2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

They're pretty hard to find.

I'm occupied until late this evening, but I'll upload some stuff to Sound Cloud or something and PM you a link to download some time this week.

Don't even get me started on Mega... Have you ever heard "Going Straight Up" from the 1989 Hot Day album. ...He's still referring to himself as Mc Cor at that point, but drops raps that are way ahead of his time. He was as far ahead of his time in '89 as Lord Finesse was.

Re: Tony Touch, to me, while there were plenty of good spots on the Power Cypha 2 and 3 tapes, but the fact that he did them so quickly after the first one - which took 50 tapes to get to - weakened the idea a bit . On the original, Nine killed it with verse using all the rapper names. And, then of course, Deck leaks the Triumph verse like a year before that album drops. (Killa Sin was incredible as well - he's the most underrated Wu affiliate of all time - and single handedly saved me from regretting purchasing the first Killa Army album - his 8 or so verses were worth my $8.99... which back in that day was enough for an el, a 40, AND a pack of cigarettes!

Good memory on the Grant Hills. Yeah, that video was shot sometime in the 18 months during which Helly Hansen was popping. But, that brand remains immortalized in this vid and the "Put it on" Big L vid.

I can't even dip into the hip hop thread - I wouldn't get anything done. I probably know more about late 80s - mid 90s hip hop than I do about the sneakers from the same era. I donated most of my cassettes and records to one of my boys who collects everything. But, I still have a digital library that is absurd. One of my best friends taped literally every Stretch and Bob show from 1990 - 1998 and still has all the cassettes. Ever since the internet and youtube and all that stuff, anybody can "have joints" (just like sneakers), but there was a time when stuff like that was like having gold.

This is what my avatar is - http://www.myspace.com/gbothepro

This was the best series of mixtapes in history, IMO.

The power cypha 50 MCs tape was great, 95 Live pts. 1 and 2, The Bad Boy mixtape series was hard AF too, especially the Stretch and the S&S tapes. Clue, Cutmaster C, Ron G, Whoo Kid, and even my dude Camilo all deserve mention. But, nobody was consistently doper than Double R and G-Bo the Pro. They took blends to a whole new place.
AWGs gone mad!

Daaaaamn, that's some real dedication right there. Any way I can get a hold of this? PM Me.
IMO best mixtape of all time: DJ Premier NY Reality Check :smokin

More pics of the firework dunk low, i have some feeling that there is going to be some sort of extra feature to this dunk. Something like peel away suede that reveals some sort of graphic like in the cheech and chongs. Either way i like em, simple with a bit of pop.

Last edited:
I was interested in the firecracker joints when them teaser shots first came up. Gonna have to pass after the rest of those pics came out. I have too many d@mn black red shoes.

I see pickups of the atomic teals. Man i swear i was gonna take a break for at least a month but i'm a sucker for gum bottoms. :smh: Anyone know spots that have them yet?

While i'm at it then :smh: :smh: i might as well continue searching for the birches size 11 for the low low. Can anyone help??

More pics of the firework dunk low, i have some feeling that there is going to be some sort of extra feature to this dunk. Something like peel away suede that reveals some sort of graphic like in the cheech and chongs. Either way i like em, simple with a bit of pop.
From what I've read, you can can put the shoes on fire and once you put out the flames, the shoes will look DS again. Crazy right?
tongue.gif

Last edited:
I guess I'm in the minority because I like simple and clean colorways. I guess why it took me so long to get into SBs I've always found the older models to be too wild for me to wear. I think some of the concepts were dope but the shoes themselves were ugly.

The firecrackers had so much potential that shoe is plain as hell. Should've done that firecracker paper design on the toe or something.

Daaaaamn, that's some real dedication right there. Any way I can get a hold of this? PM Me.
IMO best mixtape of all time: DJ Premier NY Reality Check :smokin

They're on cassettes in lining the walls of my friend's basement. Most of the best freestyles have been circulated pretty widely by now, and the joints that were broken are well known. I'm sure there's some obscure stuff from Kuirous, Cella Dwellas, and the like, but most of the ill music is out there on the interconnected networks. If you need specific things, PM me and ask me and I can dig up MP3s of most of the Natural Elements features and stuff like that. ...There's a whole lot of cracking on callers though!

Alright, I'm going to clamp the hip hop talk for the sake of the thread. I'll post some sneaks late tonight or something as penance.

so my preorder for the concords fell through... anybody know of somewhere i can get them for a decent price?

Dope IMO!!!

Inspired by Slayer’s Reign In Blood album artwork, Brooklyn Projects previews its upcoming effort alongside Nike SB. Working with the Dunk High, the Los Angeles-based shop gave the shoes a brown suede treatment, with a leather swoosh, toe and side panels as well as red accents and denim heels. The shoes still don’t have a set release date but there are rumored to only have been 814 pairs produced in total.

Back
Top Bottom