2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Fraid Luka'nem go down 0-2 tonight, which you definitely don't want to do against the Dubs rollin'.

And the Dubs are rolling.

-foe

💯

My move set is strictly from 1996 to 2015.

Nothing new learned after that :lol:. These youngins these days are taking ball handling to a whole nother era.

And WE grew up in the And1 Mixtape/Iso Ball era :lol:. And some of what we see today, we wouldn’t have imagined or even thought was legal or practiced really.

It’s crazy to think about
mine would be from 70s to 2015 without the ridiculous travels. I have adapted certain moves/rules which I see is completely legal and I have more freedom on doing past moves that were considered illegal back then. I still do the conventional iceman finger roll, Mchale pivots, curls, side-steps, ball/head fakes, and T. Hardaway crosses. although I seem to have significantly reduce my reliance on the baby hook eventhough it was extremely effective and efficient (rarely missed). while I can do some fade-aways, I don't like them at all as it is not that efficient for me to use.

having said that, most of these youngins seems to have lost the midrange and low post efficiency in exchange for having the ability to shoot the 3 ball.

Back when pro athletes had to be plumbers and firemen in the off season to make ends meet the play for education may have been valuable but too much money changing hands not to pay players now. The game has evolved.
the game has both evolved and devolved at the same time.

I think John Stockton being able to be who he was from the 80s/90s all the way to 2003, speaks to just how talented the other generation was. And adaptability.

Stockton essentially dribbled, passed and shot closer to the guys in the 60s, than say an Allen Iverson or any creative ball handling guard from the iso ball era.

You figure, his play style is from the late 60s and 70s. But it never really changed for him, as he got deeper in his career.

Magic Johnson was still a dawg with the pill…dribbling old school…. at the same time that Penny Hardaway was ushering in a new school look at a big guard. And it looked completely different

Elaborate.
evolved example. players are now allowed to shoot the 3 ball regardless of height and position.
devolved example, players got worse with efficiency in the midrange and low-post.

also, the consistency on the violation calls on ridiculous and obvious travels.

evolved example. players are now allowed to shoot the 3 ball regardless of height and position.
devolved example, players got worse with efficiency in the midrange and low-post.

also, the consistency on the violation calls on ridiculous and obvious travels.
I got the evolved part, needed clarity on what you considered 'devolved' . I don't think players are worse in the mid range it's just the game has moved away from it, you got 7fters with handles and long range jump shots now.. Travels have evolved from 3 steps to 4 :lol: I consider it all evolution of the game.

JJ been goin’ at Cousy head for a minute. Our IG convo from last October:
8345C087-9C9B-4E78-A94A-D8084E33C0EF.jpeg

I got the evolved part, needed clarity on what you considered 'devolved' . I don't think players are worse in the mid range it's just the game has moved away from it, you got 7fters with handles and long range jump shots now.. Travels have evolved from 3 steps to 4 :lol: I consider it all evolution of the game.

I do think modern players basically act like they are allergic to hook shots. :lol:

Gannis would have been much better of if he learned to shoot a hook shot earlier in his carrier.
you see that with a lot of young bigs whos rather do fancy dribble moves and fadeaways instead of drop step and hook shots.

I think the style of play has gotten a lot worse.

I mean, Grant Williams took 17 threes in a game seven, that’s what y’all really want to watch? Every team pretty much increasingly has to play the same style because if you’re not putting up 1000 3’s a game, you have no chance.

Analytics and the three-ball have ruined a lot of the game I love. Would love to get rid of the three ball for a year and see what would happen.

I mean, Grant Williams took 17 threes in a game seven, that’s what y’all really want to watch? Every team pretty much increasingly has to play the same style because if you’re not putting up 1000 3’s a game, you have no chance.

Analytics and the three-ball have ruined a lot of the game I love. Would love to get rid of the three ball for a year and see what would happen.

With no 3 point he probably takes 17 open jumpers anyways. I read somewhere there isn’t a large difference between the number of jumpers taken in this era versus 20-30 years ago.

It wouldn't look much different, players would still space the floor but for easy paint opportunities instead of 3s
The midrange game is never going to return like that. They're too inefficient compared to other shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom