2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Just the way I buy. Fire or not, if a release looks like it's going to sit and I can save myself $30 - $40 I'm going to do it.

To some folks that may be pocket change, but it makes a difference in my shoe budget.
word, a few of those 20-40 discounts and its another pair right there.  

i really dont understand why everyone is always like. " gonna wait to cop on disco" for every damm shoe.  if you like the shoe the price should not matter. nike is slowing price pointing all of us out of sbs's next 3 years they will be at jordan level and then we will all be gone prob. . point being buy what you like when you want it. sure you could save some loot, but is it really worth risking not being able to get your size just to save $20 down the road? 

It's not hard to understand, if I can get 2x the shoes for the same amount of money why would I pay retail? I'm not trying to save $20 I'm trying to save $50+

you all are some cheap bastards lol. dont get me wrong if i can grab at a discount thats great. but im sure as hell not gonna wait for one if i want something. thats just me

you all are some cheap bastards lol. dont get me wrong if i can grab at a discount thats great. but im sure as hell not gonna wait for one if i want something. thats just me
If I know that I can get something for half price in 2 months I'm waiting. Simple as that. It takes me longer than that to even get around to wearing most of my shoes.

i have plenty of self control. but if i want a pair of shoes i buy them. im by no means well off or loaded. difference is i dont buy half the trash thats put out. so when i see somehthing i like i can buy it without even a second guess

The only time I pay retail is if I don't believe something is going to sit and see a significant discount. Payed retail for HGs, Familias, and $87 for Unheardof As. And none of them sat for a significant amount of time and/or saw significant discounts. I wanted the blue moons more than any of those but waited it out bc I knew they'd sit. Finally bit at $60.

Last edited:
everything is all opinions and personal preference.  spend your money how you like. 

for me, havne't been in SB dunk game long and made some impatient decisions at times, but got pretty good at holding out for the discount.  and more picky.

with that said, homegrowns are fresh!  hoping for a discount pickup, but don't see that happening on this one lol

Read the room bro... Most spends that extra on older releases/grails ... most if not all releases are widely shipped to plenty of webstores/shops and can be found with some searching... the hunt is apart of the fun

i mean each to their own process.  if i see something i like, i'll look it over a few times and do some research til the impulsive inclination has subsided.  sbs seem to be cranked out without thought the past few years so im not grabbing every pair that has some concept im familiar with.  i jumped on the HGs because it looked to be a quality drop and i knew id be upset in a few months or years had i not, ie. peewees for me. 

quality over quantity homey. 

Read the room bro... Most spends that extra on older releases/grails ... most if not all releases are widely shipped to plenty of webstores/shops and can be found with some searching... the hunt is apart of the fun
hey man its my opinion, didnt say you had to agree. no hate from me, i just look at it different. 

you just called people who dont cop on RD cheap bastards... no hate though

roll.gif

Everything about that is corny. You packed your car up with the same Jordan's that half the world has, then drove to a park carrying shoe boxes, Then lined them up heal to toe, then set up your camera, then slowly and carefully lift up the last sneaker and place your foot underneath while gently resting the last sneaker on top of the ones youre wearing. And then doing it again with different sneakers to make a mirror effect. Cmon!! Who even thinks to do that. Straight corny IG flexin. People just looking for likes to make themselves feel good.
Spot on. 

I'm also not a big fan of posters like Sean Go, who all they do is promote their instagram on NT. 

Last edited:
I agree with Shore.
I've been buying for years.
I buy Full Price, Discount, whatever.
I see something I like, I buy it.
If I can get it cheaper later and want a double, I buy it.
To each his own, I buy what I like , no matter price.
No I'm not rich either, but I have been buying probably much longer than most of you all.
Remember, I'm in my 40s.

The way I think of my shoe buying is while most of my pair are on disco, I do support my local to keep things going. In my mind SB has to know that the majority of people are waiting for disco and that's only hurting me as the consumer in the long run.

That said, just got the Cherry Blossoms because I'm going on a trip in a couple weeks and want to stand out. I'm sure most people are gonna get them for 70 or lower, and I don't care lol.

Primitive collab making me think of 90s polo and nautical outfits....hopefully they don't drop at the same time those olympic/bombpop higs drop. 

When it comes to SBs these days, unless I absolutely love the shoe (Homegrowns for example) I wait for the price to drop because it's basically inevitable.  

Besides, I need to save money so I can drop the big bucks on the OG pairs that I've been tracking down.  I'm happy to say my wish list is getting smaller by the month.  

the problem is not how you cop or how much you pay the problem is name calling just cause others don't agree with you
hey man i didnt realize you were gonna get so butt hurt over it lol. and second if your not a cheap bastard then it should not offend you :smile:

Back
Top Bottom