2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Okay, let's get things started. Keep in mind that your response doesn't have to be 4 pages long, just give a pretty detailed answer though so we'll understand where you're coming from. I'll start this off pretty light. Lets discuss.

Question #1: What is the one moment where you were SO disgusted or discouraged with the "sneaker game" that it made you think about leaving the game totally and never looking back?

Question #2: In your eyes, what is the ONE (or top 3) most overrated Nike SB to have ever been released?

Last edited:
#1 . My moment would have to be when kids were gettin jumped for there kicks . Even killed .. I know my cousin got jumped for his dunks I gave him ..smh. also when this whole Twitter rsvp came along just to cop an anticipated shoe release.
#2 the concord sb hype was ridiculous, by far most overrated imo.!

1) Not one specific moment, but one type of moment. anytime i hear/read about people (mostly kids) getting attacked/killed because of shoes. makes no sense to me. it's just shoes at the end of the day. it's disgusting to see lost lives based on materialistic needs.

2) Tiffanys. Beautiful shoe i must say. but not worth the resell price tag. shoes are not that limited are anything. i've seen and still see people selling beat up pairs for like $300. overrated.

1. Hearing stories of people getting jacked for kicks, people purposefully ripping others off with fakes/bgrades/variants/mislabeled auctions, and resellers copping FSRs on the low to flip. These are all things that anger me most about the game. I live my life based off of the Golden Rule, but a lot of times it really does feel like niceguys finish last. Associating with people like those in this thread, enjoying the thrill of the hunt, and keeping things in perspective (you don't need all kicks, wear what you like, and if you miss out on something just move to the next one), and being an individual all outweigh that in my opinion. That's why I'm still here. I'm getting married this year and obviously have had to make sacrifices with finances, and kicks. I understand I'll continually have to do that my whole life, especially whenever kids fit into the picture. I'm no dummy, I want my kids to have the nice upbringing I had and access to the things they need. That outweighs kicks. But I'll never, ever ,ever be fully 100% out the game. I'll be that 45 year old in the rec league game rocking some kinda 15 year old J's and leaving the gym in some SBs that we ain't even dreamed up yet. Looking awkward as hell, but loving myself..........

.......and still checking this thread daily.

2. Concords. Hands down. I only kinda wanted them. Ended up not even trying for them. The hype was unreal. The questions I saw people ask in here and on twitter, IG, etc were ridiculous. I literally feel like it made me dumber (c) Billy Madison. It pretty much ruined this thread for a week.

1. No specific moment but recently I almost sold all of my kicks and quit the "sneaker game" (i hate that term) simply because of how much money I could make/save but I decided against it because in the end I really do enjoy this hobby (I've been doin this for 10 years).

2. Personally, I think all the supreme sb's are over rated. They are def. nice designs/colorways but I just think don't think they are worth the price.

1# a moment would have to be when cops have to get involved( act all rude on top of that) because of a shoe release and stores get damaged because of thisty a** people who cant act civilized. its just a shoe, you"ll live if you didn't have luck in buying them.

2# 1. ^ those pigeons SBs are avery nice concept but I wouldn't pay what they selling for.

2. concord SBs are also nice buy the hype was way crazy..i passed just because of that.

3. any supreme shoe.. i'm not into them but people make a big deal out of them just because its supreme.

1. People getting killed for shoes. It's just material things. :smh:

1. Coming to the realization that I'm putting in just as much work grinding/networking to buy something that I might wear five times a year, as I do making a living.

2. Pigeons. Mainly because of how that release went down. Curious to see how many of those cats even cared to touch an SB Dunk before then.

Last edited:
1. Jordan XI Concords (2011), couldn't believe the amount people camping, the fighting and the riots that broke out in my area. Mind you, I was able to get the Spacejams XI (09) and the Cool greys XI(10) with NO problems or issue. Video below is what happened at the mall I was at, nothing but savages. Fast forward to the Olypmic 6's last year, I went early to the mall to secure my pair, this group of 12-13 year old thought they were cool and try to cut in front of me, almost caught a charge by throwing them out of my way (31 @ the time).....I was done with Jordans from that point. Not worth the time, effort and the foolishness.

2. Most hyped SB I gotta go with the Jordan inspired ones, Spacejams and Concords, still don't know what's the big deal, very plain IMO. Supreme joints are right behind them IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
it seems like most of our stress and issues of buying shoes comes from the Jordan scene... all of these unnecessary effort for one shoe every release makes a person want to be out of it all completely
eyes.gif

1. Obviously horrific stories about people getting killed over kicks... But something that I've personally experienced was camping for the space jam SB's at MIA and coming up empty handed. It was such a poorly executed release and I was so pissed off lol.

2. Pigeons (although i do love them), WTTs, and Skunks. Not to say I don't appreciate WTTs or skunks. As a concept they're both awesome and to hold in hand I can only imagine, but wearability wise, no so much

Ooooh, good **** john!! Some interesting stuff came up. Can I be honest?

1) I honestly started a couple years ago and am already thinking of leaving, simply because i'm disgusted at how compulsive I was becoming. I make a pretty decent living and have realized i'm spending so much money on the shoes, I can't even enjoy the fun things in life. So, I dont know if its the "sneaker game" or just coming to realization...BUT, for now, im back.

2) Red Low supremes=Fugly

No size 12 Birch's on Premier. :smh:
Sorry dude, one of them was me. However, I checked afterwards out of curiosity and I wasn't the last pair. Wish I had known you were after, I woulda PM'ed!
All good brotha, glad you found a pair.

No 13's either Sneakerfan, we strikeout again!!!
Size 13 life is rough. I can't even stress much given the way Nike SB jerked you this year.

No size 12 Birch's on Premier. :smh:
http://shop.ccs.com/product/model:113205/sku:05050206/ SIZE 12 brother and there is 20% off with free shipping! Pull the trigger!!!
Much appreciated fam. Love this thread. Typically stalk CCS, but it's been a wild week.

Nice questions of the day 00.

1. I more or less concur with what's been said already. I will never lose my love for this, but I'm reaching the point where I'd rather not be associated with today's average "sneakerhead."

2. Agree with the What the Dunk. Basura.

1. I work with kids (12-25) so I've seen some very sad moments in my career in general, I'd say the worst tho was actually this weekend when I saw a kid straight up call his dad a piece of S#IT because he wouldn't spend the night in the middle of the hood so that he could get some grapes. The kid went on to say how his dad never does stuff for him without even considering that his entire livelihood to this point has been funded by his parents. Its crazy cuz I offered the dude my connect weeks ago and just told him it would cost him a lil more (thats what the connect charges, I was taking no personal fee).

2. I personally think Dooms are overated. I even fell into the hype and bought a pair. EASILY one of the most boring SB's ever. I eventually sold them. I love my Marshall Amps ways more

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd like to know what kind of Jedi Mind trick these kids use to have their parents camp for a shoe that the said parent has to buy? Growing up my mother NEVER paid $100+ for a pair a shoes, now these kids have their parent camp for them and pay. Must be nice.

/oldmanrant

Last edited by a moderator:
Question #1: What is the one moment where you were SO disgusted or discouraged with the "sneaker game" that it made you think about leaving the game totally and never looking back?
2 instances come to my mind.....a couple years ago when there was that stabbing/killing @ the electric blue colorway foamposite release.

then 2 winters ago @ my local mall for the concord release was an absolute zoo, people were acting like animals, totally turned me off of the sneaker game for a good few months.   2 of my friends completely quit after that, it was disgusting.

Last edited:
1. That would hafta be back in '05 when hypebeast was first identified and recognized. When it started to become a hassle to cop QS and skateshops were having their own sidewalk eBay auctions for dunks I was out. Sold off my DS Js and moved on to wearing Vans, DC and Supra. Although given today's climate, back then was a cake walk. Anything was obtainable with minimal leg work save for Yeezys. And to those thinking that getting jacked for sneakers is new, people been getting mugged since the 90s for kicks. Concords I think were the most notable

2. Pigeon dunks definitely overrated. Tuxedos aka Concords super overrated and the WTD.

For my older NT heads who was the mod that pretty much i guess started NT then left because he went on to design for Adidas or reebok?

Yeah, I'd like to know what kind of Jedi Mind trick these kids use to have their parents camp for a shoe that the said parent has to buy? Growing up my mother NEVER paid $100+ for a pair a shoes, now these kids have their parent camp for them and pay. Must be nice.

/oldmanrant

Some people have it like that and some don't. But it doesn't make you less of a person whether you got $$ or poor. :smokin
I was fortunate enough for my parents to give me money so I can go out and camp for these material things that all of us linger to. Eventually I got a job and I'm able to buy shoes, pay the bills, and hook my lil bro up with gear.

Some people have it like that and some don't. But it doesn't make you less of a person whether you got $$ or poor. :smokin
I was fortunate enough for my parents to give me money so I can go out and camp for these material things that all of us linger to. Eventually I got a job and I'm able to buy shoes, pay the bills, and hook my lil bro up with gear.

I'm not questioning the person, it's just a different time I guess. I thought I would be the 'oldest' guy on the line, but turns out I was wrong.

Damn good responses and discussions being had! 
nthat.gif

As for me:

#1.) It was a combo of 2 releases that made me think that I was done with this whole thing. The Galaxy Foamposite and Concord11 release. My Gawd. The Concord release was pure chaos! I happened to end up at NTSM for them. The line became SO unruly that the store decided to do a raffle. Once that was decided and announced by the store manager, there were people STILL trying to cut in line and FIST FIGHT over raffle tickets! Raffle tickets my dude! Not a actual spot in line for a guaranteed pair. A raffle ticket! I witnessed a overgrown wannabe thug attempt to push a old sneaker head out the way to get in line. He didn't know the old man had a razor on him though, and was willing to pull it and put in work. If that kid wouldn't have let up, that old man would have cut him like a Kansas City pimp. Then when I got home, I saw all the videos of people running kids over to break into malls for the Concords. Stupid s**t! (vid in spoiler)

Kids catching Ammonia tho? 
mean.gif

The Galaxy craze was mind boggling to me. Everyone that knows me, knows that I HATE Foams. So the fact that a shoe that I knew NEVER really sold or flew off shelves before could cause this much of a stir, annoyed the f*ck out of me. I remember watching this video (spoiler) and thinking, some grown *** man has brought this kid out here and left him out here on his own for a week to get some fu*king Foamposites! Nike's marketing for this shoe was downright sinister. SMH.

Jordan Galaxies tho? 
mean.gif

#2.)   

1. Jedis - This fu*cking SB is JUST PLAIN ugly! I've never understood the hype behind it and I never will.

2. Pigeons - Not because I don't think it's a great shoe, but because Jeff Staple is whoring out this color way and concept. I've seen him use it like a BILLION times since the release of the Pigeon and I'm tired of it!

3.Concord SB - I actually like the sneaker, but come ON! What that sneaker did to this thread for a week was comical. I fear what BRED SBs will bring. 
mean.gif

1. I work with kids (12-25) so I've seen some very sad moments in my career in general, I'd say the worst tho was actually this weekend when I saw a kid straight up call his dad a piece of S#IT because he wouldn't spend the night in the middle of the hood so that he could get some grapes. The kid went on to say how his dad never does stuff for him without even considering that his entire livelihood to this point has been funded by his parents. Its crazy cuz I offered the dude my connect weeks ago and just told him it would cost him a lil more (thats what the connect charges, I was taking no personal fee).

2. I personally think Dooms are overated. I even fell into the hype and bought a pair. EASILY one of the most boring SB's ever. I eventually sold them. I love my Marshall Amps ways more
That kid needs a reality check, FAST!

The Marshall Amps are the poor man's Dooms though. What about the Dooms makes them boring to you?

togusa repped

Finally broke down and copped the low BHM.

For me personally, I like the Jedis because I'm a Star Wars fan.~

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom