2025 NBA Draft Thread

Hard to call this tunnel vision when his "open" team mates had gone like 2-30 from 3. :lol:

RJ is their only other player besides Zion you can count on each game. Redish is as inconsistent as it gets, Tre Jones is straight garbage and the rest of the team blows.

I always find it funny when people say he’s got an NBA body. Forget all the wingspan/length measurements for a second. Most of the time that’s pointless. From a basketball perspective Cam is no where near a top 5 pick. He’s just not as good as people want him to be.

Washed Wes Matthews.

I’m just saying it works both ways. Plenty of people got drafted based on length/wingspan who are just not good at all. People tend to fall in love with measurements or the “NBA body” argument. Sure they play a part, but way too much emphasis is put on that.

There is none. I caught that in the mock too. Man’s got Ash Hagans over Coby. Lulz.

For me, at point it’s Morant 1A and Garland 1B. White after that.

Edit:
Post-injury, is it wild for me to still consider Garland over Ja?
What does Coby do well?

I see if Dallas keeps their pick it'll automatically be top 4

Wouldn't mind them trading down (or completely) to gain another asset

There's some intrigue with some prospects who can serve as a 3rd/4th role. I'd take a versatile prospect like Hunter, KZ, Alexander-Walker, or Keldon Johnson outside the top 5 no problem

I see if Dallas keeps their pick it'll automatically be top 4

Wouldn't mind them trading down (or completely) to gain another asset

There's some intrigue with some prospects who can serve as a 3rd/4th role. I'd take a versatile prospect like Hunter, KZ, Alexander-Walker, or Keldon Johnson outside the top 5 no problem
If they don't land the first overall pick, I wish they could figure out how to get Brad Beal somehow. Just don't think they have enough other assets though.

It's a shame, cause if you could merge them into one player, Reddish/Barrett would be an awesome prospect.

This draft is such a stinker.

I know I mentioned it the other page, but since no one else commented, I'm going to plug it again...Myles Powell, boy is good. For all the hype Shamorie got pre-season as a sleeper, he's been the best player in the league this year by far, deserves his flowers.

Also, just because it's always Canadian slander hour on this side, funny how we've witnessed the "Golden Age' of Candian basketball, and the best player they'll end up producing on a league level is going to be...Jamal Murray.

Had Barrett, Wiggins, Bennettt, Thompson, Ennis, all guys who came in with way more pub, but Jamal the only one who is going to reach an all-star level.

I always find it funny when people say he’s got an NBA body. Forget all the wingspan/length measurements for a second. Most of the time that’s pointless. From a basketball perspective Cam is no where near a top 5 pick. He’s just not as good as people want him to be.

Washed Wes Matthews.
7'1'' wingspan definitely makes a big difference, especially when projecting how Cam will rate as an NBA defender. It's looking like he'll be able to guard up to four positions in the league. Reddish is currently in a shooting slump but his J got range. His handle ain't broke. Shot selection will improve with time and maturity. I just don't think playing alongside R.J. is helping Cam's collegiate numbers the slightest.

I can give you Zion, Ja, Culver over Reddish. Many probably add Barrett there. I'm high on Garland so wouldn't be bothered if you'd take him over Cam. Who else though?

Guess the player. Only difference between Cam and him is age.

Strengths:
He has all the tools, and fits the description of your classic athletic small forward ... He's quick and slippery when maneuvering in the lane ... At 6'7, he has a huge wingspan (easily over 7' feet), and tremendous leaping abilities which allow him to rise above traffic around the rim ... He has a smooth and fluent motion on his jump shot, and gets nice elevation ... Has a strong mid-range game that will only get better ... Can spot up from short or deep, but seems to excel at shooting off one dribble after his quick first step enables him to create space between him and his defender... When he doesn't shoot off the dribble, he uses an effective jab step to create separation and get off his shot, a must-have tool for a scoring small forward in the NBA ... Also has deep range with a high and quick release, and his consistency will only improve - his 3 point percentage has gradually risen from 29% to 33% to 39% respectively in each of his 3 years... He shoots 50% from the field overall, and does not need 20 plus shots to be effective ... Extremely unselfish, the offense rarely becomes stagnant when the ball is in his hands, a tendency other teams have when their go-to player tries to isolate himself ... An underrated passer showing excellent vision and passing skills for a 3 ... He moves extremely well off the ball, and does a great job of getting himself open off back screens ... He can run the floor and finish effectively in transition ... His quickness, awareness and long wingspan come into play defensively as well, as he is a terrific off-ball and help defender ... Can quickly move from the weak-side to ball-side, and uses those long arms and high leaping abilities to block an average of 2 shots per game ... He's athletic and long enough to play effective on-ball defense at the next level ... His wingspan and leaping abilities also make him an excellent rebounder, and his persistent nature and good nose for the ball make him a pest on the offensive glass ...

Weaknesses:
Sometimes he settles or relies too much on his jump shot, and when it's not on that day, he can disappear for long stretches throughout the game ... Needs to bulk up- when guarded by stronger defenders, he tends to pull back for tougher jump shots as opposed to taking it strong and drawing the foul ... Attempts less than 4 free throws per game ... Tries to get out of slumps by shooting jumpers instead of being more aggressive ... Has not developed much of a back-to-the-basket game yet, but his skills, high release and length give him a shot to develop a post game over time ... Has trouble creating off the dribble, most of his opportunities come after one dribble or a catch and shoot ... Not much of a playmaker, his ball handling skills are average, and he tends to throw the ball away too often ... He's 23 years old, so his upside and potential might take a hit when GMs look at guys who are up to 3 years younger

Not always. Sometimes the older players end up being one of the best players in the draft.

I'm sure I missed a bunch but: Curry, CJ, Dame, Kemba, Butler, Oladipo, Gobert, Hield, Mitchell

Wonder which top prospect will fall the furthest. Anyone from 6 to 12 could fall 10 spots without much surprise

Think it'll be either be Little, Rui or Bol

Not always. Sometimes the older players end up being one of the best players in the draft.

I'm sure I missed a bunch but: Curry, CJ, Dame, Kemba, Butler, Oladipo, Gobert, Hield, Mitchell
Rudy and Don Definitely don't fall in category of the older guys. But of course, there are exceptions. Younger guys are just further away from their ceilings in most cases. There's a lot of variables to this, though. How many years have they been playing basketball in general? Have the been focusing on multiple sports? Etc

Seems like the players who played basketball the least or started at a older age usually end being the biggest stars.

Seems like the players who played basketball the least or started at a older age usually end being the biggest stars.

I think that's just natural selection.

Having excellent pattern recognition is really good for playing basketball.

If you started playing basketball late and but became really good at it fast it just means you got elite pattern recognition.

It's the pattern recognition not that starting late.

Wake me up when it’s 2021 and Sharife Cooper is on the board :emoji_sleeping:.

This draft class so boring. This college year boring.

Back
Top Bottom