2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re a role player and you have 8 shots a game to take, they need to be either wide open layups or wide open 3s. Same concept 25 years ago but they were catch and shoot mid range jumpers
Basketball simplified is to maximize your points per possession while limiting your opponent's

3s > 2s, it makes no sense to not prioritize them

Attachments

• donkey-shrek.gif
    donkey-shrek.gif
    819.4 KB · Views: 38
It's really hard to be more efficient on midrange 2s than 3s
That's why the game is the way it is currently
or is it because they are not trying to be more efficient on it or the lack of training?

Donkey for example is not even an efficient shooter from 3 but would gladly do it, but he's too scared to take midrange shots.

I think the style of play has gotten a lot worse.

I mean, Grant Williams took 17 threes in a game seven, that’s what y’all really want to watch? Every team pretty much increasingly has to play the same style because if you’re not putting up 1000 3’s a game, you have no chance.

Analytics and the three-ball have ruined a lot of the game I love. Would love to get rid of the three ball for a year and see what would happen.
I remember having a game on at a family event and a guy who doesn’t even watch sports was like damn what happened to basketball? He said everyone is just launching 3’s with no attempt to rebound. I said yea that’s pretty much all they do now. I think it was a Rockets game too :lol:

I remember having a game on at a family event and a guy who doesn’t even watch sports was like damn what happened to basketball? He said everyone is just launching 3’s with no attempt to rebound. I said yea that’s pretty much all they do now. I think it was a Rockets game too :lol:

You messed up by talking basketball with someone who doesn’t watch sports.

Couldn’t be me

remember that recent game between the Warriors and Grizzlies where they were chucking 3s? if that is what you call as evolution and efficient, then damn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(speechless).

There's a reason smart teams saw what the warriors did in 2015/16 and instead of writing it off as anomalous/gimmicky immediately began copying them

If it's not a layup/dunk it needs to be a 3. There is no better shot for the average player to take

There's a reason smart teams saw what the warriors did in 2015/16 and instead of writing it off as anomalous/gimmicky immediately began copying them

If it's not a layup/dunk it needs to be a 3. There is no better shot for the average player to take
Again emphasis on average. Your stars get wiggle room. Can’t hate shooting when every team in the past 30 years that won got key floor spacing from their role players.

Again emphasis on average. Your stars get wiggle room. Can’t hate shooting when every team in the past 30 years that won got key floor spacing from their role players.
if they are scoring, but what if when they are missing? like the Grizzlies and Warriors game when both teams were just chucking 3s like crazy to no avail.

Speaking of this 3 debate. I saw a Dennis Rodman Bulls 3 point compilation and man, he was terrible at 17% but when it went in it was a damn perfect shot. :lol:

Dennis ****ing Rodman though with a 8 minute 3’s compilation video and Ben Simmons with a herniated disk from CoD.
just remember that those stats are also magnified by attempts. 1 attempt miss per game would decrease your percentage by a mile as compared to someone like WestBrook that chucks up shot after shot. between Draymond and Dennis, I have more confidence on Dennis making the shot or does something on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom