2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I feel you on the shipping, but I have been looking around, and most places charge somewhere between 8-12 bucks for shipping.  I use that little bit of info to rationalize me ordering from blitz when it's a pair that I really want.  I did email them and suggested that perhaps they could make shipping free if a set amount was spent on the site, but I'm not holding my breath on that idea!

Hey, thanks for the informative answer. After reading your explanation about how these stores are forced a la Diddy (take that, take that) to take stuff they don't even want (and most likely can't sell), I can see why these stores would mark up the only product they can sell. $10 to $20 mark-ups aren't so bad; I'm more thinking about charging double for a shoe or something crazy like that. Since I'm just getting back into the SB game after a several-year hiatus, I don't know if that's ever happened, but with seeing stores sell the Yeezy 2 for literally twice the box price, I'm guessing it has. As far as the basketball shoe's history with skating, I already knew about the Bones Brigade and other skaters rocking out in early-model Js. Take it a step further with the Chuck Taylor, one of the all-time "skater" shoes ever; that was one of the original basketball shoes. However, I was talking about Hip-Hop and Skateboarding meshing, not b-ball shoes and skating. It's all good though. I agree with you on the whole poser thing. I was just kinda wanting to see what other people thought about it, so I appreciate you taking the time out to answer. I'm 30 years old and have been in love with sneakers since I was in grade schoo so I was wondering "Why is this guy trying to tell me about the History of Dunks? Like I don't know they were a basketball shoe...", but then I realized, with these youngsters out here growing up when SBs first were created (which was also a time period where the "plain old" Dunk wasn't nearly as popular, if I'm not mistaken - not an expert, admittedly), it's very likely that they don't know that, which is kind of a sad thing. Man, I feel old...

Hip hop and skate culture are two orbits that have been closer at times and further at times. And, some of it is regional... even hyper regional.

I'm a few years older than you and I grew up my entire life in NYC. On a mainstream level, it seems like skating has been as close to hip hop as it has ever been in recent years. There was a major gulf during the bling bling era, but the cultures overlapped as well the mid-to-late 80s. All that said, there were even smaller trends. For example, in the mid 90s, skateboarding and hip hop occupied much of the same space in a lot of areas in Manhattan - LES, etc. (The movie "Kids" does a pretty good job of capturing that.) On the other hand, in the outer boroughs, the cultures were much more separate - the Bronx, the hip hop meccas in Queens and BK - there was very little mixing of the cultures there. My "cypher" would look a lot more homogenous in my homebase than when I visited other peeps in the city.

One of the glues between the two cultures was graff, which was popular in both circles. Graff, and of course, drugs, brought the two cultures together, in my experience. But, you didn't really have much of a melding of the fashion styles as you do today - instead, you just had more coexistence. I was always a hip hop dude, and never a skater. But, I had friends who were skater style all the way. But, I never adopted that style or even integrated it into my hip hop flavor. I was rocking Polo Stadium series and Steep Techs, while my man was rocking his own style. But, there was an el, a 40, or a spraycan being freely passed between us.

Today, we see the merger of the styles more. Back then, it was more about peaceful co-existence.

At least that's how I remember.

Last edited:
Hip hop and skate culture are two orbits that have been closer at times and further at times. And, some of it is regional... even hyper regional.

I'm a few years older than you and I grew up my entire life in NYC. On a mainstream level, it seems like skating has been as close to hip hop as it has ever been in recent years. There was a major gulf during the bling bling era, but the cultures overlapped as well the mid-to-late 80s. All that said, there were even smaller trends. For example, in the mid 90s, skateboarding and hip hop occupied much of the same space in a lot of areas in Manhattan - LES, etc. (The movie "Kids" does a pretty good job of capturing that.) On the other hand, in the outer boroughs, the cultures were much more separate - the Bronx, the hip hop meccas in Queens and BK - there was very little mixing of the cultures there. My "cypher" would look a lot more homogenous in my homebase than when I visited other peeps in the city.

One of the glues between the two cultures was graff, which was popular in both circles. Graff, and of course, drugs, brought the two cultures together, in my experience. But, you didn't really have much of a melding of the fashion styles as you do today - instead, you just had more coexistence. I was always a hip hop dude, and never a skater. But, I had friends who were skater style all the way. But, I never adopted that style or even integrated it into my hip hop flavor. I was rocking Polo Stadium series and Steep Techs, while my man was rocking his own style. But, there was an el, a 40, or a spraycan being freely passed between us.

Today, we see the merger of the styles more. Back then, it was more about peaceful co-existence.

At least that's how I remember.

Awesome post FULL of knowledge! Repped!

SB Bruin to come out later this year.

....and looks like the P-Rod 7 will also come in a High version.

Not the best photo but looks interesting. Can't wait to see more pics.

**EDIT**

Just found more pics... Looks weak! :smh:

Last edited:
$15 is high for shipping? I've never shipped for less than $15 even if I was sending a package in the same state. If you ship double boxed with priority shipping from USPS it's going to be at least $15 and even higher at UPS or Fedex. I blame the illusion of free shipping for that though.

ahahahaha. 
roll.gif
 I was wondering if someone would ask. I'm double jointed from the waist down, so I can turn my legs all the way around. I turned one leg around and took a picture. Something different you know? I got mine $125 shipped from rideforever last week someone in this forum posted that deal their might still be pairs in brick&mortar stores out there but it could be difficult to find. $205 seems low compared to what I've heard thrown around but you never really know. I say if you want them and don't wanna chance it go for it.
That's crazy... lol. I'm suprised no-one asked. I was looking at it for a good 5 mins, and was like "F it, I'm just gonna say something" cuz I was beyond confused... $125 online, or at a brick n mortar? If brick n mortar, where at? That'd be amazing if I could find 'em for that, at this point. Peace

Look to much like the BHM don't ya think? With the Red toe cap, yellow swoosh even those it's different, and white midsole. I feel like they could of did more. 
I literally thought it was another mock-up of the BHM with a different sole, until I adjusted my screen a little and realized the back 2/3s of the shoe was solid black...

I feel you on the "drugs bringing people together" thing. That was one of the thing that me and my skater homies really bonded over; blunts. And music, of course. Music is what really played the biggest role in bridging the gap. This was in the summer going into 9th grade (1997 or 98). It wasn't like I was "dressing like a skater", because at that point, skaters and the underground hip hop kids (if I had to give it a name, I'd say that would be the closest thing to it; I was bumping Mobb Deep and Wu-Tang, but also the Lyricist Lounge double album and all the artists popping during that time on Rawkus and in NY) were wearing pretty much the same things, at least where I was from. No Jncos or silly tees with the cartoon gangster characters on it (if those were dope to any of y'all, no disrespect intended... different strokes for different folks); we all wore military cargos, hoodies, and tees around that time, which was why I could wear one of my homies tees or hoodies and vice versa and it wouldn't be weird. What I DIDN'T do was rock their kicks, and vice versa; I was rocking my Js while they were rocking their DCs and Etnies... I've never been a fan of Skate-specific shoes (i.e. shoes originally made specifically for skaters, not a shoe modified to meet the demands of skaters).

$15 is high for shipping? I've never shipped for less than $15 even if I was sending a package in the same state. If you ship double boxed with priority shipping from USPS it's going to be at least $15 and even higher at UPS or Fedex. I blame the illusion of free shipping for that though.
Agreed. Throw insurance and signature confirmation in there (even though a signature is required with packages insured for over $200, I still trust it and have them add signature confirmation anyways; plus, you can't track a package with the insurance-only, if I'm not mistaken), and you're hitting the mid $20s for, say, a Dunk High. A Dunk Low will be around $18 to 20, if I remember correctly. Shipping costs are a beeyatch...

ThatUncutRaw Idk where I just meant they might be out there. And yeah I thought they were a GR of the BHM but someone did make a good point: get them and beat the **** out of them. And imagine if you were high, I did that to a good friend a few years back. 

I feel you on the "drugs bringing people together" thing. That was one of the thing that me and my skater homies really bonded over; blunts. And music, of course. Music is what really played the biggest role in bridging the gap. This was in the summer going into 9th grade (1997 or 98). It wasn't like I was "dressing like a skater", because at that point, skaters and the underground hip hop kids (if I had to give it a name, I'd say that would be the closest thing to it; I was bumping Mobb Deep and Wu-Tang, but also the Lyricist Lounge double album and all the artists popping during that time on Rawkus and in NY) were wearing pretty much the same things, at least where I was from. No Jncos or silly tees with the cartoon gangster characters on it (if those were dope to any of y'all, no disrespect intended... different strokes for different folks); we all wore military cargos, hoodies, and tees around that time, which was why I could wear one of my homies tees or hoodies and vice versa and it wouldn't be weird. What I DIDN'T do was rock their kicks, and vice versa; I was rocking my Js while they were rocking their DCs and Etnies... I've never been a fan of Skate-specific shoes (i.e. shoes originally made specifically for skaters, not a shoe modified to meet the demands of skaters).
I was the complete opposite rocking Wu Wear,Mecca all the urban stuff and Skate shoes always liked Jays and Nikes but since I skated I figured I was always getting a pair of shoes I would use. Hip Hop and Skating have been close a thieves here in Philly for as long as I can remember. I got into EPMD, Gangstarr and Brand Nubian from skate videos.

I thought the Newcastles came with white and red laces?...Repped. I think they look dope with the red laces.

Edit: Maybe they came with blue laces too and I just wasn't aware, and not that you can't rock them with whatever laces you want anyhow. I didn't mean to make it sound like that. The blue looks better/makes more sense than white anyhow.

Last edited:
my trigger wants to be pulled on that size 12. SO BADLY. I copped like 13 pairs in march, 2 being Lebron X IDs. Said I wouldn't in April but this thread is so bad but so good. lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom