2025 NBA Draft Thread

Sarver=Dolan
Nah, Dolan is incompetent but he ain't cheap. Sarver is a penny pincher.

Wolves problem is missing on talent more than anything. People putting way too much stock in development when you need superstars to win at a high level in this league. That's largely lucking into high picks in the lotto and having a FO that doesn't have you picking the wrong guys when you do indeed pick high. Development is definitely more on the lines of the role players, or the cases of Siakam's and Kawhi's, like pmatic pmatic pointed out.

What doesn’t add up about them not drafting well? :lol: The proof is there. They hit on LaVine and possibly Lauri and moved them. I just don’t get what you think would’ve happened if the guys who were busts were drafted elsewhere.

I believe in being drafted to the right situation. Makes or breaks a career when the opportunities and surrounding personnel aren't right.

In this upcoming draft for example, if GS drafts Wiseman the expectations are gonna be wildly different than if he's drafted by Cleveland lets say.

I believe in being drafted to the right situation. Makes or breaks a career when the opportunities and surrounding personnel aren't right.

In this upcoming draft for example, if GS drafts Wiseman the expectations are gonna be wildly different than if he's drafted by Cleveland lets say.
Uh yea, being the 4th option on a team with 2 of the best shooters ever makes expectations different than being the franchise cornerstone for a team without much talent.

But guys like Devin Booker still emerge as stars from ****** franchises. Kevin Love’s development wasn’t hurt with the T Wolves all those years. The top talent is going to be the top talent regardless.

Of course when you have 10 lotto picks you'll hit on one. Booker is gonna rot in PHX till he forces a trade. Just like the Wolves wont make the most of this DLo/KAT duo.

Bad franchises will stay bad. Poor decisions, terrible scouting (Ayton over Luka), etc. Thats a different debate though.

I still think opportunity and personnel matters as much as talent itself. Damn near every player will tell you that.

I’m not sure what those teams not having team success have to do with the stars becoming stars. If James Wiseman is going to be a star, then playing for GSW or Cleveland won’t change that. He’ll be brought along more slowly, be in a much better system, around better players and likely have better in-game coaching.

Stars just defy this logic. I think you have a point for role players and long term projects, though.

Stars gonna be stars no matter what.

Wiggins just isn’t that and it didn’t matter where he landed. He’s a 3rd/4th option.

Interested to hear your explanation as well, Moheezy Moheezy

Minny gives players a chance to shine out of necessity. From what I am seeing, players have developed because of their own "pure talent" and work ethic, not because of the coaching staff.

KAT who was a known defender coming out of college was just lost the moment he played for minny.

Wiggins stagnated after his rookie year (next year's performance with GSW will be a good case study), he's now cutting, defending and playing off-ball etc...

Rubio wasn't used correctly in Minny. Levine was pretty raw and any advancements he did was because of his own work ethic. You just don't hear of mid to late-round players developing there either as you do for the Raps and GSW.

You saw how new management arrived and they took off right? I’m not talking BD and monte warriors here. Don’t play silly man.
Ah so it had nothing to do with them being good players that were getting into their primes and naturally improving?

Ah so it had nothing to do with them being good players that were getting into their primes and naturally improving?
Exactly the FO picked the right players. I scratched my head when they signed Iggy. Guess how that worked out. Another great FO move.

Meanwhile the wolves was picking up Shabazz and the knicks have Cleanthony Early.

A friend of mine who’s a diehard UNC fan said after Cole Anthony’s first game this year that he was better than Zion. I asked him for the first time about that statement the other day and this dude STILL will not admit Zion is better than Cole :lol:

I wonder what the impact of no tourney will have on draft order. Like will it be more accurate because of no tournament to skew projections? Every year 4-5 players leap into the first round because of it.

I wonder what the impact of no tourney will have on draft order. Like will it be more accurate because of no tournament to skew projections? Every year 4-5 players leap into the first round because of it.

I hope the Knicks land Lamelo.

Back
Top Bottom