2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

This is rich..aren't you the guy also preaching that, "everybody cheats", so who cares?...Astros cheated, Bonds, yada yada down to the Black Sox...it's baseball nomenclature, afterall.

Yes, absolutely.

So why aren't we mentioning this stuff EVERY TIME with Pujols like we do Bonds, ARod etc? 👀

Why we crushing Ime Udoka for sex but I don't see any drawn out draggings of Brett Favre? 👀

People don't like Bonds, ARod, Lance Armstrong so they drag them thru the mud but they like Albert so let's "celebrate" his achievements while dismissing others. They all cheated, treat them the same. :wink:

Yes, absolutely.

So why aren't we mentioning this stuff EVERY TIME with Pujols like we do Bonds, ARod etc? 👀

Why we crushing Ime Udoka for sex but I don't see any drawn out draggings of Brett Favre? 👀

People don't like Bonds, ARod, Lance Armstrong so they drag them thru the mud but they like Albert so let's "celebrate" his achievements while dismissing others. They all cheated, treat them the same. :wink:

Yet you posted about folks up in arms about the hatred towards the Astros with chagrin, since, you know...its been a part of the game for a century +...and now you want everyone to hate on Albert based on a theory? Should we hate on all cheaters or be selective, CP...tell us.

Whether he took roids or not is irrelevant. It's the principle of the fact that you try and wob and weave towards convincing yourself of your own biases. Silly boy... :lol:

If everyone accused him vehemently, your stance says you'd be at his defense.

If you cheat and get caught, shame on the naysayers...if you may or may not have cheated...that guy better be put under flames. Makes no gahdamn sense.

Yet you posted about folks up in arms about the hatred towards the Astros with chagrin, since, you know...its been a part of the game for a century +...and now you want everyone to hate on Albert based on a theory? Should we hate on all cheaters or be selective, CP...tell us.

Whether he took roids or not is irrelevant. It's the principle of the fact that you try and wob and weave towards convincing yourself of your own biases. Silly boy... :lol:

What the ****are you babbling about?

I was telling everyone to calm their **** about the Astros BECAUSE THEIR TEAMS ARE ALSO CHEATING. Mine included. As in, TREAT ALL OF THEM EQUALLY. Hate the Astros for cheating? Then hate the Twins too. Or my favorite team the Dodgers. ( :lol: ) The Yankees, Mets, all the colored Sox, etc.

Hate Bonds, Clemens, McGwire and Sosa? Want to put * all over them. Then add one of those bad boys * next to 700. Don't try to "awww shucks, he was clean, he wouldn't do that". :lol:

Whether he took roids or not is irrelevant :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It sounds like you're speaking to the MLB and/or its writers. I don't see many in here disagreeing with the idea that Bonds holds the record, so on and so forth. Your argument is literally that Pujols gets no heat and is assumed to be clean; however, if he was roided up, he sidles right into your stance that everyone cheats.

If everyone cheats, he's still in the 700 club, IRREGARDLESS if he cheated or not. So, what exactly is the difference? It doesn't matter.

It's funny how you're so confident in your point that you also contradict. You're Mr. Spin factor for sure.

It sounds like you're speaking to the MLB and/or its writers. I don't see many in here disagreeing with the idea that Bonds holds the record, so on and so forth. Your argument is literally that Pujols gets no heat and is assumed to be clean; however, if he was roided up, he sidles right into your stance that everyone cheats.

If everyone cheats, he's still in the 700 club, IRREGARDLESS if he cheated or not. So, what exactly is the difference? It doesn't matter.

It's funny how you're so confident in your point that you also contradict. You're Mr. Spin factor for sure.

........contradict? :lol:

How the hell do I make it clearer?????

If you * anyone, include the dude everyone celebrating. Don't turn a blind eye. Be even keel.

If you hate the Astros for cheating, hate you're own team as well, they are also cheating. Be even keel.

Where is the contradiction? :lol: :lol: :lol:

........contradict? :lol:

How the hell do I make it clearer?????

If you * anyone, include the dude everyone celebrating. Don't turn a blind eye. Be even keel.

If you hate the Astros for cheating, hate you're own team as well, they are also cheating. Be even keel.

Where is the contradiction? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again...who you speaking to? I'm in agreement on the prevalence of cheating in baseball. Have barely said a word about the Astros' "scandal," but you conveniently moved goal posts. You just want everyone to hate Pujols. That's all it is. You alluded to as much.

For weeks I've been saying Judge and Pujols both on a new cycle.

Most home runs since early August? :nerd:

Judge and Pujols. 🤔 :lol:

Judge forever hurt in a contract year suddenly crushing, and the corpse of Pujols suddenly crushing a decade later.

Nothin to see here. :lol:

Judge may get his pass since he's in a diff era. Not my call. Pujols should not. He's firmly within THAT era. He literally sat beside McGwire. Jack Clark sang on him same as Canseco sang on Mark. His trainer was hugely connected.

Again...who you speaking to? I'm in agreement on the prevalence of cheating in baseball. Have barely said a word about the Astros' "scandal," but you conveniently moved goal posts. You just want everyone to hate Pujols. That's all it is. You alluded to as much.

WHAT?!?!?!???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Are there coded letters in my posts you're reading in order or something? :lol:

No. Stop adding whatever spin you're doing. I've said quite clearly 18 times now my stance. Treat them ALL the same. Stop giving passes to some but not others. Full stop. Zero code words. Stop trying to translate.

Judge may get his pass since he's in a diff era. Not my call. Pujols should not. He's firmly within THAT era.

So, what?!

WHAT?!?!?!???

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Are there coded letters in my posts you're reading in order or something? :lol:

No. Stop adding whatever spin you're doing. I've said quite clearly 18 times now my stance.
Treat them ALL the same. Stop giving passes to some but not others. Full stop. Zero code words. Stop trying to translate.

Exactly my point? :lol:

WE MUST RIDICULE PUJOLS!!!

Interestingly enough, I think we have common ground, but you're speaking to an overall crowd and nothing I've said.

I dont think Bonds, Sosa, Rose, McGwire, Palmeiro, Clemons, etc. should be excluded from the Hall nor ignored in talking about all-time greats of this game., since you have me pegged for some other target audience.

Whether they should be ridiculed or not is subjective and frivolous - but apparently gets you going - and it has very little influence on my underlying point. You went out of your way on a post where I appreciate the guy and for what? You're just hating. Clear as ******* day.

Yea, you're just makin **** up now so whatev.

Not at all.

We're on the same page with a lot, but since you for some reason conflated me into the defined group of the anti-steal-signing-Maris-is-the-real-HR-Champ-1998-didnt-happen-Bonds-who?-crowd (more or less) has nothing to do with what I said. That's just you assuming.

You want EVERYONE to question Pujols and claim illegitimacy to his 700 - and I realize at this point I sound like a Stan if it's without context - but to what end? It makes no sense but for self-vindication or I don't know what.

He's not Bonds, not overall better than A-Rod, I just appreciate the guy and think he's rarely talked about amongst some of the greatest. That's it. What's wrong with that? :lol:

Oh, my bad...He PROBABLY took steroids.

Somehow, my opinion is still the same (even assuming he did)...ergo, the common ground.

Last edited:
Albert Pujols is definitely going to be the last ever player to hit 700 home runs. Maybe the last ever to hit 600.

Mike Trout is the only person I could see getting to 600, if he stays healthy for another decade.

My fiance was like awww when I got a lil emotional for Pujols last night. She ain't seen nothing yet. His last at bat I'm turning into the fresh prince
will-smith-awwww.gif

MLv.gif

For weeks I've been saying Judge and Pujols both on a new cycle.

Most home runs since early August? :nerd:

Judge and Pujols. 🤔 :lol:

Judge forever hurt in a contract year suddenly crushing, and the corpse of Pujols suddenly crushing a decade later.

Nothin to see here. :lol:

Judge may get his pass since he's in a diff era. Not my call. Pujols should not. He's firmly within THAT era. He literally sat beside McGwire. Jack Clark sang on him same as Canseco sang on Mark. His trainer was hugely connected.
Whatever he may or may not be using, sCrubs should order a lifetime supply of it. Sorry *** franchise

Albert Pujols is definitely going to be the last ever player to hit 700 home runs. Maybe the last ever to hit 600.

Mike Trout is the only person I could see getting to 600, if he stays healthy for another decade.
Arenado - 298 and Machado - 281 could possibly hit 600. They’re same age as Trout and prob have the same amount of years left. Harper could too. He’s at 284 and two years younger than all those guys. We’re going to have to see how Trout’s back holds up over time.

I don’t think any of the current players hit 600 hr but a pitcher winning 300 games will take even longer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom