2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

gr-challenge reds(dont own em though :smh: )
qs- tie between pushead, supremes and concepts pigs fly

Anytime, J.
Okay guys. So the Mayans got it right... The Winter Solstice started on 12-21... Life goes on.
Time to announce what your favorite GR and QS was for the year.
I'm gonna use spoiler tags because of the pics. Just do ' spoiler' and '/spoiler' inside of brackets '[]' if you want to use em.
This was a pretty good year IMO but try to keep it to just one pair of each. But I'm real curious to see what everyone else goes with. Looking forward to 2013 for sure.
I was too lazy to take my own photos of my selections cause' they're boxed up now lol. Here we go...
GR: Matte Silver/Royals

This was my go-to beater pair of dunks this year. Simple color way that went with anything. Can't tell you how many compliments I got with this pair.
QS: Premiers

Brilliant combination of materials and colors. If they applied this material/color combination with other colorways I'd be happy. Everything about this shoe is awesome. I put the carolina blue laces from Premier on my pair.
Honorable mentions: GR - challenge red's QS - nontourages
Good idea!

GR: Thunder Blue Lows!!!! They were SO slept on!

OS: Kozik/Krampus/Levis Blue Dunk Low. I know I picked 3 but I can't decide between them. The Kozik was MAD slept on! I think that when people look back they'll regret leaving that shoe on the shelf. The Krampus was just crazy materials and awesome execution coming together perfectly! The Levis Blue dunk low was just nice. Something limited that was hard to get your hands on but if you were lucky enough to get them you were happy as crap to have them.
i bought my Krampus from my local SB shop but i didnt get them for retail. i got em for like $150. arent local shops SUPPOSED to sell at retail prices?
They don't have to charge box price. Alot of shops charge over box price because they're struggling to stay open. Talk with your local about it and see if things change.

Last edited:
This dude actually ended up with the Blue Levi's lows. ..... ... so salty right now..

Koziks were one of my favorites too. Such a brilliant shoe. I almost went with those as a selection but the premiers edged em' out by a lil.

Excuse the ignorance but what are the Koziks?

These bad boys:

My only gripe is that the extra laces looked to close to the original laces on the shoe. Would have liked a different contrast option.

^ For some reason I thought those came out last year. They are dope, I've been seeing them on ebay in my size for basically retail. So you like the quality on them? Orange alternate laces would've been cool.

Can you guys give me a quick legit check on these?

Wore the Koziks yesterday.  Def a nice shoe.  I bought those after not being able to get the nontourages SMH

My fav GR are either these

Or the Guinness

^ For some reason I thought those came out last year. They are dope, I've been seeing them on ebay in my size for basically retail. So you like the quality on them? Orange alternate laces would've been cool.

Nice that they're down to retail. The guys that really wanted em' already got em' and I guess other guys just don't like the color/flight jacket theme.

Not the best quality pics for the cheech and chongs but they seem legit. I'd like to be able to make out the headband on the right shoe a lil' better tho.

Nice choice on them Guinness dunks Muzik. Haven't wore my pair out enough..

Last edited:
This dude actually ended up with the Blue Levi's lows. ..... ... so salty right now..
Koziks were one of my favorites too. Such a brilliant shoe. I almost went with those as a selection but the premiers edged em' out by a lil.
Lol, yeah man. I made moves and was able to cop them before the hype really hit.
Nice that they're down to retail. The guys that really wanted em' already got em' and I guess other guys just don't like the color/flight jacket theme.
Not the best quality pics for the cheech and chongs but they seem legit. I'd like to be able to make out the headband on the right shoe a lil' better tho.
I've seen them below retail. I remember when they were on SALE in most shops I was hitting up. SPOT had them at 30% off at one point. SMH, people kept sleeping though.

They Look Good. But I Would Get A Better Picture Of The Right Shoe To Be Safe.

Okay, here's something new. I was in my local NT the other day a saw that they had an entire section dedicated to Nike SB. I was floored! They had GRs on the shelves and had SB shirts as well as other SB clothing available. I know skate shops are in trouble and NSW has taken over SB, but how does everyone feel about Nike SB being in NTs across the nation soon? The dude that I was talking to also seemed like a former skate shop employee.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS MOVE BY NIKE SB?

(Pictures)

Last edited:
i was amazed when i went to santa monica's NT about 2 months ago and saw a SB wall, i like it personally. it's another outlet for nike to push that line and keep it going, it also gives me a place to go since nothing near me not even the outlet carries (only a few pairs of SB's) the SB line, skateshops here stick to "core" skate brands, so i approve
nthat.gif

Thanks fellas, the seller is gonna provide better pics. I think the SB section is cool, but it's a threat to local skate shops, I guess it was inevitable because Nike SB is so profitable for them. Shame I don't have a NT around me because I would like to get some shirts.

Wore the Koziks yesterday.  Def a nice shoe.  I bought those after not being able to get the nontourages SMH

My fav GR are either these
Waiting to nab those at the right price.

Those, Sequoias, Mint Highs, and those Anthracite joints are the next couple on my list.

Snagged two pairs of Venom Highs off eBay for my cousins for $90 shipped total.  SB deals are out there.

I think the Koziks were mainly slept on cuz the prerelease photos had people confused on what color they were since they were taken in different lighting.
I'm glad to have another spot to buy SB's though! 8)

I think the Koziks were mainly slept on cuz the prerelease photos had people confused on what color they were since they were taken in different lighting.
I'm glad to have another spot to buy SB's though! 8)

I find this to be true more often than not with SB's and it does prevent me from a lot of purchases, which is probably a good thing :tongue:

Rocked the Krampus dunks and t-shirt  today. Hella dope! Merry X-Mas everyone! I hope everybody had a great time!

Last edited:
Okay, here's something new. I was in my local NT the other day a saw that they had an entire section dedicated to Nike SB. I was floored! They had GRs on the shelves and had SB shirts as well as other SB clothing available. I know skate shops are in trouble and NSW has taken over SB, but how does everyone feel about Nike SB being in NTs across the nation soon? The dude that I was talking to also seemed like a former skate shop employee.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THIS MOVE BY NIKE SB?

(Pictures)
I am mixed on this. I am glad to see Janoskis, Kostons at retail because those dudes deserve to make their money. But SB for me has always been about the dunks and only being able to get them at Core shops(or the Nike outlet on occasion) and being able to support smaller local  businesses with my purchases.

I've had my eyes on Dunk Low SBs for a while now and finally decided to get one.

I do have a question though, how are these things generally cleaned? Never had to deal with suede/nubuck uppers before. Is a suede/nubuck protector a necessity?

Cheers!

So, any word on the GR release of the "when the pigs?" I saw on another forum that you could call the store(cnctps) and get them at retail. Anyone hear this?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom