2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the Knicks necessarily have to get the #1 pick to rebuild. There were some pretty good building blocks available that they’ve passed on for lesser players.

2017 - Frank NT over Mitchell, Adebayo, Allen
2018 - Knox over Mikal, Miles, Shai, MPJR,
2019 - Barret over Garland
2020 - Toppin over Haliburton and Maxey

No team is going to hit on every pick, but it’s hard to rebuild when you’re missing on talent like that year after year. I’m rooting for them to get it together. The NBA would be better with a Nets/Knicks rivalry.

yep that's the problem when you miss on lottery draft picks and get the wrong guy... I agree you don't need #1 picks but it helps when generational talent is available which is once in a while... but if you draft great you will see results like okc with the big 3 and now the warriors

I still like the RJ pick and the obi pick was a head scratcher pause but I'd like to see obi play more before passing judgment

yep that's the problem when you miss on lottery draft picks and get the wrong guy... I agree you don't need #1 picks but it helps when generational talent is available which is once in a while... but if you draft great you will see results like okc with the big 3 and now the warriors

It definitely helps. I don’t think the Clippers would be where they’re at today without the lottery luck in that Blake draft. But, the Clippers are another example of a team that was bad for a long period of time due in large part to a number of bad draft selections.

290842222_6014927681869039_6485464290091776753_n.jpg

Speaking of Lottery odds ... I'm gonna need Houston and Orlando to race to the bottom one more year and let my guys Mose and Silas split Scoot and Wembanyama
No worries, houston will have the most exciting 26 win team of all time

Knicks get decent picks…They just end up with guys like KP, Frank, Toppin and Knox most of the time :lol: :smh: ….They gotta scout or develop better but that’s alotta teams

Toppin and Frank picks you could see them being misses from miles away tho

That’s the other thing. The Knicks can’t scout for ****. Literally we’re ABSOLUTE garbage at it.

That’s why it’s important to get Top 5 pick and tank. Most of time those picks are already scouted for you thru consensus.

This isn’t true, the data actually says the Knicks are the honestly fairly good at drafting and developing players later in the draft (David Lee, Wilson chandler, Mitchell Robinson, quickly, Nate Robinson etc.).

The Knicks are very bad at drafting useful players in the later lottery.

The Lnicks biggest issue is they are always just chasing the 8th seed instead of tanking and just bottoming out to make their lives easier and get a top 3 selection.
It's def true, post a link to your data for peer review. They traded away all them dudes for a shot to make the 8th seed. Knicks lottery picks are suss most of the times. Of the last 5 consecutive lottery picks only 2 are still on the roster. Most Knicks fans already gave up on Mitchell Robinson who is not close to being developed. .

Knicks get decent picks…They just end up with guys like KP, Frank, Toppin and Knox most of the time :lol: :smh: ….They gotta scout or develop better but that’s alotta teams

Toppin and Frank picks you could see them being misses from miles away tho
How are you going to count KP as a bad pick? No matter how poorly his career ultimately worked out that was a phenomenal pick. The rest of that top 10 is a wasteland lol

Well we’re not going to tank anyway….

Knicks out here going for the Brunson and Julius combo.

Look out!! We’re coming for that 8th seed!!
You can't tank and develop young players at the same time anyway. Development means teaching how to win, not lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom