2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Quote:
Hey, thanks for the informative answer. After reading your explanation about how these stores are forced a la Diddy (take that, take that) to take stuff they don't even want (and most likely can't sell), I can see why these stores would mark up the only product they can sell. $10 to $20 mark-ups aren't so bad; I'm more thinking about charging double for a shoe or something crazy like that. Since I'm just getting back into the SB game after a several-year hiatus, I don't know if that's ever happened, but with seeing stores sell the Yeezy 2 for literally twice the box price, I'm guessing it has. As far as the basketball shoe's history with skating, I already knew about the Bones Brigade and other skaters rocking out in early-model Js. Take it a step further with the Chuck Taylor, one of the all-time "skater" shoes ever; that was one of the original basketball shoes. However, I was talking about Hip-Hop and Skateboarding meshing, not b-ball shoes and skating. It's all good though. I agree with you on the whole poser thing. I was just kinda wanting to see what other people thought about it, so I appreciate you taking the time out to answer. I'm 30 years old and have been in love with sneakers since I was in grade schoo so I was wondering "Why is this guy trying to tell me about the History of Dunks? Like I don't know they were a basketball shoe...", but then I realized, with these youngsters out here growing up when SBs first were created (which was also a time period where the "plain old" Dunk wasn't nearly as popular, if I'm not mistaken - not an expert, admittedly), it's very likely that they don't know that, which is kind of a sad thing. Man, I feel old...
laugh.gif
 Yeah, when I was taking about the history of the dunk it really wasn't directed at you so much as it was a snapshot of my discussions with my skating homies back then, and what I used to tell them about the logic they were using to single people out. BIP's post probably totally answered that part of your question though. 
I was the complete opposite rocking Wu Wear,Mecca all the urban stuff and Skate shoes always liked Jays and Nikes but since I skated I figured I was always getting a pair of shoes I would use. Hip Hop and Skating have been close a thieves here in Philly for as long as I can remember. I got into EPMD, Gangstarr and Brand Nubian from skate videos.
Mecca was HUGE in my area. I was rocking Ecko and NOTHING BUT ECKO back then. Had ALL AF1 mids (and mids only) in ALL colors, I thought I was doin' it.
roll.gif
 I thought Marc Ecko was super human and Ecko clothing was killin' s**t! Damn, to see where they are now as a brand is crazy.
Size 12-13 & 9 under 3M's. Give it a try
Repped for the info!

Man, Tyler The Creators new album is CRAZY DOPE!

Anyway, new sample pictures have surfaced. Don't think anyone has posted these yet.

"Green Croc Dunk Low"

"The Nike SB Line up for 2013 is looking better by the day as more samples continue to surface, giving us a preview at what to expect come Summer and Fall. Seen here is a brand new SB  sporting Croc embossed patterns on the uppers, with White and Yellow accents. Could these be a follow up to the “Buck” Nike SB Dunk Low from the early 2000s? Let us know what you think about these upcoming Nike SB’s!" Via MN

"Palm Tree Dunk Low"

"The era of super-colorful Nike SB Dunk Low releases is likely past us, but as long as they hit us on occasion, we’re definitely open to more of multi-colored compositions alongside the great tonal GRs that have been rolled out month after month. This sample pair of the Dunk might have some sort of special designation (some guess a “Hawaii”, although a Hawaii Dunk has been done before) as it features a different tongue label – specifically a Nike SB logo below the plumes of a lush palm tree. Along with the palm tree label is a rather tropical mx of orange, minty greens, and blue, with some nice materials like suede, reptile, and perforated leather at the toe-box. Should these release in the future, we’ll have more updates, but check out the larger detail shot below and stay tuned for more." - Via SN

Thoughts?

^ Crocs look Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Not feeling those Palm trees at all.

As of right now the only release I'm really anticipating is the WOF.

Man, Tyler The Creators new album is CRAZY DOPE!

Anyway, new sample pictures have surfaced. Don't think anyone has posted these yet.

"Green Croc Dunk Low"

"The Nike SB Line up for 2013 is looking better by the day as more samples continue to surface, giving us a preview at what to expect come Summer and Fall. Seen here is a brand new SB  sporting Croc embossed patterns on the uppers, with White and Yellow accents. Could these be a follow up to the “Buck” Nike SB Dunk Low from the early 2000s? Let us know what you think about these upcoming Nike SB’s!" Via MN

"Palm Tree Dunk Low"

"The era of super-colorful Nike SB Dunk Low releases is likely past us, but as long as they hit us on occasion, we’re definitely open to more of multi-colored compositions alongside the great tonal GRs that have been rolled out month after month. This sample pair of the Dunk might have some sort of special designation (some guess a “Hawaii”, although a Hawaii Dunk has been done before) as it features a different tongue label – specifically a Nike SB logo below the plumes of a lush palm tree. Along with the palm tree label is a rather tropical mx of orange, minty greens, and blue, with some nice materials like suede, reptile, and perforated leather at the toe-box. Should these release in the future, we’ll have more updates, but check out the larger detail shot below and stay tuned for more." - Via SN

Thoughts?

I Think Both Are Pretty Dope And Will Cop If/When They Release .. Really Wanting To See More Pics

I'm kind of new to Nike SB, I was wondering if anyone can else name some online spots that sell Nike SB. I really know of PYS and Premier. There are only a couple of SB accounts in my area and by the time I get there they are pretty much sold out of my size. Any help would be appreciated. PM if necessary.

Thanks~

Dunk related pickups so far this year. Looking to see if I can get those tars for $65 :nerd:
Also trying to add the Celtics 1s to the list.
Good to know dude who shipped me two pairs of Royals with ease (still got killed with the international price and shipping but a lot less than what most are paying for it) said he'd be able to do that for other 1s this year :smokin

Last edited:
Crocs are another one I would grab had they not been lows. Ohh well
Is it too much to ask for some diversity Nike. Might as well cancel highs and mids the way you are acting
SB Bruin to come out later this year.

....and looks like the P-Rod 7 will also come in a High version.

Not the best photo but looks interesting. Can't wait to see more pics.

**EDIT**

Just found more pics... Looks weak! :smh:

To each his own because I am liking those
:smokin
Size 12-13 & 9 under 3M's. Give it a try

Damn they aint even selling my size

Last edited:
Feelin both the Crocs and the Palm Tree joints. Would probably be interested in both if/when drop.

Btw, I went to "last page" and then scrolled back a page to see the 30 or so posts I missed. Last post though was something about "feeling those Crocs"...At first I'm like 
nerd.gif
 what this post turn into?!

Even though it's a nickname, never thought I'd hear my self utter the phrase "Feelin those Crocs" <dead>! hahahha

Sb dunks are fly and the flagship of the relax look...but Nike and there hundred other styles. Make the dunks look ordinary

SB Bruin to come out later this year.

....and looks like the P-Rod 7 will also come in a High version.

Not the best photo but looks interesting. Can't wait to see more pics.

**EDIT**

Just found more pics... Looks weak!
mean.gif
Im actually feeling these prod 7 his but I think the lows have a cleaner look. I'm curious with that all black prod 7 hi in that pile though.

Quote:

laugh.gif
 Yeah, when I was taking about the history of the dunk it really wasn't directed at you so much as it was a snapshot of my discussions with my skating homies back then, and what I used to tell them about the logic they were using to single people out. BIP's post probably totally answered that part of your question though. 

Mecca was HUGE in my area. I was rocking Ecko and NOTHING BUT ECKO back then. Had ALL AF1 mids (and mids only) in ALL colors, I thought I was doin' it.
roll.gif
 I thought Marc Ecko was super human and Ecko clothing was killin' s**t! Damn, to see where they are now as a brand is crazy.

Repped for the info!
Oh man Ecko as well. The sweatshirts with the big rhino logo that was made out of like shaggy carpet material that was def part of the uniform.

I still swing by the Ecko store once in awhile got some great deals on really classic pieces Varsity jackets and some of the reissue tees.

and also #Wolf all day that album has been on repeat in the car and iPod.

The SPoT version of the Lance Mountain SB (special box and packaging) are available on SPoT , for $150 shipped. http://skateparkoftampa.com/product...nce_Mountain_20_Year_Dunk_Low_Shoes/&CID=4617

You have to right-click the size you want and "Open In Another Tab". The Shoe will be in your cart once the new page loads. I'm surprised you guys weren't the ones Kicksdeals jacked their info from

EDIT: BTW, wasn't trying to jack Osyrhiz's idea or anything by posting the link. I didn't see it up, so I figured I'd post it for y'all. I too feel like a lot of people probably didn't realize it was the actual SPoT version of 'em. It took me a minute to make the connection between the price and the fact it was on SPoT's website, lol. Luckily I was able to score a pack for myself as well. I, too, am a fan of collectors items. As I'm building from scratch again, it'll be a nice piece to help lay the foundation of my new SB collection...

Last edited:
Hate to drop 150 on the spots but my local wanted 130 plus tax for the "regular" version. Ill just rock these and carry the box around so everyone knows at least the box is limited. Lol

roll.gif
Mecca was big in my area, if I remember correctly, mainly with the African-American kids; idk, maybe subconsciously us non-black kids didn't feel right rocking a shirt that said "Mecca" on it (at this age, I wouldn't give a F, as long as I liked it, but alas, this was back in my high-school days). ECKO, on another hand, was HUGE ("was" being the key word)...

Does anyone have any information about the SB low concords that are coming out this month?!?!?! :nerd:

Last edited:
Hate to drop 150 on the spots but my local wanted 130 plus tax for the "regular" version. Ill just rock these and carry the box around so everyone knows at least the box is limited. Lol
If you're not into collectors items and limited edition things like commemorative boxes and packaging, it's probably so ridiculous to you to pay extra for a different box and whatever little accessories that version comes with (if any). But for someone that does appreciate things like that, it'd probably be worth it to them to pay $20 extra for that special stuff. Growing up as a comic book fan and just a fan of limited edition items (I remember the different versions they were putting out for the "Superman is Dead" series with Doomsday; getting that black bag version with the armband was the coolest thing in the world to me...), I didn't mind paying the extra money for the special version. I can keep that one on ice and rock my other QS pair. The QS and SPoT edition are identical (if I'm not mistaken), so people aren't buying these to brag or show off; they're probably buying it for the reason I mentioned above. Peace.

Mecca was HUGE in my area. I was rocking Ecko and NOTHING BUT ECKO back then. Had ALL AF1 mids (and mids only) in ALL colors, I thought I was doin' it. :rofl:  I thought Marc Ecko was super human and Ecko clothing was killin' s**t! Damn, to see where they are now as a brand is crazy.
Mecca was big in my area, if I remember correctly, mainly with the African-American kids; idk, maybe subconsciously us non-black kids didn't feel right rocking a shirt that said "Mecca" on it (at this age, I wouldn't give a F, as long as I liked it, but alas, this was back in my high-school days). ECKO, on another hand, was HUGE ("was" being the key word)...
lol, I used to rock Mecca hard.

Does anyone have any information about the SB low concords that are coming out this month?!?!?! :nerd:
...it begins :lol:

Back
Top Bottom