2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

WOW THE AIR YEEZY RWALLY DROPPED HAHHA. I almost bought a pair. But it sold out instantly.
hypebeasts that felt amazing about the tiffs they copped yesterday online barely have 24 hours to flex before the p**** envy that is gonna develop when they see others with yeezys.

There goes the resale market on the tiffs :rofl:

That sucks, I was trying to find one of the dudes thirsty enough to trade their royals or black/reds for these that dudes were talking about. I could use a second pair of black/reds :lol:

walked into Valley Skate & Surf yesterday to enter their raffle (even though they were charging 175$, glad I didn't win) & walked out with a DS pair of Krampus for $100. The quality of the materials used on these >>>>> Tiff Hi's. Had to change up the laces cuz the thin 1's that they come with weren't cutting it IMO.
pmed

hopefully tomorrow brings a better day. just one pair all i need

Red Octobers on Ebay for 5,000+
sick.gif

Is that the norm for Yeezy's? God..

hypebeasts that felt amazing about the tiffs they copped yesterday online barely have 24 hours to flex before the p**** envy that is gonna develop when they see others with yeezys.
At least everybody and there mom won't be wearing tiffs anymore

Hypebeasts is killin the sneaker game :lol: we'll most people wont be getting the ASG or Jordan's this weekend :lol: I bet that yeezy thread slammed. Personally I don't like Kanye so I definitely wouldn't buy his over priced kicks

There goes the resale market on the tiffs
roll.gif

That sucks, I was trying to find one of the dudes thirsty enough to trade their royals or black/reds for these that dudes were talking about. I could use a second pair of black/reds
laugh.gif
hey you might be able to come up on someone selling them to  get their funds up for some yeezys lol

I usually get my shipping confirmations from Nike on Saturdays so I'm a little worried. Hopefully they're just moving a bit sl wore due to this weekend's circumstances.

Sorry to hear that you guys didn't get a pair at the store release and I hope your online orders go through.

As someone who was at the Uprise release, I'll give you some insight and clear up some misinformation. I went by Uprise in the early evening after work to peep the situation and saw 6-8 dudes lingering around the front of the shop while the store appeared to still be open and there were also a few cars with guys that were clearly camping for this release. I went back to Uprise at about 1 am and there was 10-15 cars parked near the shop. I sat in the car for a little over an hour and observed CPD go by 5 times without hitting the brakes, let alone stopping. Sometime after 2 am a group of guys got out of their cars to smoke in front of the shop and that lead a group of 15-20 guys to start lining up. I stayed in the car until I seen CPD go by 3 more times and they just slowed down to make sure no non sense was going on. My thought process was, if everyone actually arrived at 6 am that it would be chaotic and on some Wrestlemania/Royal Rumble stuff as people battled for spots in line. Plus my common sense wouldn't allow me to be that dude that followed the rules of not lining up until 6 am when there was a large group of not doing so. So I got in line and waited for a bit and then they start talking about a list of guys who had been there since 6 am Thursday, but Uprise clearly said they weren't honoring a list. After a little arguing about this list we came to an understanding that there wouldn't be any ghost camping and whoever on the list that was actually there at that present time would lineup first and others would fall behind those 15-20 people. After that was established, everyone fell in line upon arrival. I think it was a little unrealistic for people to believe that people would wait until 6 am to line up for this kind of release. I truly believe Uprise put the 6 am restriction out there because they didn't want dudes camping for days in these weather conditions and to also protect themselves from any possible liability. Plus, when 6 am arrived there was no one from Uprise or CPD to organize everyone, so with people potentially coming from the east and west direction on Milwaukee, this release would've been hell!

Most of the guys in line were real cool dudes who are hardcore SB heads that wanted the shoes to wear. I've seen some of them at previous releases. Hell, most of them were wearing SB's in 5 degree weather. Of course I would estimate 8-12 of the first 35-40 people were definitely reselling. But what can you do when they were there days before you. But everyone was cool about taking turns going to the car to warm up for a bit, passing out a gang of hand warms, going on coffee/hot chocolate runs, allowing everyone to warm up by a propane heater that was near the front. Hell, everyone was even cool about allowing people to get out of line to move their cars from 3-7 am due to the snow zone signs because streets and sanitation was definitely lurking. All in all it was a very respectful and chill camp out.

I was one of the first 25 people, so I can't speak on 40 of the 120 pairs being missing. But I can tell you for a fact that everyone in front of me only were allowed to buy one pair. And the dudes at Uprise have always been standup dudes, so I doubt there was shady stuff going on, probably more of a misunderstanding. Also, there was a guy offering $400 to everyone that purchased a pair as we exited and only saw two resellers sell to him.

On a side note, sorry for this long detailed response but I wanted to give the perspective of someone who was there earlier. Plus, how random is it that Nike tweeted the Red October Yeezy 2's link while I was editing this post....... And I was able to cop with ease without camping 8 hours lol...
Honestly it was my fault for not checking out the situation Friday night, however if I did get there early I wouldn't have gotten a pair on ndc. So regardless it was a wash. My main issue is that they said I was getting a pair and I didn't wtf. Count and give out numbers. Don't tell me I am getting a pair, and make me wait for nothing.

I am a regular there, and they know this, that's the least they could've done..

Plus I know they had to have more and kept them. I always expected that they did back door deals, but when someone confirmed this when they told me that Uprise hooked them up with a recently release (I think YOTH's) for Box plus $50 before the release date, you know they had to do this with this release. I can't blame them personally as they don't make much working there, but when you know certain people in Chicago got a ton of pairs for doing Shady stuff and others can't get one it just makes me mad.

Plus I have seen security hook up some of the other sneaker heads with more pairs above cost.

I know they only let people only get one pair in store, but you got to remember people paid others to score for them like everywhere. The people behind me only came because their friend in the front was going to pay them to get them a pair. I just wish they would've done something to help the regulars out more.

On top of it I was even going to cop the white lows but they wouldn't let anyone in the store after they said they were so call Sold Out. Now I will just cop the whites online with no tax and free shipping.

Back
Top Bottom