2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part of my point. The work to live factors of society prevent a lot of people from finding out these things about what they can do. If more people had unlimited free time to figure out more people would have figured out golf.

Do some people have an ability to figure out things better than others? Sure. But given an unlimited amount of time they can figure out most things.

I 100% subscribe to this theory some of yall should give the book a read. But haha the jokes. Yall need more self belief

Okay so you do get it :lol: :pimp: This is EXACTLY why I have not taken up golf. Given the finite about of time I have available, I am not willing to spend the amount of time (and money) necessary to become proficient, respectable or even not trash because I could use those resources (time and money) in another aspect of life that I find more valuable.

Kind of like what you talked about using your commute to read (adding value to your life) in lieu of wasting it on pointless YouTube conspiracies or something.

I played golf in 7th grade because I found out we got to miss school on Thursdays, sometimes Fridays too. Because we were like 11 and 12 we didn’t get to use carts so the actual sport was walking. You could take any low grade physical activity thats done in a competitive manner, mix it with walking and call it a sport. What if you had to make 1 move in Jenga, then walk a half mile before making the next move? And so forth for the better part of several hours? You walked, and outside, so you burned calories. But you didn’t athlete and half way you actuaaly stopped in the clubhouse and got burgers, beer, nachos, fried chicken, etc where real sports you’re getting water and sports drinks for real hydration and recovery

Last edited:
There are not many things that bother me, but I think my 20 years on here have shown that I don’t appreciate: (1) a total lack of objectivity; (2) intellectual dishonesty; and (3) ignorant arrogance.

antidope antidope has become the poster child for all three within the last week.

I am not ******* around.

C7E17BF1-983C-43B0-9757-6A4C0302D5F9.gif
7F1368D5-F452-4119-97D0-31C8BCAF94CC.gif

D2E03BDC-29E3-4E1C-8331-2AF400517382.gif

B0CA9193-915C-4689-BFCE-9C879954FAD6.gif

This is part of my point. The work to live factors of society prevent a lot of people from finding out these things about what they can do. If more people had unlimited free time to figure out more people would have figured out golf.

Do some people have an ability to figure out things better than others? Sure. But given an unlimited amount of time they can figure out most things.

I 100% subscribe to this theory some of yall should give the book a read. But haha the jokes. Yall need more self belief

Okay so you do get it :lol: :pimp: This is EXACTLY why I have not taken up golf. Given the finite about of time I have available, I am not willing to spend the amount of time (and money) necessary to become proficient, respectable or even not trash because I could use those resources (time and money) in another aspect of life that I find more valuable.

Kind of like what you talked about using your commute to read (adding value to your life) in lieu of wasting it on pointless YouTube conspiracies or something.

This I agree with.

For me personally, from Monday-Friday, I have 12.5 hours/day accounted for already. And that's not including sleep or eating dinner.

I try to find beauty in the mundane but it's tough. In the office on a Tuesday wishing it was Saturday, you're wishing four days of your life away.

Maybe there is something I'd be really good at that I've never even thought about trying before, for one reason or another.

This I agree with.

For me personally, from Monday-Friday, I have 12.5 hours/day accounted for already. And that's not including sleep or eating dinner.

I try to find beauty in the mundane but it's tough. In the office on a Tuesday wishing it was Saturday, you're wishing four days of your life away.

Maybe there is something I'd be really good at that I've never even thought about trying before, for one reason or another.
You’d ever consider taking up ax throwing?

This I agree with.

Totally agree man. Everyone has it in them to be world class at something. It's a matter of finding it more than anything else.

Life should be more than what it is now. Society is grossly flawed.

You know what my problem with all this is?

nick. nick. could be the greatest squash player in the world, just hasn’t tried it yet

I golfed for the first time couple years back. It’s not that hard. Actually picked it up pretty quickly since I was always a dead eye shooter and my hand eye coordination is top notch. Your mechanics gotta be good, that’s why I’m not surprised Steph Curry is good at it. Me and him have a lot in common.

Its surprisingly pretty fun too once the drinks flowing.
This is the golf equivalent of EWD’s “handles” thread.

10,000 hours is a lot longer than 2 months :lol:

lawdog1 lawdog1

Still, text or the way someone types something can be interpreted way differently than if you were having that same convo with him in person. I get all his point of views, don’t think it’s disrespectful at all.

Plus its a forum with 99% dudes all with our own egos and experiences. I know I say a bunch of dumb **** at times too. It’s never that serious, especially in an online nba thread.

Totally agree man. Everyone has it in them to be world class at something. It's a matter of finding it more than anything else.

Life should be more than what it is now. Society is grossly flawed.
Sorry, Antidope. This line of thinking is flawed. “Finding it” doesn’t necessarily mean that the only thing holding someone back is a lack of looking. Golf is a sport, yes, it is a sport, that isn’t necessarily available to lower classes. Golf is an expensive sport. One reason soccer is the most popular sport worldwide is because poorer people have access to it. That access is a ball. It isn’t always about finding the thing that makes you special, it’s about having the opportunity to find it.

I say this from experience. My kids play travel hockey at high levels. It’s an expensive sport. The initial cost is enough to keep a lot of kids from “finding it.” Equestrian sports are expensive. How many kids are afforded the opportunity to be world class in that?

Sorry, Antidope. This line of thinking is flawed. “Finding it” doesn’t necessarily mean that the only thing holding someone back is a lack of looking. Golf is a sport, yes, it is a sport, that isn’t necessarily available to lower classes. Golf is an expensive sport. One reason soccer is the most popular sport worldwide is because poorer people have access to it. That access is a ball. It isn’t always about finding the thing that makes you special, it’s about having the opportunity to find it.

I say this from experience. My kids play travel hockey at high levels. It’s an expensive sport. The initial cost is enough to keep a lot of kids from “finding it.” Equestrian sports are expensive. How many kids are afforded the opportunity to be world class in that?
Being able to pay for it is a part of finding it. If society was better structured and things like that didn't happen more people would find out they're raw at things like hockey golf and lacrosse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom