2025 NBA Draft Thread

They have a whole new front office and developmental staff. President was Morey's right hand man and they also have your guy Hinkie's right hand man. Seems like a competent front office, but only time will tell. I think the Wolves make some noise in the future. I don't think they will be against moving KAT and/or Dlo in the future as well. Their new FO has that DNA.

Interesting. I never realized that, I'd love for the wolves to do well. Let's see how they play it.

Feel like a trade for Giannis will be next to impossible seeing as what all it took for AD and PG. You can't trade him if you're the GM unless he pulls an AD and tells you he's not resigning before the draft which is highly unlikely.

New Orleans has the most assets right now with talent and picks but that's for sure a rental.

Feel like a trade for Giannis will be next to impossible seeing as what all it took for AD and PG. You can't trade him if you're the GM unless he pulls an AD and tells you he's not resigning before the draft which is highly unlikely.

New Orleans has the most assets right now with talent and picks but that's for sure a rental.

what about the KD or Kawhi situation?

We’ve seen GM’s come up with packages out of the left field the last time a Top 5 player became available. No one even thought Kawhi to Toronto was an option.

There’s definitely a better package than Andrew Wiggins and a#2 pick.

what about the KD or Kawhi situation?

Kawhi told SA he didn't want to be there anymore. As for what they got for him that was a result of Pop betting petty.

If Giannis does that then teams will offer whatever to get him. But the #2 pick in a weak draft and continuing salary cap hell with Wiggins doesn't seem appealing at all. If Klay ain't in the deal then MIL not even picking up the phone.

Kawhi told SA he didn't want to be there anymore. As for what they got for him that was a result of Pop betting petty.

If Giannis does that then teams will offer whatever to get him. But the #2 pick in a weak draft and continuing salary cap hell with Wiggins doesn't seem appealing at all. If Klay ain't in the deal then MIL not even picking up the phone.

KD situation? If Greek Freak doesn't commit by signing an extension, you really think they will risk him leaving for nothing if/when they fail to win the ship?

How much better of a deal could have Spurs got considering Kawhi wasn't going to commit to an extension?

Not sure why you brought PG13 up since his scenario wasn't similar at all.

KD situation? If Greek Freak doesn't commit by signing an extension, you really think they will risk him leaving for nothing if/when they fail to win the ship?

KD was also signed and traded to Brooklyn, if they find a agreed upon spot (say Miami) or anybody else who has cap space in 2021 which will be pretty much half the league due to the free agent class. That opens up options as well all of which will be better than Wiggins and a #2 pick this summer.

KD was also signed and traded to Brooklyn, if they find a agreed upon spot (say Miami) or anybody else who has cap space in 2021 which will be pretty much half the league due to the free agent class. That opens up options as well all of which will be better than Wiggins and a #2 pick this summer.

I'm talking about when KD left OKC b

But I'm Milwaukee, so I'll just risk the chances for a once in a lifetime shot at a title.

i agree with this too but im wonder if their GM feels the same

Is Melo the consensus thought for the Wolves as far as fit? I have no clue on a lot of these guys except he and Wiseman. Ball makes me nervous, but I never saw one full game he played, so I dont know.

I want them to go Edwards after reading a few things, but no matter...feel like they mess up just cause.

Is Melo the consensus thought for the Wolves as far as fit? I have no clue on a lot of these guys except he and Wiseman. Ball makes me nervous, but I never saw one full game he played, so I dont know.

I want them to go Edwards after reading a few things, but no matter...feel like they mess up just cause.

lve been seeing Edwards.. or going wiseman and having the 2 bigs

They’re in a tough, but good position. If they want wins and immediate success because they can’t afford another KG situation, they’ll dangle the pick for a star (maybe Beal?) The Jimmy Butler experience might’ve enticed them a bit. No good FA is actually going to play and live Minnesota.

Idk how patient that front office and new owners might be.

They’re in a tough position. If they want wins and immediate success because they can’t afford another KG situation, they’ll dangle the pick for a star (maybe Beal?) The Jimmy Butler experience might’ve enticed them a bit.

Idk how patient that front office and new owners might be.

Yeah, kinda my worry. I'd love Beal too for some immediate dividends, but they never get it right for anything in regards to sustainability.

Both our franchises man. It’s rare to actually strike gold in the draft. Certain franchises, unless it’s a clear cut franchise altering player, might be better off trading a top pick for an established star player.

Both our franchises man. It’s rare to actually strike gold in the draft. Certain franchises, unless it’s a clear cut franchise altering player, might be better off trading a top pick for an established star player.

I was ecstatic with KAT, but he's no killer. He needs a lot of help and outside of a bona-fide #1 consensus, I agree with you and both franchises can't be trusted, so as it goes...I guess we'll see and hope for the best or just non-embarrassment. :lol:

I was ecstatic with KAT, but he's no killer. He needs a lot of help and outside of a bona-fide #1 consensus, I agree with you and both franchises can't be trusted, so as it goes...I guess we'll see and hope for the best or just non-embarrassment. :lol:

I'd honestly be worried of a new ownership coming in and re-hauling the brand new front office. This new FO even though unproven currently seems to be extremely competent with a lot of prior experience. It's going to be tough, but I think the Wolves come up in a few years because of their new FO.

I'd honestly be worried of a new ownership coming in and re-hauling the brand new front office. This new FO even though unproven currently seems to be extremely competent with a lot of prior experience. It's going to be tough, but I think the Wolves come up in a few years because of their new FO.

That's true. I'm good with the current FO people for now, but when new ownership comes in, never know and usually leads to replacing and such, like you said....but I'd hope that with the current nucleus + a #1 or whatever trade potential that provides, they'd give it a chance.

That's true. I'm good with the current FO people for now, but when new ownership comes in, never know and usually leads to replacing and such, like you said....but I'd hope that with the current nucleus + a #1 or whatever trade potential that provides, they'd give it a chance.

I'd honestly be terrified of KG coming in and becoming president of the team. That's a disaster waiting to happen IMO.

Serious question fellas, after the Bucks loses in the ECSF or ECF and Giannis doesn't want to sign an extension, what would you do if you were the GM?
If they’re leading the league in wins again or anywhere close to it, they’ll keep him for another crack at it. No GM is blowing up a 55-60 win team in the middle of the year.

They’re basically too good to consider it, even in the off-season.You’re not convincing ownership to sign off on that trade before trying desperate trades to revamp the guys around him, firing Bud, etc. Bad contracts get moved every season so Bled & Middleton certainly aren’t immovable.

I'd honestly be terrified of KG coming in and becoming president of the team. That's a disaster waiting to happen IMO.

who is the last player to be good at the gig?

Obviously Riley, ainge and bird played

elton brand about to get fired.. Magic didn’t last long in the role.. Minnesota has experience with mchale in the front office

-Kupchak in LA before he got fired
-Dumars before he flamed out in Detroit
-James Jones got off to a rocky start in Phoenix, but is looking promising now

Back
Top Bottom