2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Y'all talkin bout this?

Think it'd be dope if they made whole sole part gum like the bigfoots an maybe did a different black material... Something real black... Like tumbled leather or something?

ok so you see all the time people putting AF1 soles on dunks....
So is it possible to put a dunk sole on an AF1 upper?

Has anyone seen this done? Not sure if possible with the difference in midsole shape

Y'all talkin bout this?

Think it'd be dope if they made whole sole part gum like the bigfoots an maybe did a different black material... Something real black... Like tumbled leather or something?

These look just like the Fog High's that released in the pink box era. I had a pair and gave then away to the salvation army a few years ago :x. I still regret that move to this day but hey... Hopefully I've gotten some good karma in return. Those were like plush pillows on your feet. I used to get so many compliments when I wore them.

Y'all talkin bout this?

No way. I need these just as they are. I've been waiting patiently for sb to do this exact setup. I never liked how the fogs had that grey midsole. I'm in for two so I can paint the swoosh white on one to match a pair of non-sb lows I had back in 05 and wore to pieces.

I was removing the paper stuffed into the toe box from my pair of fish ladders when I noticed how flimsy the bottom sole was. It's probably due to the clear sole, but when I do decide to wear them I'll be sure to avoid broken glass :tongue:

@NikeOtaku  im all for detail and execution, but the problem with sb [freddys] is that its too thematic.  too evident.  too flashy in concept.  its like youre wearing those kids slippers of the latest kid movie out.  like uhh, dispicable me minions head slippers.  

when sb first released, they did "inspired" shoes, and some concepts still hold true to that.  heres a good example, imo on what im talking about. i hate hunters, but i think its done well in overall concept and execution.  you know what theyre getting at, but there isnt deer antlers hanging off of them, or shot gun shells glued to the tongue.  its inspired of, not in your face.  

perhaps the conceptual idea becomes too cartoony when they specifically pick a single item or character to chase after.  maybe if they had done a thriller movie inspired shoe rather than freddy, or jason, it wouldnt be so corny.  

i think of movies in the same vein, you can have iconic movie like BATMAN, all in your face, or it can be artistically derived as in dark knight.  the eluding concept of dark knight is more cloaked in inspiration that really drives some artistic value.  i guess its just semantics but a GOAT for me isnt something that is just constructed well in detail, but has an artist value to its concept.  diff strokes for diff folks.  
The funny thing is I too am not a fan of overly done concepts. But there is just something about the execution of the Freddys that I think they did right, again I give it up to the amount of details put in. 

Difference of opinion for sure, and there is nothing wrong with that. 

The funny thing is I too am not a fan of overly done concepts. But there is just something about the execution of the Freddys that I think they did right, again I give it up to the amount of details put in. 

Difference of opinion for sure, and there is nothing wrong with that. 

Repped.

Back
Top Bottom