2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Still cant find those Nike Dunk High Iguana/Camo in size 11 for retail!
I found them for you for like $5 bucks over retail at 2 spots.

Links:

http://www.rif.la/show_item.php?id=64814

http://holygrailgoods.com/nike-sb/3601-nike-dunk-high-pro-sb.html

Don't know if anyone posted this yet but Primitive has the Sequoias on sale for 59.99. FSR.

Link: http://www.primitiveshoes.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=0&PID=13365

AND, for those of you STILL looking for the SPOTS, here's a shop that has them online for 139.00. I know, the price is a little high.
eyes.gif

Link: http://skatersadvocatestore.com/nik...nk-black-mtlc-platinum-cannon-noir-spot-dunk/

Well i got this guy down to 250 for the blue hyperstrike levis for a local meet up. Wondering if i shoulda tried to lower the price more

You dont want that at all they create the satires, Mavrk shoes essentially   for the Pac Suns, Zumiez etc that way Dunks and the better models stay core shops only. They have always had these models available but up until late 2012 they were designated as 6.0 but Nike merged SB and 6.0 into one division.
I should've also said "colorways" with models. I just got back into copping SBs, so I'm not familiar with most of the non-Classic Nike models (i.e. Dunks, Bruins, Blazers, etc.). And you're right, I don't want it at all!

^^ and Premier has the sequoias too- FSR for 55

Also have a FSR of the squadron blue for 65
Kicksdeals just tweeted that 3 minutes ago... You guys weren't lying about them jacking from this thread, huh? That's hella shady, especially when they don't give credit where it's due... Total BS. I don't think I've EVER seen them give props to "NT member such-and-such" for the info, or even "NT", period...

^ yup I guess we just have to accept the poaching. I honestly hate it.
Yea. I don't hate them as they are helpful at times, but they've become pretty pest-like. The way they unnecessarily hyped the McRads and BHMs was extremely irritating.

My pair of Sequoias from Martini should be here tomorrow. I give up on trying to avoid Lows.

Kicksdeals just tweeted that 3 minutes ago... You guys weren't lying about them jacking from this thread, huh? That's hella shady, especially when they don't give credit where it's due... Total BS. I don't think I've EVER seen them give props to "NT member such-and-such" for the info, or even "NT", period...
It is what it is... Crap. 

You can't expect them to be honest about it though. If they were, they'd have no business model anymore, no ads paying to be featured etc. 

^^ and Premier has the sequoias too- FSR for 55

Also have a FSR of the squadron blue for 65
I'm honestly glad that they don't. Imagine having a chunk of their followers asking questions about the latest hyped release every page lol

I think there needs to be a system in place for sharing these deals. I'm new here, so I'm guessing I wouldn't be one of the guys you'd want to share info with (yet, hopefully), but I understand. Still, I think maybe, as crappy as it would be, these deals shouldn't just be posted out in the open anymore. At least the crazier ones. Just from the week or so I've been following this thread, I've seen at least 2 or 3 deals get posted by Kicksdeals after being posted here first, so I can't even imagine how many times this has happened. Whether or not it's a new phenomenon, I think it's safe to say that it'll continue happening this way. That's what they do - search the internet for deals so they can share them with their followers (and they have a lot of them - 42,000+... 42,000+!!!!). I'm sure you guys have already discussed this at some point, so if I'm beating a dead horse, sorry. I just hate thinking that out of love for the community and wanting to help your fellow SB NT'ers out, you guys post deals when you hear about them, only to have Kicksdeals hijack that info and spread it to their 42,000 followers (still can't get over that number - and it's only gonna grow, at a fast rate I'm sure), leading to the shoes selling out before some cats on here that aren't checking the thread minute by minute miss out. That ain't gangsta...

I'm honestly glad that they don't. Imagine having a chunk of their followers asking questions about the latest hyped release every page lol
True that. It'd be 25 pages of new posts every morning instead of a couple (the amount of postings has already started growing noticeably since I started following this thread a week or so ago).

I don't really care for how the lunarlon sole looks. But its pretty nice to run on though :tongue:

Just hope they don't trash dunks but putting that sole on em. Bad enough that those lunar force 1's look turrible..

I don't really care for how the lunarlon sole looks. But its pretty nice to run on though :tongue:

Just hope they don't trash dunks but putting that sole on em. Bad enough that those lunar force 1's look turrible..

QFT.

Quote:
Now, John, I have another question; are these stores with SB accounts allowed to charge whatever they want for a shoe? Or is there a cap to how much they can jack up the price on any given shoe? Thanks for that informative post!

Well, now to answer your question Raw. (pause)

Now, the corporate answer that Nike will give you is, "We sell product (shoes, apparel, ect.) to 3rd party retailers at a certain price and once they receive that product it is owned by them. What ever they want to do with that product is their business because, again, at that point it is their property. If they choose to mark up their price it is their right to do so, because it's their prerogative."

Now, here's the REAL answer. From what I know, Nike SB doesn't really care what most skate shops charge their customers. I think that they don't care because they know MOST shops are struggling (most of the are trying to recover from getting that initial crap run of SBs when they started their SB account) and they figure if they tell them that they can't sell something at a certain price, that may keep them from getting THEIR money on time. It's crazy because I've never seen FL, FNL or FA EVER sale a Jordan over box price and get away with it. But, if you go back to my post about why most shops want online accounts it explains why they allow skate shops to mark up as well. Skate shops usually only have ONE type of consistent customer.....skateboarders. And what are skateboarders? Notoriously broke and cheap. VERY few shops even get enough customer traffic to REALLY make sales on the daily.
Personally, I don't think it makes a difference whether you skate or not. It used to be you were a "poser" if you rocked stuff that was skate oriented and didn't skate (I got a pass since my homies did... we all shared clothes and kicks so much back then, it was natural for me to rock a skate brand's shirt sometimes, a lot of times smaller brands - Buddha and Guerilla Tactics were two dope brands that come to mind...), but now, that's not the case anymore, because there IS no skate style, really. I've seen so many skaters rocking Js (which is foolish to me, unless you got a lot of bread and don't care about effing ur kicks up) and hip-hop kids rocking SBs (yeah, I know "hip-hop kids" sounds like I'm stereotyping, but I'm just using it for lack of a better word - y'all know what I'm talking about), and it's the same with clothes too. Let me know if u guys skated or not and what you think about this. Does it matter or no? Peace
If you do your history, one of the first sneakers skateboarders where skating in were AIR JORDAN 1s and 3s. Don't believe me? Here's pictures from the "Bones Brigade". Tony and Christian Hosoi handled business in them. Modern Notoriety did a really good write up on the Air Jordan 1s history in the skate world.  You should read it.

Link:  http://www.modern-notoriety.com/201...rdan-1-became-significant-in-the-skate-world/

As far as the "poser" stuff from back then, I could NEVER stand when my homies that skated used that term SO freely, they used it about as much as sneaker heads throw around "hypebeast" now. My problem with most skaters is they WANT to be viewed as outsiders, the kids that AREN'T accepted, rebels and TRULY free. But they do the most to oppress others and keep them out of their community. To me a poser is a person running around claiming to be a skateboarder that knows nothing about skating and isn't in the skate park or out hitting the streets on the daily. The "poser" is the one walking around with a skateboard but you NEVER see them practicing new tricks, looking for new people to challenge in S-K-A-T-E or trying to better their technique. THAT'S A POSER. The problem is, too many skateboarders think that they OWN skateboarding. Hell, if you look up the history of the dunk itself "The Dunk was first introduced by Nike, Inc. in 1985. As the Nike Terminator’s "fraternal twin", originally having numerous colors in most sizes (Hi-Top or Low-Top) for various Universities and Colleges. Since its reintroduction in 1998, the Dunk has transformed from a basic basketball shoe into a subculture icon and an inspiration for fashion, culture, and art." So, if we're going by history, even if I didn't hang with skaters I should be able to wear this dunk because I played basketball all my life.  Not to go on a rant, I just used to have to check my homies sometimes for using this logic to call people out.      

Quote:
Happy Easter!

John00 is the KRS-1 of this thread. Continue to drop that science, sun...

Thank you.
00'. Repped as always for the good info.

ALL OF THIS! Repped!
****** tossing though?
roll.gif

dope post by John a couple pages back, I read the entire thing twice lol
nthat.gif
Thank you. I was hoping it helped.
Football jerseys though?
mean.gif
 Tees looking ill.
Gamms look interesting. Not copping them, I just want to SEE what they'll look like in person.
Thanks for contributing to the thread.
Got em'.
Meh. BP's tactics of juicing up hype for the past couple releases and the 'changing release date' for this pair kind of killed my interest in this shoe.. I'm gonna go for em if I can get em' easily. But if the hype gets ******ed on these I'll use the e-z pass.
REPPED! Everyone knows how I feel about BP and the "hype" business they're in.

Quote:
Well i got this guy down to 250 for the blue hyperstrike levis for a local meet up. Wondering if i shoulda tried to lower the price more
That's a pretty damn good deal there.
...and there goes Kicks Deals posting the deal from this thread on the Sequoias.
laugh.gif
I can't believe they posted them that FAST off of us. The thirst is REAL.

Last edited:
I'm becoming accustomed to believe that this gif means that John00 is about to drop some good great  SERIOUS  knowledge on us and we should all just sit back and take notes. Lol. But seriously John you continue to drop gem after gem on us and for all it's worth it's much appreciated. As an Accounting and Finance double major (soon to be headed for my master's in accounting) opening a shop is always something I've thought about and people like you continue to help me with my research.

On a separate note: Had to UnDS my Piggies today, amazing shoe and I would actually double up if I had the chance. 
pimp.gif
 Turned so many head since everyone was in dark colors for some reason.

My man john00,

I remember when i used to skate ive seen it numerous times all the locals of the shop (which skated) always used to get box price on qs's.. these were also the same dudes that literally spent every minute off board sitting on the couches in the shop and helping out. I was even lucky enough to have a put aside for me from time to time, and Ive even seen these people hold out on dudes who arent skaters, lieing about sizes etc... (this is also a shop which isnt around anymore) 

In regard to in regard to the jordan 1's, this is an old video from the berrics but nick diamond, talks about skating the jordan 1 back in the day along with mike carroll and some others, 

http://theberrics.com/foot-notes/nick-diamond-tershay-part-1.html

Aswell Birches and anthracites for box price

http://www.buyskateshoes.com/search.aspx

Last edited:
I thought that there were no sz 13s made in the MsRads...but DJ Clark Kent has them on his Instagram....

Back
Top Bottom