2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't look much different, players would still space the floor but for easy paint opportunities instead of 3s
The midrange game is never going to return like that. They're too inefficient compared to other shots

Mid range catch and shoot jumpers died. But really they turned into corner and wing 3s. Guys are always going to shoot mid range jumpers off the bounce.

A handful of guys break the rules. Harden not taking mid range jumpers. Steph taking any shot he wants. The game is still the same, just the distance of the shot has changed.

I think the style of play has gotten a lot worse.

I mean, Grant Williams took 17 threes in a game seven, that’s what y’all really want to watch? Every team pretty much increasingly has to play the same style because if you’re not putting up 1000 3’s a game, you have no chance.

Analytics and the three-ball have ruined a lot of the game I love. Would love to get rid of the three ball for a year and see what would happen.

Lets make a 4 point line. Have it go out 40 feet away from the basket.

Yeah, no I'm sure Steph, Klay and Dray ain't thought about anything non-playoffs related for even a few minutes the last few weeks. Totally.
Draymond is more than likely recording his podcast on the NIL college sports controversy right now

We need hot spots

1376896-psogl012.jpg

I got the evolved part, needed clarity on what you considered 'devolved' . I don't think players are worse in the mid range it's just the game has moved away from it, you got 7fters with handles and long range jump shots now.. Travels have evolved from 3 steps to 4 :lol: I consider it all evolution of the game.
:rofl: . you kiddin me. travels will take forever to be called.

Mid range catch and shoot jumpers died. But really they turned into corner and wing 3s. Guys are always going to shoot mid range jumpers off the bounce.

A handful of guys break the rules. Harden not taking mid range jumpers. Steph taking any shot he wants. The game is still the same, just the distance of the shot has changed.
I think it's funny how guys yearn for the return of iso-ball midrange mastery but forget how ugly that **** was outside of the stars, many of whom still play like that, especially in the playoffs when it's time for tough buckets.

KD is one of the most efficient midrange scorers of all time probably only behind Mike. Kyrie gets whatever shot he wants. Bron spent so much of his 2nd Cavs run flexing his post game. And young guys like Book, Tatum and Luka are clearly keeping the tradition going.

It's only the role players who no one wants to see chucking up some bs when they could be taking open 3s instead. Like, idk, Grant Williams.

JJ should’ve said “that generation was so easy I could’ve been something more than a role player who could only shoot 3s”

*shrug*

With no 3 point he probably takes 17 open jumpers anyways. I read somewhere there isn’t a large difference between the number of jumpers taken in this era versus 20-30 years ago.
if I remember correctly, the 3 point lane was made to space up the floor for other players to shoot and not to encourage players to clog the lane and somehow penalizing either teams to shoot better. but I think that is not the case. players nowadays fell inlove with the 3 point shot eventhough they are not efficient with it and thereby neglecting the importance of making a midrange or learning to be more efficient in doing so.

I think it's funny how guys yearn for the return of iso-ball midrange mastery but forget how ugly that **** was outside of the stars, many of whom still play like that, especially in the playoffs when it's time for tough buckets.
Yeah, I personally don’t at all miss games when teams struggled to score in the 90s despite each taking 15+ FTs.

KD is one of the most efficient midrange scorers of all time probably only behind Mike. Kyrie gets whatever shot he wants. Bron spent so much of his 2nd Cavs run flexing his post game. And young guys like Book, Tatum and Luka are clearly keeping the tradition going.

It's only the role players who no one wants to see chucking up some bs when they could be taking open 3s instead. Like, idk, Grant Williams.
that's the funny part. they are confident of shooting the 3 even if they are inefficient but afraid to move inside the 3 point area and shoot. anyway, what about WestBrook? guy can't shoot anywhere.

how about the efficiency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom