2025 NBA Draft Thread

I agree. Teams still always draft the big.

Like if the Hawks get the #1 pick i'm 1000% sure they're drafting Wiseman.

They gotta draft BPA still. This dude Collins views himself as a SG-SF-PF and they're in the running for Drummond. I still think they go with Wiseman.

They gotta draft BPA still. This dude Collins views himself as a SG-SF-PF and they're in the running for Drummond. I still think they go with Wiseman.
They need a wing that can be a legit go-to scorer to play alongside Tray. Edwards fits the bill.

With Tray's passing and Collins ability to score inside out, they really just need a C that can rim run offensively. A rim runner is not worth the #1 overall pick, especially if there is a talented wing there. Those bigs can be found in free agency.

Havent watched enough of Wiseman at all. Is he known as a defensive player? if he can switch and guard multiple positions thats already a positive. That team severely lacks defensively.

Not a fan of drafting any big unless they're clear cut #1 in the top 3 anyway anymore.

Havent watched enough of Wiseman at all. Is he known as a defensive player? if he can switch and guard multiple positions thats already a positive. That team severely lacks defensively.

Not a fan of drafting any big unless they're clear cut #1 in the top 3 anyway anymore.
He seems to have the theoretical tools, but isn't really known for his defense. For a team like the Hawks, it just doesn't make sense to draft him hoping that he just figures it out. If he's not good defensively, his role would be no different than some energy big man that you could get in free agency.

Don't really get why a team would take Wiseman over Edwards.
If yo wasnt from ATL, the Hawks would def take Wiseman over Edwards...They invested too many picks in wings the past couple drafts and they really looking for defensive/rebounding according to the talks down here

But Edwards from the city so its a lock if they get the top pick

I wouldn’t touch Wiseman with a #1 pick. He’s a lot closer to a project than being equipped to step in and anchor a franchise. Same can be said about a few of the other “top” prospects. Really weird draft. Edwards is the closest to fitting the profile of a top pick imo

I wouldn’t touch Wiseman with a #1 pick. He’s a lot closer to a project than being equipped to step in and anchor a franchise.
He seems more of a Capela-like prospect. Yes, he could certainly end up being good, like Capela is, but you would never, ever use a #1 pick on someone like that.

I get a whiff of Whiteside in Wiseman.

Low motor player that can fill up the box score.

Haven’t seen much of wiseman. How far is he off from say...a Marvin Bagley?

Edwards got the tools. He’s the safe bet at #1....and you can see him translating as a high usage lead guard. He gon struggle some with his shot selection and little things...but those can be fixed.

If wiseman has that Dwight potential then take him but I’m getting the idea that he isn’t anywhere near that

I agree with bsox in that you can get a rim protector via free agency and that it’s easier to find that than what Edwards potentially could become

Centers = new running backs = mercenaries as one reporter puts it

I'm not going to act like I know a ton about Wiseman, but I do think it is telling that we haven't heard the same kind of buzz about him as we have for even a big man prospect like Ayton or Bagley, regardless of his collegiate situation.

Edwards got the tools. He’s the safe bet at #1....and you can see him translating as a high usage lead guard. He gon struggle some with his shot selection and little things...but those can be fixed.

Bagley’s motor alone puts him ahead of Wiseman for me. Hate to go barbershop here but there’s no “dog” in him. However...he’s considerably bigger than Bagley with similar athleticism. He certainly looks the part.

Bagley is a pretty good comparison. I think Wiseman is a little more explosive/stronger though. He favors his left hand a little much too.

Back
Top Bottom