2024 Track and Field Thread — Olympic Year!!!

not if she ain’t the fastest American of those 3

Especially when syd and Muhammad had the fastest splits kinda easily at worlds

and mu was faster in the 4 than all of em at NCAAs, but she was faster in the 8 here
The way the USA is they would put her there just cause it’s her …. And her experience …. Whatever that means …. But that’s a good problem to have …. About 6-7 women who can dominate for 4 x 400

should sydney switch to doing the 400m flat after this olympics if she wins gold in the 400mh?
She should give it a shot …. There are some 400 h who run the 400 for speed so she can do it and if she likes it she can go forward

should sydney switch to doing the 400m flat after this olympics if she wins gold in the 400mh?

I mean she can run it.. but as her main event, id wait an see

dalilah is 31 and the only one in the convo with her

syd only being 21 is huge, plus next olympics being just 3 years away instead of 4.. so she’ll be 24 next lap around

I’d say then she could switch to the flat 4 and maybe even the 2.. although the 2 is kinda stacked.. so she’ll be 28 training full time for the 4 and had time to lower that world record

i think she can get the Olympic record in the 4 (48.35) but I don’t know about that world record (47.6).. but then again I think she can get faster in 4 hurdles still

Backtracking a lot of these races right now, and man Father Time gets everybody eventually. Seeing a gray haired Justin Gatlin pulling up and those young chicks pulling away from Allysin Felix is crazy. Basically been watching them all my life. Everybody that I grew up watching is either on the back nine of their careers, or have already moved on to their post-Olympic careers. Wallace Spearmon, Shawn Crawford, Veronica Campbell, Lauren Williams, Asafa Powell, Tyson Gay, and even David Krumenacker going further back :lol: Felix, Gatlin, and Shelly Ann Fraser are basically the last remnants of my feverish track and cross country years.

if i was SMU I'm taking the easy gold in the 400m with Naser banned rather than doing 200m with all the competition there in Gabby Thomas, DAS, SAFP, Shericka Jackson, etc.
Nah
I think she’s the favorite for the 200

She has goals …. Win 400 gold , win 200 gold …. Next olympics she wants to to the heptathlon if she enjoys the training for it ….

Christine Mboma
E5Jh_euWEAcP9r7

if i was SMU I'm taking the easy gold in the 400m with Naser banned rather than doing 200m with all the competition there in Gabby Thomas, DAS, SAFP, Shericka Jackson, etc.

easy?

I mean she should have an easy road to a medal, worst case silver.. but that 48.5 from mboma makes her the favorite, right?

whats SMU in the 200 like 4th or 5th?

This shh got me legit confused.. is this USA Olympic committee doing this?

easy?

I mean she should have an easy road to a medal, worst case silver.. but that 48.5 from mboma makes her the favorite, right?

whats SMU in the 200 like 4th or 5th?
She will medal she ain’t coming 4th or 5th if healthy

Just sad. I wonder if she smoked pot to grieve the loss of her mom?

Weed?

come on. And here we got a Nike standout/sponsored athlete (albeit white) with an uproar over pork intestine?

Hmmmm

Rumors flying that she tested positive for a banned substance at the trials and won't be able to go to the Olympics...

Really hope that's not the case man :smh:

Wow. All this over a lil weed?! :smh:
This shh got me legit confused.. is this USA Olympic committee doing this?

Marijuana is still illegal according to the world anti-doping association (WADA), This ban isn't coming from the US anti-doping association or USA track and field. It doesn't matter if a banned substance is legal in your country, marijuana is still illegal in over 100 countries around the world.

You can't have a worldwide doping association that says "well XYZ substance is legal in this country, so it's fine if those athletes from that country take it." They have established rules that all Olympic athletes must follow.

I'd imagine a lot of athletes smoke marijuana or do recreational drugs, the key is just not getting caught and not getting caught where a ban will force you to miss a competition.

Richardson chose incredibly bad timing. A 30-day ban isn't that bad, it just so happens that within the next 30 days she'll miss the biggest professional event of her life and something she trained years for. It's unfortunate.

Maybe it's because I was in the military and had to deal with random drug tests for several years but, I don't feel "sorry" for her at all. She knew the rules and she chose to risk her career at the least opportune time possible.

Last edited:
Marijuana is still illegal according to the world anti-doping association (WADA), This band isn't coming from the US anti-doping association or USA track and field. It doesn't matter if a band substance is legal in your country, marijuana is still illegal in over 100 countries around the world.

You can't have a worldwide doping association that says "well XYZ substance is legal in this country, so it's fine if those athletes from that country take it." They have established rules that all Olympic athletes must follow.

I'd imagine a lot of athletes smoke marijuana or do recreational drugs, the key is just not getting caught and not getting caught where a ban will force you to miss a competition.

Richardson chose incredibly bad timing. A 30-day band isn't that bad, it just so happens that within the next 30 days she'll miss the biggest professional event of her life something she trained years for. It's unfortunate.

Maybe it's because I was in the military and had to deal with random drug tests for several years but, I don't feel "sorry" for her at all. She knew the rules and she chose to risk her career at the least opportune time possible.
But pork intestines were fine!

Back
Top Bottom