2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

California Dunk High Premium SB....

The sneaker, the resllers just couldn't afford....

Found this in IG, white laces smokin

My prediction was off this time...

They are REALLY sitting and I'm deeply perplexed as to why this is the case.

I thought it would be hyped for sure. The Cali is such a classic shoe I thought people would scoop it up. Hands down.

And it seemed like alot of people did too... people who are seldom seen in thread said they were successful.

How very odd. I don't know if people aren't really buying or tons were made.

One thing that was also worth taking note... small sizes were rare so far. They sold out the fastest and a couple retailers I was sure would stock the less than 7 crowd had none.
I'm not surprised.  Probably one of the main reasons why the Cali colorway was in such in high demand in the first place back when they were lows can largely be attributed to the rise of the SB craze.  Right place, right time.  If the Calis were released for the first time in 2014, perhaps not as many people would even hold them in high regard.  Then again, the colorway itself isn't so universally liked because they're pretty Christmas-y lol. 

I over slept. Didn't bother checking. I'm very surprised these are still sitting, Might take my chances and wait for a discount.

Today...
Alison-Brie-Its-Not-You-its-Me-On-Community.gif

...I think we just have to face the fact that people just weren't diggin' them (same with the Rukus in the way that they didn't sell out immediately). Both color-ways were for us.. the TRUE fans/collectors (granted I didn't get the Rukus, but I can respect the concept).

A friend of mine (who collects Foamposites like there's no tomorrow) once said that he "needs to learn to appreciate a shoe without buying it" ...a lot of truth to that for a lot of sneakerheads. Advice we listen to? not always.

That being said, the QuarterSnacks are just a clean color-way and it does seem like SB Accounts under-estimated the shoe.. so.. I'm not surprised at all with the sales performance of recent releases.

Last edited:
Bought my pair of Cali's this morning, but I feel like I'm just "settling" for this pair for the sole reason I have not yet found the lows in my size at the price I'm comfortable with paying. Ultimately, I'd prefer the Cali dunks as a low, not a high.

People need to embrace a release like this!

Who cares if they are not limited? Honestly....

Highs over lows....im just sayin.... 

What current shoes are closest in comfort to old school nike sd dunks? Are there any?

I threw on my pee wees a few weeks ago and havent put em back in the box since. Just wondering if theres anything currently in the market that feels just *** comfortable

[/IMG]
So..um...yeah..these Beijings/Hutongs right here just arrived from Kicks-Crew. I had a moment when I opened the box. Ok, I'll try to do the 'Details, man!' review here:
The first thing that boggled my mind was the differences in the leather on each panel. Not only is each piece of leather unique on the shoe, they have different textures! I tried to zoom in on the fuzzy distressed panel to try and give an idea.
I am far from a hypebeast, but I feel we all have a common appreciation of quality here. If you are anywhere near a fence on getting these, please pole vault over it and get them. I really hope they do land here!

My prediction was off this time...

They are REALLY sitting and I'm deeply perplexed as to why this is the case.

I thought it would be hyped for sure. The Cali is such a classic shoe I thought people would scoop it up. Hands down.

And it seemed like alot of people did too... people who are seldom seen in thread said they were successful.

How very odd. I don't know if people aren't really buying or tons were made.

One thing that was also worth taking note... small sizes were rare so far. They sold out the fastest and a couple retailers I was sure would stock the less than 7 crowd had none.

Ronnie fieg dominated this morning

ended up going the premier route and paid $8 extra for shipping because spot has been taking a while to ship items. i already received shipping confirm from premier today and they're always pretty spot on with shipping out asap. also, the hand written thank you note is always a nice touch. 
smile.gif

Last edited:
laborn2fish laborn2fish congrats, fam! They look great!

I can't wait. Mine probably would have been here today too had I not had them delivered to my work (but I don't trust shoes to be delivered anywhere but my work).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom