2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
if they are scoring, but what if when they are missing? like the Grizzlies and Warriors game when both teams were just chucking 3s like crazy to no avail.

Grizzlies don’t take those same looks if their best player is out there. They got caught playing the better teams style.

You weren’t beating those Shaq lead teams on the block if Duncan is out. You’re not beating the warriors in a shooting contest if you’re best player goes down

just remember that those stats are also magnified by attempts. 1 attempt miss per game would decrease your percentage by a mile as compared to someone like WestBrook that chucks up shot after shot. between Draymond and Dennis, I have more confidence on Dennis making the shot or does something on offense.

if they are scoring, but what if when they are missing? like the Grizzlies and Warriors game when both teams were just chucking 3s like crazy to no avail.
Well let me put things in perspective. Even with both the Grizzlies and Warriors putting up awful numbers from beyond the arc, the points from both teams were both higher than the average NBA scores per team pre-2000s. So that goes to show you that even with putting up atrocious 3-point percentage numbers, it's still more effective than what they put out prior to the 3-point era.

283140477_5898405356854606_5138716701168415689_n.jpg
Can always traffick in another wife. Only one Luka tho

Well let me put things in perspective. Even with both the Grizzlies and Warriors putting up awful numbers from beyond the arc, there scores from both teams were both higher than the average NBA scores pre-2010s. So that goes to show you that even with putting up atrocious 3-point percentage numbers, it's still more effective than what they put out prior to the 3-point era.
well in perspective, you are trying to win a game unless your concern is to outshoot your opponent from 3 just because analytics say that your average is higher from that area. I have seen some ridiculous plays that players blow a wide open lay-up and retreated to do a 3 and missing.

I’m team take the 3 but I will see some (role players) guys turn down wide open 1 dribble pull up 2s after being chased off the line for step back 3s. Those are low percentage 3s to me and probably need to chill.

Talking to you Jae crowder. You too Wes Matthews

This Cousey talk got me HEATED. Robert is a WHITE 🤴 THAT YOU BETTA RESPECT. Our President honored him and so should you. He could cross up a fool if he wanted to but he's a Conservative. We aren't flashy but you must not mistake us for fools or LIBS.

well in perspective, you are trying to win a game unless your concern is to outshoot your opponent from 3 just because analytics say that your average is higher from that area. I have seen some ridiculous plays that players blow a wide open lay-up and retreated to do a 3 and missing.
No doubt, if you can get passed your man to get a lay-up, you go for it. But I would say most of the 3s were of the catching and shooting variety, so their goal was to let the shot off from where they stood without a thought about finding a lane to drive in. If you're a perimeter shooter and you have a little bit space to get a clean shot, you shoot it. You primary task is to shoot, so you're not lingering on whether or not to drive. You drive if you could clear a guy closing in on you, but even with that, the defense could collapse on you. This is why teams rather keep passing until they either hit some one cutting inside or for a high-percentage shot, or they find a player with a wide-open shot beyond the arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom