 year old post-achilles KD.
Think some folks are getting caught up in Durants name

Plus you’re going to place your faith in injury prone guys like Malcom, rob and an older post Achilles Durant? Smart tends to get nicked up too due to his style of play

If you’re gonna criticize Phoenix for trading for Durant because of injury concerns you can’t ignore the same thing for Boston

Im of the belief that a franchise like the Celtics shouldn't be geeked to ***** out for a "star". They're the most all time winningest franchise. Not the Raptors. You have a championship caliber team in place already with 2 drafted stars at 24 and 25 years of age and more than enough help around them. They've gotten better around the margins w/ Brogdon and Gallo. Run it back. It'll feel much sweeter if that team breaks through.

EYE wouldn't blow that up for 34 year old post-achilles KD.

They also have won one title in the last 35 years. Nobody thinks of the Celtics as the flagship of the NBA.

KD brings a premium that increases their chances of getting #18, they've tried to tip toe the line too much before with Kawhi and AD. One would think if anybody would be about actually putting up banners it'd be Boston. Marcus Smart for damn sure wouldn't hold up any deal.

They also have won one title in the last 35 years. Nobody thinks of the Celtics as the flagship of the NBA.

KD brings a premium that increases their chances of getting #18, they've tried to tip toe the line too much before with Kawhi and AD. One would think if anybody would be about actually putting up banners it'd be Boston. Marcus Smart for damn sure wouldn't hold up any deal.
Leonard and Davis made way more sense though than an older and post terrible leg Injury Durant

I don’t think smart is the one that I’m holding it up for either

Lakers are doing that right now with Russ, did it with all their prospects a few years ago
Jazz with Mitchell and Goober
Blazers just traded CJ
Nets might be in a situation where they trade Harden, KD and Kyrie in lik a 8 month span
Toronto trade Demar
Hawks have dangled Collins

Literally can go on and on :lol:

It's the NBA

None of these situations are similar to IT or JB.
- Russ has been on the Lakers for A single year. There’s no loyalty there. Did you listen to his exit interview? Lol
- Jazz got a new GM and are blowing up a core that will never win a title.
- Blazers traded CJ cuz they had Simons and you can’t really pair Dame, CJ, Simons. Also, they knew that Dame/CJ core wasn’t winning anything
- nets situation is unique. they didnt draft any of those guys & They found out KY & KD we’re going to Brooklyn thru twitter lol. James wanted out. Kyrie wanted out. Kd wants out. It’s different.
- Toronto trading demar is the most similar comparison. That **** sucked for him but they clearly upgraded and everyone knew that DDR/Lowry core had run it’s course. They couldn’t beat Lebron so they had to pivot and they made a clear upgrade.
- hawks have dangled Collins. I don’t think Collins is the caliber of player where he should expect to not get dangled in every trade rumor. I may be wrong but I think he requested to be traded too.

None of these situations compare to a player playing thru severe injury in the playoffs (and dealing with the death of his sister) getting traded the following offseason. JB is unique too because you guys were 2 games away from the title and picked up Brogdon/Gallo for nothing. He probably thinks he can win here and rightfully so.

Lakers are doing that right now with Russ, did it with all their prospects a few years ago
Jazz with Mitchell and Goober
Blazers just traded CJ
Nets might be in a situation where they trade Harden, KD and Kyrie in lik a 8 month span
Toronto trade Demar
Hawks have dangled Collins

Literally can go on and on :lol:

It's the NBA
EYE am old enough to remember when people said no players would want to go to the Clippers anymore after they traded Blake Griffin.

ESPN showed Jaylen’s smh tweet with a headline “In Response to Being Involved in the KD Trade Talks”

Now it could be very likely that’s why he tweeted that, but you still can’t say for sure and they put that headline as if it was a fact. That’s why modern sports journalism sucks.

EYE am old enough to remember when people said no players would want to go to the Clippers anymore after they traded Blake Griffin.
Anyone who said that probably hadn't banked on them offering Kawhi and his uncle the world :lol:

Having a Guy™ will always make recruitment much easier.

I’d argue they got lucky Kawhi wanted to go home but didn’t want to play with Lebron.

They also gave Kawhi anything he wanted including trading everything for PG.

Leonard and Davis made way more sense though than an older and post terrible leg Injury Durant

I don’t think smart is the one that I’m holding it up for either

Injuries could happen no matter how old you are. I mean we've seen AD. You are still adding a guy who's at worst top 3 in the league when healthy. They'll still have enough pieces around he and Tatum who is knocking on the door of superstar status himself. If you have assets and don't push them to the forefront when in reality you only for sure have Jaylen for 2 more seasons and subsequently Tatum for 3 more then why are you GMing. In Boston of all places?

None of these situations are similar to IT or JB.
- Russ has been on the Lakers for A single year. There’s no loyalty there. Did you listen to his exit interview? Lol
- Jazz got a new GM and are blowing up a core that will never win a title.
- Blazers traded CJ cuz they had Simons and you can’t really pair Dame, CJ, Simons. Also, they knew that Dame/CJ core wasn’t winning anything
- nets situation is unique. they didnt draft any of those guys & They found out KY & KD we’re going to Brooklyn thru twitter lol. James wanted out. Kyrie wanted out. Kd wants out. It’s different.
- Toronto trading demar is the most similar comparison. That **** sucked for him but they clearly upgraded and everyone knew that DDR/Lowry core had run it’s course. They couldn’t beat Lebron so they had to pivot and they made a clear upgrade.
- hawks have dangled Collins. I don’t think Collins is the caliber of player where he should expect to not get dangled in every trade rumor. I may be wrong but I think he requested to be traded too.

None of these situations compare to a player playing thru severe injury in the playoffs (and dealing with the death of his sister) getting traded the following offseason. JB is unique too because you guys were 2 games away from the title and picked up Brogdon/Gallo for nothing. He probably thinks he can win here and rightfully so.

JB hasn't been traded though. There is no "JB situation."

I'm not inclined to listen to tweets made by talking heads as gospel.

Two weeks ago we had a Kyrie deal to the Lakers that's was all but done tweeted by these same knuckleheads.

Injuries could happen no matter how old you are. I mean we've seen AD. You are still adding a guy who's at worst top 3 in the league when healthy. They'll still have enough pieces around he and Tatum who is knocking on the door of superstar status himself. If you have assets and don't push them to the forefront when in reality you only for sure have Jaylen for 2 more seasons and subsequently Tatum for 3 more then why are you GMing. In Boston of all places?
Wonder how many more years of all nba Durant is left

Brown’s feelings can be smoothed over with a brinks truck

You can’t de-age these guys, Father Time is undefeated

Wonder how many more years of all nba Durant is left

Brown’s feelings can be smoothed over with a brinks truck

You can’t de-age these guys, Father Time is undefeated

I'd wager more all NBA years than you're going to get from Jaylen Brown in what's left on his deal.

Nets hired lobbyist to push NYC mayor to change vaccine rules to exempt Kyrie Irving​

HoopsHype
Mon, July 25, 2022 at 3:10 AM
03a95f4fc6eeae491a630e925e4140ef

It’s clear the mandate change and Irving’s stance put an end to those title hopes. Sitting second in the East on Jan. 15, the Nets dropped 16 of 21 after Durant suffered a left knee injury. They fell to eighth by the time he returned six weeks later — and Tsai took action. On Feb. 6, Irving said, “Anything can happen these next few days, the next week. Just crossing my fingers that something can come up either before All-Star break or even just after.” Two days later — with the Nets on an eight-game losing skid — they hired ex-New York City Council Speaker Corey Johnson to lobby new Mayor Eric Adams about changing the mandate so Irving could play at home.
Source: Josh Kosman, Brian Lewis @ New York Post
Nets really tried to do everything for these dudes.

he never asked for a trade. and you really believe Nets had no idea KD was going to sign as a free agent? :lol:

No idea =/= finding out on the internet. They had slots for 2 max contracts. Obviously they had an idea.

Kyrie not asking for a trade are all semantics. They don’t want him there and I don’t think he wants to be there either. Especially without KD. Eveything that has been reported indicates Kyrie has played his last game as a net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom