2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Nike Stores will be taking all my SB Dollars now simply because I know I'll be paying box price.

Sure my local charges box occasionally but I never know when that's gonna be...... I'm always going in expecting over. ( Which is the case 95% of the time)

You mean for QS tho right? Cuz he charges box on everything else.

The question is will the fact that Nikestores charge box price for QS affect skateshop prices for the same shoe? If Nike starts allocating more SBs to Santa Monica or NTLA I know I'd be more inclined to go there and save $40-50 for a popular SB

Yes. I was talking about QS. Most general releases I just snag online though. Better discounts and sometimes tax free. Lately I've been having trouble getting my size due to him having his people he hooks up which kinda puts a bad taste in my mouth since I've spent quite a bit of money in his store for a little over 5 years.

Agreed with all of this good sir!!!
For the longest time i was hoping you would never change the shoe girl katy picture. but this picture makes me laugh every time you post:lol:

:pimp: I've been missing the Katy pic... might go back to it soon...... or just wait for the next troll to come in here and let them get the spot.

slightly off topic but they're still SB's and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this colorway is pretty dope:

http://www.flatspot.com/products/nike-sb-eric-koston-se-medium-olive-black-gum

Damn nike chicago never called me back :frown: on my order of red and blacks. You think I should call first thing tomorrow?

Doesn't hurt to call back, thing is that they close earlier on Sundays so they might not have been able to get back to you yet....but doesn't hurt to try. Good luck!

slightly off topic but they're still SB's and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this colorway is pretty dope:
dope colorway, but i'll def. wait to see if I can cop on the low when martini has another 40% off sale
wink.gif

Okay, now it's time to take a break from the skate shop drops (which I AM FAR FROM DONE WITH) and drop some knowledge I got. I was talking to a Nike employee today about the fact that Nikestores were receiving allocations of Nike SBs now and on top of it, they've now begin to receive QS. I asked the employee if Nike would stop allocating SBs to skate shops in the near future? The employee said that the move to allocate Nike SB to Nikestores was all "location specific". They're not going to stop allocating to skate shops because that wouldn't be in their best interest. They understand that their CORE customer for that shoe more than likely isn't going to set foot into a Nikestore. The employee said Nike SB was tired of being under the 6.0 umbrella. SB looks at it like "hey we're skateboarders, don't clump us into all that bull*hit you have under that 6.0 sh*t." So with NSW taking SB on and noticing that the sales have risen a little recently, along with the brands popularity once again, they've decided to stock certain Nikestores where they feel it would be beneficial. For example, during the "hype" era of SB, Niketown Las Vegas had SBs on their shelves. When SB tanked, SBs were yanked from the shelves. Well now, according to the Nike employee, Niketown Las Vegas's floor is being prepared for SB to have a section once again.

Repped

John00 good info as always

As for nike stores getting sbs, i kinda like the idea. Im moving to boston in a month. I think its great that I can buy sbs at the nike town until i can get familar with a good skate shop up there. Guarenteed box price is a nice too.

I wonder if this will have negative effects on some skateshops tho. Very interesting to see how it plays out.

i was liking that nike stores are getting SB's initially. But when the hype builds to a point and people continue to camp at the stores im sure it will go downhill like other Nike products. Probably twitter RSVP's, bots and all those wonderful things will reach SB's.

I'm hoping not but thats just my take.

I think NTs getting QS SBs is a good thing for now. Great cause you'll be paying box price, which is good since most places around LA like to up their prices significantly. But I also agree that once more hyped up shoes release or more people find out about NTs carrying them, they'll take precautions with RVSPs or whatever they decide to use in the future. 

But for now, I'm glad I was able to get the red pair from NT Santa Monica at box price with the matching shirt for $140 after taxes.. beats paying that price for just the shows alone from a shop.

Personally I like the idea of Niketowns getting QS sb's now. Even though I'm from South Jersey and there's no Niketowns here (only an outlet) it gives me a better shot at getting them. It's not like everyday a person who likes skateboarding shoes walks into a Niketown, everyone usually strolls over to their local skateshops and paying box price at Niketown is always better, keeps more change in the pocket. Hopefully they don't rsvp these because that'll ruin the game even more with the bots.

Side Note: If anyone needs a size 11 Firecracker in the Red, PM me I'm just trying to help someone out who missed out

Last edited:
yeah i cant see niketowns carrying sb's turning out well. It will take away money from local shops and isnt part of the beauty of sb dunks limited accessibility?

then again, thats only in the few cities that actually have a niketown.

I'd be cool with 21 Mercer stocking them (they seem to fit there better since its a boutique style store), but niketowns no thanks

yeah i cant see niketowns carrying sb's turning out well. It will take away money from local shops and isnt part of the beauty of sb dunks limited accessibility?
then again, thats only in the few cities that actually have a niketown.
I'd be cool with 21 Mercer stocking them (they seem to fit there better since its a boutique style store), but niketowns no thanks
It fits, but Mercer is the LAST store id want to see stock anything, those crooked *****, terrible staff, and chaotic releases. But i think NIketowns carrying them is OK at this point becuase its not even all nike towns, just strategic spots, and they dont start taking orders until 48 hrs.

I said a few pages back that NT london has begun carrying SBs but they are waiting to put them on shelves. I think they are doing it next week according to the employees I talked to. Everyone mustve missed thaf post :/

Either way I like it since it is hard to cop shoes in Chicago.

Last edited:
I love to support the smaller shops, but the more options the better. I'm a generous spender if you stock what I like and I tend to toss in a few accessories just to help out. If you want to take advantage of the demand and charge over retail...peace. No need for me to continue giving you my patronage. Biggest reason why I held off on that initial wave of Firecrackers. There are very few must haves left for me. At the same time, I'm a dude who is constantly in the market for something in one way or another so me overpaying for one shoe just takes money away from an outlet steal or a deep markdown come up. Red Firecrackers alone or Red Firecrackers plus a beater shoe (Sequoias, Slate Blues, etc. for conversation sake)? I'll take door #2.

Even if that extra goes to hunting down a grail, I'm still coming out ahead. My time in this hobby has taught me one thing: set a price and stick to it. If it's a must cop, that price is obviously going to be higher, but with a shirt and tie/no casual Friday ( :smh: ) job, why drop over box for every QS if I'll only get around to wearing them a few times a year if I'm lucky...

Last edited:
I love to support the smaller shops, but the more options the better. I'm a generous spender if you stock what I like and I tend to toss in a few accessories just to help out. If you want to take advantage of the demand and charge over retail...peace. No need for me to continue giving you my patronage. Biggest reason why I held off on that initial wave of Firecrackers. There are very few must haves left for me. At the same time, I'm a dude who is constantly in the market for something in one way or another so me overpaying for one shoe just takes money away from an outlet steal or a deep markdown come up. Red Firecrackers alone or Red Firecrackers plus a beater shoe (Sequoias, Slate Blues, etc. for conversation sake)? I'll take door #2.

Even if that extra goes to hunting down a grail, I'm still coming out ahead. My time in this hobby has taught me one thing: set a price and stick to it. If it's a must cop, that price is obviously going to be higher, but with a shirt and tie/no casual Friday ( :smh: ) job, why drop over box for every QS if I'll only get around to wearing them a few times a year if I'm lucky...

I feel you on the shirt/tie no casual friday thing. I was gettin upset I was buyin almost 30 pairs of shoes a year and never being able to wear anything. Thats another reason why i rarely pay over retail, the shoe just has to be that awesome. for all the SB's ive ever bought, ive only done it for digi floral janoskis and $30 dollars over for del a soul hi's, and still havent felt like dressin up like a ninja turtle to wear those either.

Luckily some dude at my job asked the ceo if our department could wear casual every day and he said yea, so im getting more usage and im happy, but i feel your pain.

Last edited:
I feel you on the shirt/tie no casual friday thing. I was gettin upset I was buyin almost 30 pairs of shoes a year and never being able to wear anything. Thats another reason why i rarely pay over retail, the shoe just has to be that awesome. for all the SB's ive ever bought, ive only done it for digi floral janoskis and $30 dollars over for del a soul hi's, and still havent felt like dressin up like a ninja turtle to wear those either.

Luckily some dude at my job asked the ceo if our department could wear casual every day and he said yea, so im getting more usage and im happy, but i feel your pain.
I can only wear my kicks on weekends (days off), all black Vans Slip Ons is as casual as it gets on Friday and thats only because one of my managers thinks theyre "boat shoes".

Last edited:

I can only wear my kicks on weekends (days off), all black Vans Slip Ons is as casual as it gets on Friday and thats only because one of my managers thinks theyre "boat shoes".

before i was getting away with janoskis. Everyone here thinks they are boat shoes. I was wearing those exclusively and lunar cole hans.

Premier having a sale:

15% Off All Apparel - Coupon Code APPAREL15

25% Off All Apparel (on orders over $125) - Coupon Code APPAREL25

35% Off All Apparel (on orders over $200) - Coupon Code APPAREL35

--edit--

Just noticed it's TODAY ONLY (7/1)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom