2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really brought up wilt like wilt wasn’t some rare freak athletic guy in the league back then. :lol:
J.J. is wrong there. from what was said, Wilt is even way stronger than Shaq in his prime. he was even the pioneer or reason why there is even a shaded area in the basketball court.

J.J. is wrong there. from what was said, Wilt is even way stronger than Shaq in his prime. he was even the pioneer or reason why there is even a shaded area in the basketball court.
huh-dave-chappelle.gif

Bob Cousy didn't win anything until he met Bill Russell.

I would agree Bob Cousy is someone who was definitely overrated at the time
he'd be much better player in today's era than he was back then.
in fairness to the old generation, atleast they played team basketball and played efficiently, and most importantly, didn't deliberately travel.

there was a discussion about this on tv a few years ago. I couldn't remember if Shaq was also asked about it during that time but it was mentioned that Wilt was stronger.

anyways, same reaction as you before as I couldn't believe it either. although just watching at the games he played and how he used a man as a barbell, it could be true.

I mean its like every generation of sports

I'm sure Pete rose wouldn't be as good as a hitter hitting against all the pitchers in the mlb who are throwing 100+

Every time I read the word pioneer I know someone is trying to get credit for something they're not the best at anymore.

Congrats you were the first. They're better. Go drink some more lead water.

Lol let's be serious fellas

Maybe a handful were legit NBA Hoopers but the other 99.9999% of them wouldn't even standout in a today's competitive men league

On NT
how about those Boston 3rd stringers last night? do you think they are legit?

im pretty sure the last Alabama team that won a national championship could beat a nfl team from the 1970s maybe even 1980s

in fairness to the old generation, atleast they played team basketball and played efficiently, and most importantly, didn't deliberately travel.

Eh your taking it to far, they did plenty of inefficient things. :lol:

My point isn't that old players are better,
Old player played the way they did because of the rules and the environment.

Current players do the same thing.

Current NBA players push the traveling rules to the limit

Because refs have been profesionalized and now enforce the rules based on objective criteria.

Back in the day they would just call traveling if it looked funny.

They would call travels on early euro steps just because it looked different. :lol:

Most Nt'ers who played at least Varsity basketball post 1985 can keep up with Bob Cousy.

That's how little I believe in how good he was.

Everyone who plays with Ballislife is better than Bob Cousy, I'd pick Paige Bueckers over Bob Cousy, honestly I think reboot Will Smith from Bel-Air is better than Bob Cousy.

Current NBA players push the traveling rules to the limit

Because refs have been profesionalized and now enforce the rules based on objective criteria.

Back in the day they would just call traveling if it looked funny.

They would call travels on early euro steps just because it looked different. :lol:
too bad I was born in the wrong era. :lol::lol: :lol:

on the otherhand, it was a good thing as I was able to develop some great pivot moves. a skill now lost and only the very few can execute.

Most Nt'ers who played at least Varsity basketball post 1985 can keep up with Bob Cousy.

That's how little I believe in how good he was.

Everyone who plays with Ballislife is better than Bob Cousy, I'd pick Paige Bueckers over Bob Cousy, honestly I think reboot Will Smith from Bel-Air is better than Bob Cousy.

60 year old Bob Cousy goes for 25 points 13 assists against the NT varsity Allstars.

1985-0105-bob-cousy-079113675jpg.jpg

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom