2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

North East as Coup said is different for baseball. Still seems like it’s the thing compared to other places.

Could be said for Upper Midwest too. Chicago and Minnesota.

It might be that those regions experience significant weather changes for Winter, so baseball has some more symbolism. That’s a random thought I had, may mean nothing in actuality.
As well as baseball in North East and Upper Midwest is a lot more ingrained in the DNA than let’s say the West Coast (that’s no shot, just a point of when MLB expanded out those ways)

Where it loses popularity is the pipeline for MLB compared to NBA and NFL is so much harder to follow. College football and basketball has a much higher reach, so you can get introduced to players before pro, and if you’re drafted, you’re in the pros. Whereas baseball, you draft somebody from a school you never heard of or a high school in East Bum **** and they disappear for 5 years or forever.

Yeah it’s also natural that regions and cities that have had their teams there for over 100 years will have more loyal support: New York, Boston, Philly, Chicago, St. Louis, etc.

North East as Coup said is different for baseball. Still seems like it’s the thing compared to other places.
It might be that those regions experience significant weather changes for Winter, so baseball has some more symbolism.
It’s the abundant Dominican, Puerto Rican, Venezuelan, Columbian population in the north east specifically in north Pennsylvania, nj, nyc, and boston.

It’s the abundant Dominican, Puerto Rican, Venezuelan, Columbian population in the north east specifically in north Pennsylvania, nj, nyc, and boston.

We have large populations of all those groups here in Miami and they don’t go out to the ballpark unless the team is winning. They definitely enjoy baseball, but they’re no more loyal than anyone else.

Part of the reason they pushed for the ballpark in Little Havana where the old Orange Bowl was because it’s a very latin area. Has it improved turnout? Hardly.

I was born here, in Connecticut and then moved to Westchester County, NY in middle school. Then went to College and Grad school in South Florida.

My parents are both Portuguese but my Dad migrated to France when he was 8, so yea that’s where I get the “global vibe”. Most of family are in Portugal and France so I’ve been there at least 15 times in my life, we’d always spend Summer there.

But I grew up playing American Sports in CT and NY because that’s just what everyone else was doing.

Played High School Basketball, Baseball, and Football. But Basketball was my love. Walked on Freshman year of College without even really wanting to.

Soccer I will always love but it was difficult to play as a kid. No one was playing it and the kids league are a joke.

So I still loved Soccer because of my Pops, it’s a religion. Never stopped watching.

Wait you aren’t from NY? 😳

We have large populations of all those groups here in Miami and they don’t go out to the ballpark unless the team is winning. They definitely enjoy baseball, but they’re no more loyal than anyone else.

Part of the reason they pushed for the ballpark in Little Havana where the old Orange Bowl was because it’s a very latin area. Has it improved turnout? Hardly.
cause the marlins are a helpless organization and I’d also bet They’re Yankees and red Sox fans :lol: probably more yank fans in Tampa bay than the rays too

I have to know how C CP1708 came support his teams :lol:

One from the Midwest, one from LA, and the other from South Florida :lol:

Fairly easy. Grew up in LA, listening to Chick Hearn. Lakers, baby.

Then, summers with no school, WGN had live baseball at 11 AM man, wrigley field, Harray Carray, ivy, bleacher bums, day baseball, wind blowin out so you'd have all those 13-12 games, so Cubs for life there.

And then, Dan Marino. And The U.

And then, Dan Marino. And The U.

tenor.gif

You’ve always gotten a pass in my book because of your football allegiances :nthat:

Someone in here predicted he would break it at Fenway, Seems very likely now. Ball could end up on Landsdowne Street.

Back
Top Bottom