2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

people need to wait and chill because prices will drop within 2 two weeks to a month or maybe a little more. 

do you really have to have the sneakers in hand at this moment?

Clearly my chances of copping at retail are slim to none... If I waited til post release I'm assuming I'd pay around the same price. If I waited til july when I get back who knows what I'd pay.

300 is 300 I ain't happy about it but eff it I got it and I'm clearly not hurting now that I spent it.

And say what u want but I've been around NT and sneaker culture for well over a decade. I've seen plenty of shoes sell for 300 or so before release date only to be doubled after.

Hell just recently dudes could've bought bred 1s for 275 from a seller on amazon like a week or two before release then got pissed on RD and after when the price soared to 350-1000 (on flight club).

Even before that I was around for galaxy foams and remember a dude selling his pre orders for 500 when. Dudes thought that was insane only to watch them soar past 1000 a week later.

Like I said I ain't happy bout the price but it is what it is. Some of u dudes are gonna sleep outside only to be charged over retail by shops if ur even lucky enough to get a pair. Let's just say I've always been too old for that.

You can't compare Galaxy Foams and Bred 1's; I give up

you are also naming the exception and not the rule when it comes to your two examples

$300 is the rule now for Tiffs not the exception but if you are happy paying $300 then it's one more pair online for other people to cop

Every single hyped Dunk has started out around $200-300 and once they all hit the market sellers can't get their money back

UCS
Civilists
Premiers
YOTHs

These will come down in price drastically once the market floods; I swear I feel like some of you feel some kind of exclusiveness by justifying the bend over price for these right now :smh:

But none of those are based on a shoe that sells for 800+

Let me ask you this - what do you think is going to happen to the market for the lows after this release? By your argument, they would have to come down too. I can't fathom a situation where we wind up with the low version of the shoe still fetching 750 - 1000, while the high version can be had for 200. ...That just doesn't pass the sniff test, ya know.

You realize your opinion is irrelevant since you clearly have no idea what you're talking about? Especially since all your posts have been relegated to hype jordan threads.

And the fact is 112s were made in far fewer numbers. But yeah I'm the idiot :rolleyes

this dude calling people an idiot needs to post pics of his current SB's because I picture it like this

Let me ask you this - what do you think is going to happen to the market for the lows after this release? By your argument, they would have to come down too. I can't fathom a situation where we wind up with the low version of the shoe still fetching 750 - 1000, while the high version can be had for 200. ...That just doesn't pass the sniff test, ya know.
It depends on whos buying.

A lot of old Sbs heads and collectors are turning their nose up at this release. Those who dont have the lows will still go after the lows at a price they see fit.

This drop will deter a lot of hypebeasts who just want something similar. so this is a consolation release. the price may drop.

That makes no sense; because the Highs release the market for the Lows comes down? What kind of backward logic is that?

If they were Lows then yes but they aren't they are a different shoe, same colorway

Last edited:
I didn't say anything about your credibility.

I said that you dissed a dude for "following" and checking you out, while simultaneously promoting your social media channels, presumably because you want people to... follow you and check you out.
It's misunderstanding. I didn't diss him for "following" me. I replied back because he said this is probably my 1st pair of SBs in which I said how would you know " are you following me" or so (more sarcasm). In no way am I promoting my IG or twitter. I have them in my banner because I interact with a lot of ppl easier  through IG easier. I rarely tweet. maybe once a day or so. I'm not on here to beef with ppl but if I'm attacked, I will react, like anyone else. I don't care about NT longevity or so. Respect is respect.

BIP homie we think alike. REPPED

The presell market can only ask but for so much Because everyone still has that hope that they will somehow cop at retail (which has already been shown that it won't happen)

Dudes in here want me to cold call shops from freaking africa, where I'm literally 6 hours ahead of you all). Just to be told no we don't have your size or no we are not taking phone orders. Hell the time, effort, and stress alone would cost me more than 300 not to mention I have no idea what it would cost to call 100 shops back home only to be told no.

300 is 300 I've spent more on shoes and obviously I've spent less. What I can say is I'll enjoy my sneaks whenever I get back, and honestly I have no doubt that even if I hate them in july when I get home I will have no problem getting a return on my investment.

That makes no sense; because the Highs release the market for the Lows comes down? What kind of backward logic is that?

If they were Lows then yes but they aren't they are a different shoe, same colorway

Right! That's what I'm saying. I DON'T think the market for the lows comes down. And, if they don't - the market for the high will just steadily creep up toward the low.

You think that the high version of the shoe selling for 800+ and the low version selling for 200 isn't some sort of incongruity?

Hell, people who are hoarding the low will headcrack on the highs just to "protect" the "exclusivity" of the Tiffany name.

Like I said, I don't think it's realistic to expect the lows to sit at 800+ and the highs to be like 225. So, if the lows ain't coming down - you scoff at that idea - that means the highs are going up!

Just my prediction.

Right! That's what I'm saying. I DON'T think the market for the lows comes down. And, if they don't - the market for the high will just steadily creep up toward the low.

You think that the high version of the shoe selling for 800+ and the low version selling for 200 isn't some sort of incongruity?

Hell, people who are hoarding the low will headcrack on the highs just to "protect" the "exclusivity" of the Tiffany name.

Like I said, I don't think it's realistic to expect the lows to sit at 800+ and the highs to be like 225. So, if the lows ain't coming down - you scoff at that idea - that means the highs are going up!

Just my prediction.

I am not even sure what you are trying to say; there is maybe; if lucky 1 pair of deadstock Tiff lows out there in each size on eBay

There will literally be hundreds of Tiff Highs on eBay within a week or so of release; I am not even sure why you are trying to compare a shoe that came in 2005 to a shoe that will have a massive drop in a few days.

Last edited:

The presell market can only ask but for so much Because everyone still has that hope that they will somehow cop at retail (which has already been shown that it won't happen)

Dudes in here want me to cold call shops from freaking africa, where I'm literally 6 hours ahead of you all). Just to be told no we don't have your size or no we are not taking phone orders. Hell the time, effort, and stress alone would cost me more than 300 not to mention I have no idea what it would cost to call 100 shops back home only to be told no.

300 is 300 I've spent more on shoes and obviously I've spent less. What I can say is I'll enjoy my sneaks whenever I get back, and honestly I have no doubt that even if I hate them in july when I get home I will have no problem getting a return on my investment.
i dunno why but i pictured some people making you call because youre 6 hours ahead like you have a 6 hour advantage. 
laugh.gif
 prob because after seeing some of the posts on here i wouldnt doubt it happening.

Last edited:

Bold alone justifies the early purchase in your situation...sad that it had to be for $300, but at least you got what you wanted. 

You can't compare Galaxy Foams and Bred 1's; I give up

you are also naming the exception and not the rule when it comes to your two examples

$300 is the rule now for Tiffs not the exception but if you are happy paying $300 then it's one more pair online for other people to cop

Your saying online but online but where? I've been into SB for literally years and I've copped online with the best of them but I'll be honest when the 112s came I got smoked. The only reason I was able to cop was because of John.

I already know it's gonna be even worse this Saturday and now I'm literally trapping off a iPhone and and Note 3 my with 3g service.

And say what u want about those shoes being the exception not the rule but look at skunks, look at red premes. Hell u can even look at RESNs.

The writing is on the wall some of u dudes just refuse to read it

BTW,

I hate being on the side of the argument that I'm on. And, I hope I'm wrong.

Further, my opinion is really just that - an opinion. I think it's an educated guess, but that's all.

Without trying to sound like a d-bag, I know a lot of people here take my opinion seriously. I don't want anybody thinking that because BIP is saying the resale will be really high, then it will be. Listen to the argument, not the messenger, and then decide what you think the future will hold and plan your course based on that.

Quote:
Yes, that is exactly why.  Hype for the 112s was "big" to people who like Dunks and the regulars in here.  This is attracting everybody.  Did this thread have this much activity when the 112s came out?  Were there 100+ posts/hour five days before release?

I am not even sure what you are trying to say; there is maybe; if lucky 1 pair of deadstock Tiff lows out there in each size on eBay

There will literally be hundreds of Tiff Highs on eBay within a week or so of release; I am not even sure why you are trying to compare a shoe that came in 2005 to a shoe that will have a massive drop in a few days.

Well - you are looking in the wrong places if you are looking on eBay, but that's another story.

I'm comparing them because these will serve as the consolation prize for a younger or less well-heeled cohort of buyers.. I'm comparing them because the existence of the 2005 pair is the only reason people care about these at all. If the 2005 pair never released and this exact shoe came out right now, it would have less thirst behind it than the 112s. How can you not consider the original in the future price predictions for these. ...That's like ignoring whether something is an OG CW when thinking about Jordans - like it's a coincidence why Royals, "Breds" and Chicagos reach a certain resale market and other iterations don't.

:smh: i bit for a possibility at $195, will still try the usual sites but just hearing people talk 30000 pairs means nothing. They will easily sell at 225 if it comes through and i still manage to cop a pair at retail.

And say what u want about those shoes being the exception not the rule but look at skunks, look at red premes. Hell u can even look at RESNs.

The writing is on the wall some of u dudes just refuse to read it

Resns can be had for $200 or less. Premes are the exception because of hype so that's like saying galaxy foams again.

I'll give you skunks. But these aren't skunks. To start the quality is faaaaaar from it. The "croc" skin is exactly like the one used on the low replicas

BIP I'm once again with u.

What's crazy is I'm actually trying to look out for some cats. I'm in africa literally so clearly this release wasn't gonna be my typical cop.

But right now there's some dude in some fly over state thinking he's gonna cold call 100 shops on Saturday and is hoping to get lucky, only to still be told "sorry we don't have your size or we are only doing in store sales". That same guy is prolly gonna end up looking online and probably cashing out somewhere in the range of 250-350 in less than a week because he really wants the shoe (not for hype either just because he really wants to wear the shoe).

That guy needs to smarten up and just consider the pre sale because 250-300 today is the same as 250-350 next week

Back
Top Bottom