2024 Track and Field Thread — Olympic Year!!!

Hannah Cunliffe should've tried to represent Italy instead if she wanted to be an olympian

Jesus.. to go back to swimming, no way in hell I thought regan smith wouldn’t make the team in the 200 back

i just assumed no one would even be close to her

Sha carri won the us finals ……… she has to work on her starts …. Because she was behind by a lot after 40 and came back and chased everyone down ….. she can’t do that in the olympics

is it looking like australia might actually have the better team this olympics?

Jesus.. to go back to swimming, no way in hell I thought regan smith wouldn’t make the team in the 200 back

i just assumed no one would even be close to her

is it looking like australia might actually have the better team this olympics?

womens probably kinda easily

us is going get dusted in both free relays.. And they could while they got the favorite in the 100 breasts, the strong challengers in all 3 strokes are Australian.. then they got the 100 free pretty easily

like even regan smith and ledecky who they thought would be locks for multiple individual golds, cant bank on those.. shhh regan smith didn’t make the team in the event she woulda been the clear favorite (200 back).. and the relay they woulda been favored in, they probably even lose that

men’s us still got the strongest team.. 400-1500 frees aren’t good, but I can’t think of when they ever were.. but I doubt dressel is fully fully rested and so he’ll drop more time AND then there are maybe guys who might challenge him

like the world record holder in the 2 fly, also has a solid 100 fly but still not near dressel going 49 something

the US just needs a breatstroker who can go sub 59 OR sub 58 would be great given what they’ll get on fly from dressel and free from whomever (cause US is deep as hell at 100 free and it’s the last thing so they’ll get to see all options from 100 free individual race and all the guys who swim the 4x 100 free relay prelims and finals)

IATT IATT so its not looking like either Ledecky or Dressel will get like 6 golds they were potentially talking about huh?

IATT IATT so its not looking like either Ledecky or Dressel will get like 6 golds they were potentially talking about huh?

dressel has a strong chance at 5-7 golds

he’ll be the favorite in his 3 individual assuming he makes the 50.. so the 100 fly and 50 and 100 free

US men should win the free and medley relays.. and Simone being out of the 100 free changes things on the mixed medley, but they’ll still have a strong team but it’s working the math on what order to go men and women.. the 200 free relay, I guess we’ll see if coaches use him or how they offer it to him cause I assume they would let him swim prelims but not sure he’d get an automatic final relay spot thus saving him that morning swim

Thought we’d get a sub 44 in that 4

also assumed it’d take 44 pretty low to make it

I really wanna see what the us coaches do with the men’s 4 x 4 relays

kinda already assume what the women will do

Kerley has been running well this weekend … it’s not surprising ….. he should do the 200 as well next week

Noah lyles finishing 7th is surprising

Allison Felix finishing second was semi shocking but she always does her thing

you dont think they may put Athing Mu on the relay instead of 1 of them?

shhhhhhh they might as well put her with the hurdlers too

assuming all 3 make the team, I’d take all 3 of em over the 3 400 m girls

just like the men’s side, I would feel better trusting grant Holloway on a leg than all of them dudes

Back
Top Bottom