2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like we’re back in November/December :lol:

They’re capped out, any trade for a facilitator that would move the needle is gonna cost Smart and/or Rob Williams, which would be a lateral move at best.

They’re gonna live & die with the decision making from Tatum & Brown & to a lesser extent Smart.

44 minutes tonight, no rest in the 2nd half for both Tatum/Brown.

Ime gonna ride em, they just have to be smarter which they’ve shown the ability to do.

I’m surprised we’re here after that Bucks series, and G3 of this series, but still PLENTY of ball left.
The refusal to not build action involving Curry or Pool in the 4th makes zero sense and lost them the game. Ime, Tatum, and Brown all deserve equal blame for that.

As far as moves the team can make, it’ll be a picks based trade with Horford’s expiring salary going out for someone that can be a more consistent offensive threat. That’s gonna happen whether they win or lose this series. Have a $17M trade exception to use to bring in a bench piece too.

Tatum is still there best passer and playmaker. He’s at 2:1 ATO this series. Wiggins has him in jail for sure. Still too early to be writing obituaries
They clearly at minimum need a guy who Tatum can share those duties with. Warriors defense is really good but they work way too hard to get looks. Tatum is a tough shot maker but those shots look bad against great defense + when they’re not falling.

I think it’s totally disingenuous and shortsighted to say the Celtics let this game slip away. I mean, yes, Curry didn’t make a single 3 and had an “off” game. And usually, you’d think the other team was primed to win under those conditions.

But the media needs to give way more credit to the Warriors defense. I understand this Celtics defense is probably one of the best Finals defenses we’ve seen in a long time, but the Warriors defense is pretty impressive as well.

Enough cannot be said about the defense Wiggins, GP2, Klay (in some cases) and Looney has been playing the last few games.

Outside of an abnormal 4th quarter shooting in game 1 for Boston, this series should’ve been 3-1 heading into game 5.

Will the Warriors close out on Thursday?

tatum acfually had a solid game last night except for the 4 turnovers. his best of the series but people really ripping on him

the guy who should be getting ripped is jaylen brown

his worst game of the finals was saved by the 10 free throw attempts the refs gave him 6 of them being on the softest foul calls of the series.

They clearly at minimum need a guy who Tatum can share those duties with. Warriors defense is really good but they work way too hard to get looks. Tatum is a tough shot maker but those shots look bad against great defense + when they’re not falling.

I’ve spoken against my turn your turn offense. They’ve gotten this far so it’s hard to argue against. But it’s hard to win when you’re two best players don’t create consistent offense for each other.

But they are in the finals so maybe they are just too young

Outside of an abnormal 4th quarter shooting in game 1 for Boston, this series should’ve been 3-1 heading into game 5.
I really have grown to hate this type of evaluating for series/games :lol:. Abnormal things happen every series. It’s literally why we watch sports. It’s the beauty of it. Warriors were dead to rights and Steph had a ridiculous 3Q of Game 4 as well. So these things never really make too much sense unless you count up “abnormal” events for both sides.

:lol:

20220614_012218.jpg

Steph's Will Smith Oscars moment cooking up :rofl:

I think it’s totally disingenuous and shortsighted to say the Celtics let this game slip away. I mean, yes, Curry didn’t make a single 3 and had an “off” game. And usually, you’d think the other team was primed to win under those conditions.

But the media needs to give way more credit to the Warriors defense. I understand this Celtics defense is probably one of the best Finals defenses we’ve seen in a long time, but the Warriors defense is pretty impressive as well.

Enough cannot be said about the defense Wiggins, GP2, Klay (in some cases) and Looney has been playing the last few games.

Will the Warriors close out on Thursday?
unless the warriors come out hitting everything and totally destroying the celtics and the celtics just laying down no way this series is not gonna go 7 games. no way the league lets an opportunity like that slip away having a sunday night game 7 on fathers day.

I really have grown to hate this type of evaluating for series/games :lol:. Abnormal things happen every series. It’s literally why we watch sports. It’s the beauty of it. Warriors were dead to rights and Steph had a ridiculous 3Q of Game 4 as well. So these things never really make too much sense unless you count up “abnormal” events for both sides.

Oh, I totally agree with you. The abnormal point can be said about Steph’s game 4 performance as well.

Just saying how things change very quickly in a series.

The series is basically exactly where it “should” be. While there has definitely been some swings, the teams were pretty much statistically even going into last night’s game. There’s a very good chance everything looks close to even again after Thursday.

Think a big part of that though is that Boston is just standing and watching. There’s not enough movement off ball to make them pay for the help.

After 5 games, I don’t think we can expect the Celtics to move off-ball. Yes, they’re the more athletic team, but a pitfall of being an athletic team results in a lack of off-ball movement. They’re very iso-heavy in several possessions throughout the game.

On a similar note: making harsh conclusions based on the NBA Finals

i.e. trade klay etc.

The warriors’ help defense in the paint is too good to go at Steph consistently. It absolutely works in spurts but a lot of those turnovers happen in clogged lanes
Horford in there by himself, hes spotting up & theyre 5 out. Tough to help & get back out to 30 feet.

Timelord in there, if Looney’s out like he was last night, it’s open season on the rim. You drive on Steph/Poole, Dray rotates off Williams to help, and all series they’ve struggled either rotating to Williams (helping the helper) or boxing out Williams after they rotate :lol: You also have to come off of a shooter to get to Williams.

That’s assuming Tatum/Brown/Smart can’t finish over those smaller guards, which admittedly they haven’t at points but just like they don’t hesitate shooting 3s when they’re cold you gotta keep attacking the rim.

But instead you settle for tough jumpers over Klay & Wiggins.

Tatum needs a floater if he is trying to finish by avoiding contact. Man is out there finessing the ball in and praying for the foul when there is minimal contact

Speaking of Horford, the Warriors need to attack him on defense. Or at the very least, attack the paint non-stop until they put Williams III back in.

Ya thought I was joking when I said dray was going to bounce back. championship dna in that man. Set the tone early and was impactful. Classic dray is a beast on both ends

Horford in there by himself, hes spotting up & theyre 5 out. Tough to help & get back out to 30 feet.

Timelord in there, if Looney’s out like he was last night, it’s open season on the rim. You drive on Steph/Poole, Dray rotates off Williams to help, and all series they’ve struggled either rotating to Williams (helping the helper) or boxing out Williams after they rotate :lol: You also have to come off of a shooter to get to Williams.

That’s assuming Tatum/Brown/Smart can’t finish over those smaller guards, which admittedly they haven’t at points but just like they don’t hesitate shooting 3s when they’re cold you gotta keep attacking the rim.

But instead you settle for tough jumpers over Klay & Wiggins.

It’s elbows and boxes when ever they isolate him and you got average to believe average playmakers out there. Tatum been spamming the low gather which ain’t going to work in the finals. Loon and Draymond are great help defenders.

I know you have to attack the head of the rattlesnake though. It’s jokes about Steph’s defense but they wouldn’t be the best team of the decade if he was complete trash on defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom