2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

considered design I think is just a Nike brand environmental initiative. "eco-friendly" manufacturing, etc...

or it could be something completely different and I don't know... seen it on a variety of items though
yeah one of my blue boxes have that on there as well, forget what pair specifically. maybe the yellow curbs? idk gotta check, but still have no idea what that actually means

And I was wondering what this meant? (Considered design) none if my blue boxes say it...
"Since the 1990′s sweatshop scandals, Nike has taken the step that I wish other multi-national corporations would take; They are using their immense influence, buying power, and media control to create awareness of the importance of the environment. The project is called Considered Design. Considered Design is Nike’s commitment for production without compromise: Less production waste, utilization of environmental friendly materials, and super technical performance products. Only products that exceed the new “considered” standards will be labeled Considered Design. Nike Considered shoes were awarded product Design Excellence awards in 2006 & 2007 by ID Magazine. The first of the Nike SB line to be labeled with the “Considered Design” moniker was a very sought after pair of sneakers, the Nike Dunk High Premium SB “Gucci”." 

yeah one of my blue boxes have that on there as well, forget what pair specifically. maybe the yellow curbs? idk gotta check, but still have no idea what that actually means
I heard it means it is made with Eco friendly or recycled products.

I got some good info for you guys.

Anyone remember the info I dropped about the Civilist Nike SB store and how Nike SB would be doing build outs for certain stores, kind of like a HOH for Nike SB? Well, I was talking to a employee of my local Pacsun and in the coming months a couple of Pacsuns (including my local) within the US will be receiving Nike SB build outs equipped with HUGE FLAT screen TVs that will be playing Nike SB skate team videos 24-7. The employee also went on to say that Pacsun and Nike SB have made some type of deal (something like the Nike and Footlocker partnership, I suppose) to now give Pacsuns with build outs the ENTIRE LINE OF NIKE SB (DUNKS AND ALL!). These Pacsuns will receive EVERY QS and HS, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS.

I'm excited to see this happen. What do you guys think about this?

Anyone remember the info I dropped about the Civilist Nike SB store and how Nike SB would be doing build outs for certain stores, kind of like a HOH for Nike SB? Well, I was talking to a employee of my local Pacsun and in the coming months a couple of Pacsuns (including my local) within the US will be receiving Nike SB build outs equipped with HUGE FLAT screen TVs that will be playing Nike SB skate team videos 24-7. The employee also went on to say that Pacsun and Nike SB have made some type of deal (something like the Nike and Footlocker partnership, I suppose) to now give Pacsuns with build outs the ENTIRE LINE OF NIKE SB (DUNKS AND ALL!). These Pacsuns will receive EVERY QS and HS, NO MATTER WHAT IT IS.

That is DOPE. Should combat up charging on box price of QS from local shops too!

this has me excited

YES, been waiting for this for awhile now, I've noticed that footaction got Janoski's this weekend, I figure change would be soon. Repped by the way.

Last edited:
If true that'll be awesome and give me a lot more options

Last edited by a moderator:
If true that'll be awesome and give me a lot more options
truth. outside of metro areas, it's tough to chase the ISO releases down and this should help guys with access to a mall PS but maybe not a qs skate shop

people might hop onto SBs because they're more readily available but who would discourage that around here? a lot of the people that want to have the "exclusive stuff" are the same ones hoping that the black floral janoskis they bought early for over retail will resell someday. growing population on the SB scene would help that, folks!

Last edited:
To be honest, I could be the only one disappointed with this.  When I think of Nike SB's I think of Skateboarding and the culture that it brings in.  I feel like PacSun is not worthy of the "skating" label as much as some of the local shops.  I don't consider SB's as Jordans and I never will.  If people hop onto the Nike SB train, I hope that they would skate in the shoes, not look to sell black florals.  

Not worthy?, to each his/her own. Personally I'm stoked to be able to go to a pacsun and get qs. Too many local shop take advantage and charge wayyy over retail now. To the point I pass. I remember a shop not to far from where I am was charging 150-175 for the spacejam and concords.
Feels like nike is trying to combat resellers now by releasing more shoes like the florals and now the laney 5's. I can't wait for this pacsun nike merger

Last edited:
Not worthy?, to each his/her own. Personally I'm stoked to be able to go to a pacsun and get qs. Too many local shop take advantage and charge wayyy over retail now. To the point I pass. I remember a shop not to far from where I am was charging 150-175 for the spacejam and concords.
Feels like nike is trying to combat resellers now by releasing more shoes like the florals and now the laney 5's. I can't wait for this pacsun nike merger

To be honest, I could be the only one disappointed with this.  When I think of Nike SB's I think of Skateboarding and the culture that it brings in.  I feel like PacSun is not worthy of the "skating" label as much as some of the local shops.  I don't consider SB's as Jordans and I never will.  If people hop onto the Nike SB train, I hope that they would skate in the shoes, not look to sell black florals.  Originally Posted by airtunes  

but not every skate shop carries Nike sb & some places don't even have skate shops, I just see it as more people getting their shot for a pair

To be honest, I could be the only one disappointed with this.  When I think of Nike SB's I think of Skateboarding and the culture that it brings in.  I feel like PacSun is not worthy of the "skating" label as much as some of the local shops.  I don't consider SB's as Jordans and I never will.  If people hop onto the Nike SB train, I hope that they would skate in the shoes, not look to sell black florals.  
i feel you. i agree on buying to wear/skate

nike sells to make money. national account with this product was inevitable. if not pacsun, who?

SB line is doing a complete 180. wasnt it set out to be only available at skate shops to serve the true skaters, not mall chains like PacSun?

oh well, give me 112s and a bunch of retros and i am more than happy.

SB line is doing a complete 180. wasnt it set out to be only available at skate shops to serve the true skaters, not mall chains like PacSun?

oh well, give me 112s and a bunch of retros and i am more than happy.

Seems like the direction they may be going, cant say id be mad.

Now that they are moving to big stores like PACsun....im curious to see what possible crap they bring out after all these next few releases pass. All about the money now with the sb line. I am happy that it will be available more easily (my local PACsun don't even sell shoes sadly) but the quality and all may take a turn for the worse.

but not every skate shop carries Nike sb & some places don't even have skate shops, I just see it as more people getting their shot for a pair
I think this is the key point that some people miss, especially those of us that live around SB stores.  There are some parts of the country where PacSun *IS* the closest thing to a local skate shop (at least for clothing).  So, I'm happy for those people, who have a chance at retail drops and don't have to constantly pay an eBay premium (if they aren't hip enough to be in this thread and get the great info from John00 and the rest of you, that is).

What's up guys,

Just stopping through to drop a pic.

Classic, simple CW!

The idea of distributing SBs at places like PacSun has benefits and drawbacks. One benefit for SB heads is that because the chains will sell product at retail, it might put downward pressure on the prices at the locals who mark up the hyped releases! That said, sometimes we know that locals are forced to mark up a bit to make ends meet. Essentially, this is the same argument as any major box store coming and affecting smaller businesses. The same benefits and drawbacks apply. Both opinions have merit.

That said, sometimes we know that locals are forced to mark up a bit to make ends meet. 
this shouldn't ever be the case. it is, only because a lot of local skate shops are mismanaged. but it shouldn't.

as an owner, if your retail store can't make money selling for the suggested retail price, maybe your expenses are too high? maybe you should move to a busier location? maybe you should just get out of the business?

Back
Top Bottom