2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
283140477_5898405356854606_5138716701168415689_n.jpg

Doug stealing laptops Gotlieb def did :lol:. Wild. Been a scumbag tho.

“Fake recital is almost as bad as real rasicm :smh: :lol:

I listened to 5 minutes of him talking about the Jimbo/Saban/NIL thing last night and immediately remembered why I've turned out anything Gottlieb touched for years now.

Grown men trying to dictate when athletes who make universities billions have "earned" their share. :smh: Disgusting.

Total scumbag. This mother ****er was stealing credit cards to make ends meet in college and got the nerve to sit up here questioning any student athlete getting cashed out.

I don’t think rules are why old hoopers played/dribbled the way they did. They just didn’t have decades of innovation that players have had since. I mean, look at how they shot the basketball. They all look goofy doing that too. Did the rules say you had to shoot the ball like you’ve never touched a basketball? Same with football. Didn’t they used to pass the ball like 2 times a game back in the day? Then someone learned how to do it effectively and decades later you get Mahomes.

Cousy is a pioneer and a legend.

Cousy wouldn’t be on an NBA roster in 2022.

Both are OK.

Both are true.

Old players didn't have the benefit of innovations.
and the rules inhibited innovations.

players in the pre 2015 weren't doing the side step 3's that have become in vogue now.

does that mean that they were physically incapable of doing it if you told them about it?
of course not.

If Cousy had the benefits of modernity he absolutely would be on an NBA rosters.

simple euro step being called a travel.

Jerry west trying a basic cross over getting called for a carry.

Why many 60s-70s NBA players don't crossover or display _handles_ (stricter palming calls).gif

the rules def inhibited creativity

if you were a guard you were much better of keeping your handle as orthodox as possible and just rising up in the midrange.

s6Haq7.gif
SoggyAmpleCanadagoose-size_restricted.gif

all Bob Cousy was a pioneer and ahead of his time, but never won anything until Russell, because the NBA rules didn't reward fancy dribbling.

JJ is one of them WOKE BOIS AND SJWS that DSA and I disapprove of. It hurts me when WHITE 🤴 fight but their battle is an important one. Robert Cousey was a Celt when my grandparents were fans. Though they couldn't attend games in person being Black that was when I BECAME A FAN OF MY CELTS.
I thought jj was a racist? didnt he say some **** about asians?

If you thought Doug Gottlieb only LOOKED like Ben Shapiro, look no further than those tweets as proof you're wrong.

Next gig gonna be the Daily Wire's sports commentator.

simple euro step being called a travel.

Jerry west trying a basic cross over getting called for a carry.

Why many 60s-70s NBA players don't crossover or display _handles_ (stricter palming calls).gif't crossover or display _handles_ (stricter palming calls).gif

the rules def inhibited creativity

if you were a guard you were much better of keeping your handle as orthodox as possible and just rising up in the midrange.

s6Haq7.gif
SoggyAmpleCanadagoose-size_restricted.gif

all Bob Cousy was a pioneer and ahead of his time, but never won anything until Russell, because the NBA rules didn't reward fancy dribbling.

this is so true. with regards to the so-called euro-step, it was performed more conservatively in the past inorder not to be called a travel. but even that was still open for debate and arguments if it was legal or not. back then, we called it the side-step. so when I saw what this euro-step they were all talking about, it's just a side-step, it's not like it's a new move.

before, you can't even gather your step or do a first move without you getting the whistle for a travel if you didn't drop and dribble the ball.

and the famous Iverson cross-over. clearly, the rules got changed as it is really a travel, carry, palming, underhanding the ball if we were going to apply the old rules. I remember getting called a lot for manipulating the ball by dribbling off-pace or erratically but that was not even Iverson level kind of crossing. I was more of a Tim Hardaway kind of crosser, really conservative.

Both are true.

Old players didn't have the benefit of innovations.
and the rules inhibited innovations.

players in the pre 2015 weren't doing the side step 3's that have become in vogue now.

does that mean that they were physically incapable of doing it if you told them about it?
of course not.

If Cousy had the benefits of modernity he absolutely would be on an NBA rosters.

💯

My move set is strictly from 1996 to 2015.

Nothing new learned after that :lol:. These youngins these days are taking ball handling to a whole nother era.

And WE grew up in the And1 Mixtape/Iso Ball era :lol:. And some of what we see today, we wouldn’t have imagined or even thought was legal or practiced really.

It’s crazy to think about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom