2025 NBA Draft Thread

I agree with half

If Hunter and Reddish can keep improving defensively, I don't think they needed to draft a big. They traded back for Dedmon already or they could find a big in free agency. Harder to find those versatile wing defenders who can also do stuff on offense
I think Deadman is gonna be more useful than Capela for what they want to do :lol:

“Deadman” :lol: ...Capela is needed long as he plays defense and catches lobs, Deadman would be a high level back up

Who y’all got ATL drafting tho? They could go do many ways it’s hard to call it

I can count on less than 2 fingers the amount of lottery picks the Twolves hit on. They always miss and can’t develop. Unless they land the #1 pick again, they absolutely need to stop drafting projects.

I can count on less than 2 fingers the amount of lottery picks the Twolves hit on. They always miss and can’t develop. Unless they land the #1 pick again, they absolutely need to stop drafting projects.
It should also be considered that Minnesota recently had a new front office put into place this season

Not to mention the past 6 years virtually all of their first rounders they've had they traded for Jimmy Butler...

Who are they not developing???

You'd have to go back to Shabazz

Then further back you had Williams and Wes Johnson where a lot of teams also missed out on the players in those drafts who actually turned out to be good

If you want to get on Minnesota for picking busts, that cool I guess, but at the time guys like Wes Johnson and Derrick Williams were projected right around where they got picked.

Picking Rubio AND Flynn instead of one of them and Curry was stupid.

I can't really think of dudes that didn't develop BECAUSE OF Minnesota.

Wiggins for a #1 pick is a bust as a Wolf. He goes to GS and looks better already. We all know he's gonna be a better Warrior than in Minnesota. Its a given, situation absolutely matters.

I only counted KAT and Lavine.

Lets take a look at the last 10 years of their draft picks. If they drafted, developed, scouted or traded properly (not saying it’s easy) they wouldn’t be in the lottery every year for a decade.

2010 - Wes Johnson (4)
2011 - Derrick Wiliams (2)
2013 - Trey Burke (9) - traded for Shabazz + Dieng
2014 - Lavine (13)
2015 - KAT (1)
2016 - Dunn (5)
2017 - Lauri (7) - traded for Butler
2019 - Culver (6) - in exchange for Cam Johnson and Dario

Developing is the hardest thing to do in the NBA. Unless the player has a unique mentality he wont develop properly on a garbage team year in and year out. Situation and circumstances matter 100%. Its why bad teams (Suns, Knicks, Bulls, Kings, etc etc) always stay bad.

You gotta be so damn lucky to draft a franchise changing player outside of the top 3.

More often than not you draft a player that doesnt move the needle much if at all. Salaries ofcourse come into play here, but teams are afraid to trade draft picks for proven players on draft night. Humans fear the "what if" scenario, but the draft in general is mostly a crap shoot.

I actually think the complete opposite

Really believe the situation matter for most guys

Development and the situation aren’t the same thing either.

Phoenix got killed for player development and look at what chriss, bender and josh Jackson been outside of phx.

Wiggins for a #1 pick is a bust as a Wolf. He goes to GS and looks better already. We all know he's gonna be a better Warrior than in Minnesota. Its a given, situation absolutely matters.

I only counted KAT and Lavine.

Lets take a look at the last 10 years of their draft picks. If they drafted, developed, scouted or traded properly (not saying it’s easy) they wouldn’t be in the lottery every year for a decade.

2010 - Wes Johnson (4)
2011 - Derrick Wiliams (2)
2013 - Trey Burke (9) - traded for Shabazz + Dieng
2014 - Lavine (13)
2015 - KAT (1)
2016 - Dunn (5)
2017 - Lauri (7) - traded for Butler
2019 - Culver (6) - in exchange for Cam Johnson and Dario

Developing is the hardest thing to do in the NBA. Unless the player has a unique mentality he wont develop properly on a garbage team year in and year out. Situation and circumstances matter 100%. Its why bad teams (Suns, Knicks, Bulls, Kings, etc etc) always stay bad.

You gotta be so damn lucky to draft a franchise changing player outside of the top 3.
Besides KAT, the ones listed had red flags leading up to the draft, so it shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

Wes Johnson, Kriss Dunn and Shabazz Muhammad were older prospects dominating 18-19 year olds in college. I thought Derrick Williams was going to be good, but then he insisted on being a small forward. :smh:

More often than not you draft a player that doesnt move the needle much if at all. Salaries ofcourse come into play here, but teams are afraid to trade draft picks for proven players on draft night. Humans fear the "what if" scenario, but the draft in general is mostly a crap shoot.
Who you want Minnesota to draft if they keep their pick and which prospects aren't projects

Wiggins looks EXACTLY the same in his few games for GSW as he had for MIN and the numbers show it too.

He isn't going to have remotely the same role in GSW next year as he had for MIN and like he has right now. He's going to be a 3rd/4th option instead of a 1st/2nd. Apples and oranges.

Who you want Minnesota to draft if they keep their pick and which prospects aren't projects
Edwards would probably be the best case scenario. If he's off the board, I'd take Toppin. I know what I'm getting with him. Don't care if it's a reach. DLo just turned 24 and KAT is turning 25 this year. I don't see how you can afford to wait on a guy like Avdija or Okoro. Toppin can come in and complement DLo and KAT offensively right away.

Sucks for them that this draft class is what it is. They don't need a PG (not sure any of them will be SPECIAL anyways) and KAT should be playing the 5, so I don't really think they need Wiseman unless they can flip him to someone for a wing. Don't know who is necessarily doing that these days in the league though.

So A 4th option on steroids? That’s really your argument right now? Barnes was basically a spot up shooter for them.

This line of thinkin led them to draft “nba ready” dudes like Dunn and Williams tho :lol: , its some more of these kinda cats they took that’s been listed in here already ...And if they take somebody like Toppin you can add yo to the list in a few years too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom