2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Sorry if someone posted pics before, but does anyone here have these on hand and has like on feet pics of them? Debating if i should get these instead of the team reds

Hope this helps. I have both, but I do like the Black Spruce ones more. :smile:

The only negative thing about SB's hitting large retailers is it definitely puts a strain on local shops. I remember talking to a dude at my local about the price hikes, he said what we don't understand is that Nike doesn't give them a choice to order what they want. So although they may get QS and HS they get left with a lot of crap that they have to pay for and nobody wants. So availability to the consumer goes up but the small businessman gets forced out of the game and appeal they help build. It doesn't bother me cause it will make it easier to get stuff, but I do feel bad for the small business owner getting sh*t on by the large corporation.

The only negative thing about SB's hitting large retailers is it definitely puts a strain on local shops. I remember talking to a dude at my local about the price hikes, he said what we don't understand is that Nike doesn't give them a choice to order what they want. So although they may get QS and HS they get left with a lot of crap that they have to pay for and nobody wants. So availability to the consumer goes up but the small businessman gets forced out of the game and appeal they help build. It doesn't bother me cause it will make it easier to get stuff, but I do feel bad for the small business owner getting sh*t on by the large corporation.
this is, word for word, the exact same thing that happened to NSW. small business accounts were closed/downgraded left and right to make room for the DTLR, city gear, villas of the world. even though those small business accounts were the ones that got nike on the feet of millions in the first place.

to anyone still playing that "support your local" violin, Nike DOES NOT CARE. it was a stunt to boost sales, they give not one damn about local vs national account. national accounts generally have one billing and shipping point, so they are in fact easier to sell to.

I'm not saying I agree, but let's not be naive. The list of things Nike cares about in no particular order:

1) dollar dollar bills

2) see 1

Last edited:

this is, word for word, the exact same thing that happened to NSW. small business accounts were closed/downgraded left and right to make room for the DTLR, city gear, villas of the world. even though those small business accounts were the ones that got nike on the feet of millions in the first place.

to anyone still playing that "support your local" violin, Nike DOES NOT CARE. it was a stunt to boost sales, they give not one damn about local vs national account. national accounts generally have one billing and shipping point, so they are in fact easier to sell to.

I'm not saying I agree, but let's not be naive. The list of things Nike cares about in no particular order:

1) dollar dollar bills

2) see 1
Yea you have a good point. Picture how Nike would have to ship their SB stock to all the small skate shops around the country. So many small cases they had to handle going to small shops all over the world. That's a lot of work. Now, picture Pac Sun and the big national accounts, which Nike only has to ship them a huge bulk of supply to their "main warehouse," then let Pac Sun or whatever national chain it is distribute the shoes themselves to their stores across the country. This eliminates a huge amount of effort from Nike themselves, in the long run saving them time and making them more money. 

Another reason Nike doesn't like to deal with these small shops / independents is cause of the money.

These shops often are late on bills / can't afford / and won't take everything.

While dealing with a major chain realtor, guess what they are going to take those team SBs / those bull **** shoes / those clothes and that check is always going to come in on time.

While these QS / Hyper releases are nice, Nikes money is made on the regular stuff.

It's a business and in businesses someone is always getting the short end of the stick.
Most stores operate on credit and they don't have much of a choice in the matter in stock. For example, if they want a Pushead 2, they have to take on a few units of the mass produced stuff just to get one unit of the Pushead. Nike's policy, while genius for them, puts a strain on independently owned stores that have a difficult time moving product to begin with.

is $175 shipped decent for DS size 12 WPFs? considering some shops charged upwards of $150 on release

I love the thought of walking into a Pacsun and copping SB Dunks. Doesn't bother me one bit...
I can't blame you as a consumer. However, when you develop strong relations with shop owners and know they depend upon this line to support themselves and their families, it's a travesty.

I can't blame you as a consumer. However, when you develop strong relations with shop owners and know they depend upon this line to support themselves and their families, it's a travesty.
Yea I can't help but feel bad for these shop owners...After that deal goes through I'm interested to see how many mom and pop shops end up shutting down because of it. Although from a logistics standpoint it will be much easier for Nike to manage accts.

Yea I can't help but feel bad for these shop owners...After that deal goes through I'm interested to see how many mom and pop shops end up shutting down because of it. Although from a logistics standpoint it will be much easier for Nike to manage accts.
I don't think its gonna be that extreme. A smaller skate shop should be diversified in its sales so that turmoil with one supplier or type of product won't completely derail their business plan. And I think that the notion that shops need to get like 10 pairs of GR to get some QS is being overblown. One of my local shops only carries about 4-5 GR dunks at any given time, and then keeps restocking the more plain and popular CWs or janoskis and kostons (and they carry a lot of other brands as well, Huf, Adidas, converse etc). But they get every big qs release.

Also, if a store like pacsun gets a lot more SBs, that doesn't mean I'll get every shoe there. My two local skate shops are close to where I work, so on weekdays that's a lot more convenient for me. But on a Saturday, being able to buzz down to a mall and not having to pay for parking (and being able to wait inside for opening, which is very nice in Seattle) is a total plus

and lastly, the consumer still steers this ship. If those of us who love their local shops want them to stick around, keep spending there. That's cool, and a great way to support shops that are unique and have roots with their community. But if they're ***** to their customers, or charge over the retail price for certain pairs, they deserve a decrease in traffic.

just my two cents. As someone who doesn't buy multiples of shoes or ever sell them or anything, its nice to have more purchasing outlets for stuff that I like.

This whole thing doesn't do me one bit of good living in Canada. There's only one local shop here that gets SBs and they barely get anything, I'd love to have ANY sort of shop get some Dunk SBs, large OR small.

I don't think its gonna be that extreme. A smaller skate shop should be diversified in its sales so that turmoil with one supplier or type of product won't completely derail their business plan. And I think that the notion that shops need to get like 10 pairs of GR to get some QS is being overblown. One of my local shops only carries about 4-5 GR dunks at any given time, and then keeps restocking the more plain and popular CWs or janoskis and kostons (and they carry a lot of other brands as well, Huf, Adidas, converse etc). But they get every big qs release.

Also, if a store like pacsun gets a lot more SBs, that doesn't mean I'll get every shoe there. My two local skate shops are close to where I work, so on weekdays that's a lot more convenient for me. But on a Saturday, being able to buzz down to a mall and not having to pay for parking (and being able to wait inside for opening, which is very nice in Seattle) is a total plus

and lastly, the consumer still steers this ship. If those of us who love their local shops want them to stick around, keep spending there. That's cool, and a great way to support shops that are unique and have roots with their community. But if they're ***** to their customers, or charge over the retail price for certain pairs, they deserve a decrease in traffic.

just my two cents. As someone who doesn't buy multiples of shoes or ever sell them or anything, its nice to have more purchasing outlets for stuff that I like.
Yea I agree it comes down to a matter of convenience for most, and maybe it won't completely derail their sales, but it will have an impact for sure. As much as I would love to support my local at the end of the day if it is less of a trip to get to a mall I'm not going out of my way to hit the skate shop up. Just seeing it from a small business owner's standpoint  it would suck to know the somewhat "exclusivity" of SB products that you sell will be widely available. Also you have to factor in that maybe someone walks into a shop to cop some kicks and they end up buying shirts/shorts as well. The # of customers will most likely drop in my opinion. 

Folks really think this move will be the end of skate shops? I find that hard to believe, but I like reading the opinions.

Folks really think this move will be the end of skate shops? I find that hard to believe, but I like reading the opinions.

I find it hard to believe as well. I'm pretty sure that you need to have been in business for a while to even get a Nike account. I know people love SB but selling SB at large stores isn't going to cause small shops to close.

I am not sure how Nike does things but a lot of the time sales at retail stores are paid for in part by the vendor. They need to clear the shelves of old product just as much as the store does...

is $175 shipped decent for DS size 12 WPFs? considering some shops charged upwards of $150 on release
are they the concepts version or the QS version? either way i don't think that's bad at all, and a steal imo if it's the concepts version

Personally I don`t care anymore where the SB line is sold. I just want them to come back with some creativity and nicnames for shoes.

Back
Top Bottom