2024 Track and Field Thread — OLYMPICS!!! - Day one this friday

Yeah I think that Richardson got too much attention too soon and it's gone to her head and maybe impacting her running.

I wish that Sydney McLaughlin got this type of attention. She just quietly goes out there and breaks a world records on a regular basis.

It's interesting that she's telling the media to be more respectful yet We all know she's going to be flaming every 15-year-old on Twitter the moment she has her phone back in her hand. She loves to talk to me when she's doing well but when she's losing she wants the media to be more respectful 🙄

Still a massive talent (You don't run one of the fastest 100m times ever by accident) but the media attention and fame seems to have gone to her head

What's her issue though? What's she specifically mad at? She's messed up in the annoying off-putting way that takes her the long way round to get the help she's yearning for.

What's her issue though? What's she specifically mad at? She's messed up in the annoying off-putting way that takes her the long way round to get the help she's yearning for.

There's nothing for her to be mad at. I think she's frustrated with her performance more than anything and she's annoyed that there are microphones in her face in general. On top of that, she doesn't take criticism well.

The media members have been more than respectful to her over the course of the event.
It's especially telling because she had no issues with the media when she was winning races. She was happy to give interviews when things were going well but now that she's not performing well it's "no comment" and "You guys need to be more respectful, stop putting cameras in my face right after a race" 🙄. Unfortunately, I think that Richardson is moving into "more famous than good" territory but it's still early in her career.

People need to remember that she's still young and she's gone through a lot over the course of the last year including some personal issues and a death in her family. Not every young athlete is as polished as Allison Felix, A thing Mo or Sydney McLaughlin.

Last edited:
I wonder if Brianna Williams regret not running for the USA instead of Jamaica now, she would've had a better chance of making top 3 at US trials
Yes and no …. Team Jamaica is hard to make … and with the Clayton twins already creating history , it will only get tougher … the us team might not have bonafide medalist but the USA team is just as hard to make

The Yardies are calling for her to fire ato boldin 😂

Sha’Carri can’t handle losing. It’s pretty funny how various women in track don’t **** with her, no matter than country, and she brought it all on herself

Keep in mind some of these sponsorship contracts are for Gear only and some have a base of under $40k if you don't hit incentives

Jacobs out of the Stockholm Diamond League

Switzerland ran 42.13 for a MR, with Kambundji on 2nd leg and Del Ponte on anchor

^ I figured it woulda been sid

I woulda assumed new balance woulda have to over pay to get her from Nike

^ I figured it woulda been sid

I woulda assumed new balance woulda have to over pay to get her from Nike

yeah haven't seen an official source yet and i really doubt its $2mil per yr base, I thought i heard NB gave Sydney $2.25/yr base, i doubt Abby got more than Sydney did from NB

Sucks where the 8 is in relation to that 4x4

But it should be up to mo.. after syd and mo you should roll the dice depending on how people are performing

Sucks where the 8 is in relation to that 4x4

But it should be up to mo.. after syd and mo you should roll the dice depending on how people are performing

I was thinking why not do the same team as tokyo except have steiner in there for felix

Back
Top Bottom