2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was more big’n up KD than “stroking” Bron,but you know Steph boys can’t help yourselves when someone isn’t giving him all the glory and respect.

That’s why I’ve said Draymond is the most likeable Warrior he says some nonsense,but a lot of truth as well.

idk how you take dray giving props to KD and manipulate it to somehow take away from steph

this level of mental gymnastics must require significant training

Wouldn’t they just have re-up’d Harrison Barnes

Not after he went 2/22. And they weren’t going to pay him what the market wanted.

Not only that, the cap JUMPED. The warriors had money to spend. Cleveland ALSO, tried to get KD. Every damn team did. He went to the best possible choice, with the unique cap space because of timing and injury.

You can’t tell me that a prime Steph/Klay/Dray & Iggy…plus whoever they picked up in FA with their cap space was just going to lay down, and not heat a team they lost to on the last possession.

It would’ve been close for sure. The 2017 Cavs were historically great. OFFENSIVELY.

They couldn’t guard a soul tho. And that’s why they lost. And it was clear the entire time.

But it’s much easier to hypothetically say that they couldn’t have won without KD. Than actually looking at the results. And what happened. And this year crystallized it even more. And they DIDNT have a healthy or prime Steph/Klay/Dray or Iggy.

Still won. On the margins. Looney, GP2, Opj, Beli, Pool.

Same as Speights, Barbosa, Ezili, Ian Clarke etc.

:pimp:

Hope they bring back the blues from that era while they're at it

1203307d2dca0d043fa297639424c6f8.jpg

Don't think any other free agent would've put the Warriors over the top in 2016.

Agreed. I think the Cavs win in 2017 if warriors don’t have KD.

I also think the Cavs teams in 17 & 18 would’ve beat the rockets in less than 5 games if they had advanced to the finals.

common knowledge.

I wanna know why you think it’s common knowledge that the Cavs would’ve beat the hypothetical 2017 Warriors without KD?

Do you think GSW, a team that won 73 games and made the finals and lost in 7 on the last shot…would not have been right back in position? Do you also think that team wouldn’t have improved the hole left in their lineup from Harrison Barnes departure? In an off-season with a cap jump?

People say OKC (with KD) was the only threat to GSW in the west (and that is agreed on, that could go either way). But the championship team would have absolutely zero shot, against the Cavs?

The warriors are now 0-1000 in all hypothetical scenarios (and ones that aren’t hypothetical…that you’ve seen play out). It’s funny.

All this IF and hypotheticals are silly. Because truthfully if Yuckmouth wasn't obsessed with other player's groins the Warriors win 2016 Championship in 6 games at worst. And then the Cavs front office very likely would've shipped Qyrie or Love away to find new pieces after seeing how they got* dragged up until the suspension. So then the 2017 & 2018 Cavaliers very likely look like a different team. And then this senseless conversation looks completely different.

You can't pick one variable and only change that variable without accounting for the ripple effects that would result from that change.

What did I say that was wrong/contradictory? I posted this b/c of what Draymond said the year in 2019 when they had that blow-up. He said they didn't need KD then. Now he's doing a 180.

Is that what he said? I thought the quote was:

EH651WdWsAIbxjB.jpg

Go ahead and Juelz this for me about how the "We don't need you" part of this statement retroactively applies to 2017 and 2018.

Don't think any other free agent would've put the Warriors over the top in 2016.

Delusional to think otherwise. Making the finals, though as I said was still feasible. Fun hypothetical was if KD actually stayed in OKC and they picked up Vic and Horford who was strongly linked to go there during that summer pre his decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom