2025 NBA Draft Thread

Depends what the big plays like...If you find the rare 7 footer that can legit shoot 3’s, rebound and move his feet/protect the rim then that’s hard to pass up

Prospects rarely have all 3 tho

Man every time I put any stock into a prospect with defensive potential they always bust.

Thabeet
MKG
Noel
Wiggins
Exum
Josh Jackson (more so attitude related)
Frank Ntlikina

I havent seen Wiseman play enough, but if the media is gonna push his defensive potential then thats a red flag :lol:

Last edited:
I think you have to see some offensive potential there if you are going to draft one of these defensive guys high. If they don't have that, a high energy/effort guy can probably give you a lot of what that prospect will, and those guys can be had later in draft or for cheap in free agency.

You're drafting strictly on potential though. None of those guys were viewed as high energy role players coming out of the draft.

Especially a player like Wiggins. The defensive potential was the only reason he was drafted over Jabari who at the time was way more polished offensively. What a let down.

Kids today are getting smarter on the basketball court though. They know what to work on if they want to be noticed.

You're drafting strictly on potential though. None of those guys were viewed as high energy role players coming out of the draft.

Especially a player like Wiggins. The defensive potential was the only reason he was drafted over Jabari who at the time was way more polished offensively. What a let down.

Kids today are getting smarter on the basketball court though. They know what to work on if they want to be noticed.

MKG, thabeet, and Noel were absolutely high energy role players

Exum was playing low level basketball but he played well at the global games. Frank Niketalk was a project as a PG.

Thats what they turned out to be. During draft time, you're not drafting a high energy role player in the top 3.

As a point guard prospect, I think it comes down to if you're not great at one thing, then you should probably stay away from that player.

Nerlens was actually probably drafted in a proper position (#6) given his performance in college and what he projected to be at next level. High energy shotblocker/rim runner.

Thabeet and MKG? Nah.

Noel was suppose to go #1 if he never got hurt
I feel like he was projected that prior to the college season though. Once he was there, he was a bit underwhelming outside of the shot blocking, and the team didn't even make the NCAA tourney.

Thats what they turned out to be. During draft time, you're not drafting a high energy role player in the top 3.

As a point guard prospect, I think it comes down to if you're not great at one thing, then you should probably stay away from that player.

we must have been watching different things. Every buzz word you heard about MKG was intangibles and winning.

The Hornets definitely drafted MKG because he was a high energy defender and known as a “winner” with “good intangibles” :lol: :smh:

I peeped that bust from a mile away

Man thats because they won the 2012 NCAA championship. He actually was a huge part of that run. Melo was labeled as a "winner" too coming out.

True :lol:

I'm just saying all the "he's a winner, coachable, intangibles, makes winning plays" nonsense in college is strictly on how well your team plays in the tournament. All comes from when the nation and the media watch in March. Every scrappy defender will at one point get those labels on a winning team.

Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 7.47.27 PM.png

The Hornets definitely drafted MKG because he was a high energy defender and known as a “winner” with “good intangibles” :lol: :smh:

I peeped that bust from a mile away
If memory serves me correctly, Charlotte had one of the worse SF groups prior to drafting MKG.

At the time, I thought they were better served drafting Thomas Robinson. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom