2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

A shop had em? Been looking for a 10 for retail :frown:
No, found out a buddy purchased my size when he was really a 1/2 size up (never understand not buying your size and suffering even a little tightness just because you like a particular release). He ended up getting a pair in his true size and he kept the pair in my size ds. He decided he didn't want the pair that was smaller, so he sold them to me at retail plus tax.

$265 for a Tiffany Pre-Order shipped. Not bad.

Not bad? You serious?

I'm not saying you're gonna be able to pay box but already looking to pay close to 3 times box is why these resellers are thriving. I'm sure most shops will charge more heck I'm willing to give my local up to $150 for a pair but anything over that no way.

I could consider spending $150-250 on a shoe that seriously limited or a shoe I really wanted but idk how people can spend twice as much box price for a pre-order. I guess it should "guarantee" you the shoe but maybe I could justify the price if you got the shoe in-hand before release day. Plus, how does anyone know if these "pre-orders" are even legit and not some Chinese variant bought from taobao or something?

Last edited:
hard to imagine how someone would move from Nike SB Dunks to Jordan and say it wasnt due to the hype... clearly a SB dunk is better then any of these retro Jordans recently released, quality and price wise. you can argue and say the creativity factor "fell off" but JB isnt creative... they use garbage materials and all they do is alter the CW
I switched bc Jordan materials are terrible these days and the shoes are impossible to get. I enjoy copping SBs bc I can get them. There is a pay off for searching usually.

I still buy everything lol, Js, SB, NSW, air max, NB, Saucony, Asics, etc. Copped about 80 pairs in 2013 and I'm on my 5th or 6th pair so far in 2014....RIP to my wallet :smh:

NikeDC just tweeted

@NikeDC: Make the streets your playground. @nikesb has landed at Nike Georgetown. http://t.co/JFoAbOZUTu

m.twitter.com/NikeDC

I know it has been discussed at length on how Nike SB expanding could be a good or bad thing. I personally feel like SBs are hard to come by in the DMV area, but that could just be me... I know we have few spots but the area is really big on Foams, Js, and Nike Basketball.

Last edited:
Its funny how many people try and be resellers.. I just had a kid try and bring jordan 10's into my pawn shop, that released within the last 2weeks.. Wish someone would bring size 12 sb's in..

I switched bc Jordan materials are terrible these days and the shoes are impossible to get. I enjoy copping SBs bc I can get them. There is a pay off for searching usually.
yup especially GRs you can find nice pairs for about 40% off if you wait about a month after release even some QS at discount prices

Quality is easily some of the best nike has done on SB in a while

I still buy everything also, Sb's are the main thing i buy since its usually much cheaper and dunks are IMO the best shoe next to the Jordan 1 (my favorite of Jordans)

Not a big lace swap guy, but I do like the gold laces in the YOTH. I can understand why people may not like it tho. Looks good to me and breaks up the red.
Blasphemy!  I don't even know you anymore.

49er colors for the YOTH with UCS lace swap? 

Based Bill Walsh will be pleased with my decision. 
laugh.gif

The tiffany high,what the,skunks,osaka,three bears all my top favs
Your posts never surprise me.

BP WoF 2 = June 

Lol, more *******.
Since we are on the WOF 2 i actually like them a lot

The Fiance and my self ...

She rocking her Buck SB and my self in the BP Walk of fame !

Staying strong 10 years and just got engaged in December she been with me since 2004 so she has been around for all the sneakers phases
smile.gif
when everyone jumped from sb's to Js we had to stay with sb's for sure !

Congrats boss!

2013 was my year because I have or had all those (traded the Concords for mia)
After owning over 100 pairs of Nike Dunks back in the days, OG Tiffs included & selling them all.... (Old heads on NT should remember I uploaded plenty of them on here.)

Biggest regret of my sneaker buying life.
mean.gif

Anyway, I said I would never buy another pair of Dunks.

I've been fighting the urge for a couple years But what the hell. I think it's time.
It is definitely a buyer's market at the moment.  Great for the consumer.

HA...

this thread is indestructible
i may have to eat those words...

the hell is going on in here?

sick.gif
Yeah, some folks are doing way too much.
What made SB fall off? I'd like to hear this because people rocking fuzzy bear Dunks was the epitome of people just buying for hype
laugh.gif

I hope this thread doesn't make anyone look foolish...
http://niketalk.com/t/228442/what-happened-to-nike-sb
Everyone has a right to their opinion, but no one seems to give legit reasons why they feel it fell off.  Sales?  Quality?  Comfort? Colorways?  Hype?  The quality control and shape of most Nikes as a whole has taken a hit since the mid 2000s.  That I will agree with, but people seem to harp on Nike SB.  The gold box era produced some of the best Dunks out there.  Most won't admit it, but the hype is indeed one of the big reasons why people feel this way as that hype is what really made this sneaker craze into more than just a niche hobby for many casual shoe buyers.  Well before the Space Jam and Concord retro Jordans.  The brand continues to grow and is one of the few Nike lines which actually gives you your money's worth.  Pick and choose what you like/don't like and keep it moving.  I'd argue that there are several recent dunks that can stand up to pairs from yesteryear.  Give it a few years, shoes that are easily accessible for $60ish will become everyone's grail once they dry up.  Tis the nature of the hobby as a whole.  Just look at the Kobe line present day.
Quality is easily some of the best nike has done on SB in a while
Great news.  If these are at least WPF quality, I will be a happy camper.

I could consider spending $150-250 on a shoe that seriously limited or a shoe I really wanted but idk how people can spend twice as much box price for a pre-order. I guess it should "guarantee" you the shoe but maybe I could justify the price if you got the shoe in-hand before release day. Plus, how does anyone know if these "pre-orders" are even legit and not some Chinese variant bought from taobao or something?
To be honest, it's real hard to trust any preorder unless they are well recognized. Not only have I heard of b-grades or variants being sold, a buddy of mine preordered 11s and ended up with a fake pair. I'm not saying that link isn't legit, but with all the hype everyone is trying to take advantage of others. I've been in the sb game for a while and I know it doesn't occur as much as jb, but I would be cautious to any preorder that isnt coming from a credible source.

Back
Top Bottom