2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I think you guys are really underestimating how much having a Nike SB logo in your window helps you survive when running a skate shop in the internet age.

The idea of a rider owned skateshop selling rider owned parts is nearly extinct.

SB pitched the brand as something that could help these shops, and it did, and now it doesn't, and shops are even worse off than before.

Last edited:
Nike SB logo in the window does bring people in for sure, but does it bring in the right people?
When I'm spending time at my shop on release days, you see a bunch of non skate people picking them up
So it's now like you are selling shoes to two different groups
Nike to non skaters (mostly) and converse/vans/huf/adidas to the skaters
Best thing to do is have stuff in store for the non skaters to pick up other than shoes (clothing)
My shop seems to do a good job of that

All this talk is making me jones for a shoe purchase

No no not at all

I'm saying Nike SB has captured and now saturated the market. 

Try being a legit sporting goods store that doesn't carry Nike products. You'll be quick out of business.

The same is happening in skateboarding, and what are shop owners to do?

If you carry their product, they'll flood your shop and run up the bill.

If you don't, you'll lose the revenue and foot traffic.

Do you guys really not see how Nike has taken over small skate shops in the exact way the skate shops feared they would through the 90s into the early 00s?

Last edited:

yo thats pretty tight man
Thanks. That tiff color is tough as HELL to make out of basic paint colors... Did a few fixups last night but this painting is all freehand so it's a little janky looking but I think it's better than it being "perfect."

#gobadgers #freemsr

I think a NSB account entails ordering a certain quantity of product from Nike on a monthly basis. It's hard to keep ordering new products when you have old product (some of these shops have 5+ year old shoes still in stock) still sitting.

Also, I don't think Nike has a buy-back program with NSB accounts like they do with major retailers (FTL, FNL, etc.).

Maybe @ATs Kicks can shed some light on this for us?

Depending on your Contract, Nike DOES make you buy New Inventory every month.
But, it just depends on the Contract that Nike made you sign, you were able to sign or just given by Nike.
3 Main Contracts, although their are others, these are the 3 Main ones:

1)You want to carry Nike SB, they will send you whatever THEY want(Everything mostly - Janoski's, Koston's, and Dunks sprinkled here and there(GR mostly, but sometimes will throw in QS, also including clothing); And takes a long while to be able to pick and choose your own.
2)You have a history of selling a large amount of inventory weekly/monthly(other brands - mostly sneaks, but they also count clothing), you had a previous contract and are STILL well established, or YOU just happen to know someone from Nike SB or someone whom you used to work with from another brand, who now works with Nike SB. You buy want you want and get to carry what you want.
3)Like the first, BUT mostly leftovers that other shops have not been successful with and Nike SB is wanting to push; This is sometimes a Testing phase for the shops.

Of course ALL Nike Contracts are very expensive and ALL Bills must be payed prior to ANY/ALL New shipments/inventory being sent out.
The bigger Shops of course are given bigger and better inventory, but some smaller established shops are also given perks - QS; although a very small quantity and normally not a full size run.
Yes, many shops get stuck with leftover inventory and have to eventually reduce and then try and sell, if THEY CAN.
We all know that not all Nike SB sells, even if it is 50% or higher off.

Nike HAS NEVER had a by back program, unlike other Sneak brands like Vans, ES, Huf, Adidas, etc...
Cons(they used to be able to send these back, prior to the Nike Merger.)
The local saying/slogan is "You bought it, You own it! No Returns!"

BUT, if you do have a Great Relationship with Nike SB and if the Inventory is still able at the Warehouse, Nike will allow you to purchase more, for example - De La's, Send Help II's, etc... Sometimes at a lower price depending on the Shops reputation.

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
anyone that has nike sb bruins,  do they fit TTS?  or should I half size up?  for dunks I usually go half a size up.  any sizing help is appreciated

congrats @Krayzsb   that shoe match is dope haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom