2025 NBA Draft Thread

Pistons won’t pass up on Killian if he’s there. Pretty sure Will Bynum has been working out with him.

Got bored. Decided to do B Sox Mock Draft 1.0.

1. Minnesota- Anthony Edwards: Best prospect in draft, fits positional need. Not having to be THE GUY should allow him to rein in on some of his weaknesses, mainly taking better shots.
2. Golden State- James Wiseman: Still doubt GS actually picks here. But Wiseman could be a really interesting prospect playing with the kind of space that he'll have with Curry and Klay out there.
3. Charlotte- Lamelo Ball: Team already has a couple small lead guards in Graham and Rozier, but Lamelo could potentially play with both of them given his size and would instantly be the team's best facilitator.
4. Chicago- Deni Avdija: Team needs wings, especially given the health issues we've seen with Porter and Valentine. He's the best one in the draft.
5. Cleveland- Onyeka Okongwu: Don't think Drummond is in their future plans, and they'd probably be willing to move Love too. Best defensive big in the draft. Has some offensive potential too.
6. Atlanta- Tyrese Haliburton: Perfect fit as a secondary ball handler next to Ice Tray.
7. Detroit- Killian Hayes: Team pretty much needs everything. Killian is already a good playmaker in the PnR, has good size for his position, and the ceiling is high if he can make shots off the dribble. Should be able to play alongside guys like Rose and Kennard without too much issue.
8. New York- Obi Toppin: Elite athlete that can also space the floor in a way that Julius Randle can't, leaving more room for Barrett to operate. Mitchell Robinson can make up for some of his defensive issues.
9. Washington- Devin Vassell: Okongwu falling would've been nice, but Vassell might be just as useful as the best 3 and D player in the draft going to one of the worst defensive teams in the league.
10. Phoenix- Isaac Okoro: Don't really trust either of the remaining PGs here enough when I could pick Okoro and immediately give the Suns a pairing of 2 of the best young wing defenders in the league alongside Bridges. Depending on what happens with his jumper, I think he could actually end up better than Bridges.
11. San Antonio- Patrick Williams: Gives SA their next Kawhi-esque project. Kinda raw but has one of the most NBA-ready bodies in the league, with good athleticism, and has shown flashes of everything. Will be one of the best players in the draft if he turns out right.
12. Sacramento- Aaron Nesmith: Best shooter in the draft. Gives the Kings insurance if something happens with Buddy/Bogdanovic.
13. New Orleans- Tyrese Maxey: Think he could be Jrue Holiday 2.0. Tenacious defender who isn't really a "floor general" but wouldn't need to be alongside Ingram/Zion/Lonzo. Could allow them to move Jrue for more pieces too.
14. Boston- Cole Anthony: Ainge has a thing for highly rated HS prospects that run into issues for one reason or another in college. More of a combo guard than a "True PG", but that isn't an issue in Brad's system. Could be the heir apparent to Kemba.
15. Orlando- Kira Lewis Jr: Team needs ball handlers and he's the best one available. Has good upside too and could play alongside Fultz.
16. Portland- Saddiq Bey: No team needs wings more than Portland. Bey is a high floor wing that should be able to come in and defend well and knock down 3s out of the gate. Villanova has been pumping out solid role players as of late too.
17. Minnesota- Precious Achiuwa: Pairs perfectly in the frontcourt with KAT. Willing to do all of the dirty work without needing the ball much.
18. Dallas- RJ Hampton: Might not be ready to contribute right away, but gives Dallas a potentially dynamic guard to play alongside Luka that they likely won't have a chance to get at any point down the line given lack of draft capital and improvement of the team.
19. Brooklyn- Josh Green: 3 and D role player that doesn't need the ball in his hands a ton, which is going to be needed given the guys on the roster that are going to need the rock next year.
20. Miami- Aleksej Pokusevski: Perfect team to take on a draft and stash that could potentially be high reward down the line. Not sure if he'll ever actually be an NBA player due to his lack of strength, but his shooting/passing/ball handling for a guy his size is pretty remarkable. Could potentially play the 4 alongside Bam down the line.
21. Philadelphia- Tyrell Terry: Shooting and ball handling is just what the doctor ordered in Philly.
22. Denver- Desmond Bane: 3 and D guy that is ready to go. Knows his role.
23. Utah- Theo Maledon: Clarkson and Mudiay are both FAs this offseason and Conley has one more year left on his deal. Would definitely be a good idea to bring in another ball handler.
24. Milwaukee- Jalen Smith: Brook Lopez would be the perfect mentor with both having the ability to protect the rim and stretch the floor.
25. Oklahoma City- Jaden McDaniels: Perfect team to take a home run swing on McDaniels given the amount of picks they have coming up over the next several years. Might never amount to anything, but if things go right, he's probably substantially better than anyone still on the board here.
26. Boston- Leandro Bolmaro: Team probably can't take on 3 rookies this year, so this is the perfect draft and stash. Playmaker with good size. Needs to develop as a shooter.
27. New York- Cassius Winston: Probably not the team's PG of the future, but he's going to be able to help right away. Competitor that knows how to run an offense and is an elite shooter.
28. LA Lakers- Grant Riller: Perfect bucket getter to come off the bench. Has some playmaking ability too.
29. Toronto- Xavier Tillman: Ibaka and/or Gasol could be out the door, so in comes an NBA ready big that can do all of the little things. Jumper isn't really there, but he's a great defender, passer, and sets good screens.
30. Boston- Zeke Nnaji: I think he has a bit of Montrezl in him and has a good jumper that should be able to extend to the 3pt line.

Critiques are welcome!!

You know, I get a lot of crap for being long-winded, typing essays.

Moving forward, B Sox B Sox , I don't want to hear it from you, not after seeing that. :lol:

-foe

I straight up would not take Obi at 8. No need for more empty stats and no defense. There are numerous reasons why I wouldnt touch him if I were the Knicks.

1. Age: There's a reason he bullied college kids. He's 3 years older than he should be.
2. Bigs: We just went with a 4 PF roster. Is he better than Bobby Portis?
3. Defense: Do you really want to sign up for a worst Julius Randle? He cant switch on anyone, you cant hide bad defensive bigs that cant switch.
4. Measurements: His standing reach and wingspan are absolutelty horrible

Also, I'm high on Aleksej Pokusevski, dont think he's a draft and stash.

Love high IQ guys. Seems like a perfect Spurs guy.

Could easily see Vassell or Cole Anthony to NY at 8 too. Someone is taking Toppin in the top 10 though. Had to put him somewhere. Honestly feel like he's become a little undervalued. I don't think he's going to be a star, but I'm pretty positive that he's going to be a productive pro.

Also, I'm high on Aleksej Pokusevski, dont think he's a draft and stash.

Love high IQ guys. Seems like a perfect Spurs guy.
I don't know how he guards a single NBA player with what his body currently is. Don't love the league he's playing in and not really dominating (yes I know Giannis came from there). I don't think he's going to be able to play Center in the NBA, and that's an issue for me.

I don't know how he guards a single NBA player with what his body currently is. Don't love the league he's playing in and not really dominating (yes I know Giannis came from there). I don't think he's going to be able to play Center in the NBA, and that's an issue for me.

whole lot of family men I saw on my screen. Not necessarily a knock on him

I think if those are the options available the Mavs at their slot, I'd rather have Josh Green than Hampton.

Just like the fit better. But wouldn't be upset either way.

Not worried about strength in a prospect. All these guys come into the NBA super skinny and lanky with zero core strength.
Feel like that is a massive mistake.

He's 7ft tall and only 205 pounds. That's 30 pounds less than Bol Bol for instance, who can't guard anyone.

What is the list of successful rail thin big men in the league?

Bol Bol weighed in @ 208 @ the combine :lol:
And he still looks like a twig and can’t be put on the court.

I’m not saying not to draft the kid or anything like that. Just don’t see him being worthy of a lotto pick. And definitely won’t contribute anything for several years.

Feel like that is a massive mistake.

He's 7ft tall and only 205 pounds. That's 30 pounds less than Bol Bol for instance, who can't guard anyone.

What is the list of successful rail thin big men in the league?

No one comes in and stays rail thin though. Except maybe KD. You’re drafting him as a high IQ spread the floor guy in that 15-25 range.

How many rail thin guys that can shoot bust? Late lotto or mid 1st is hopefully a rotational piece. He can be that.

Weyn Gabriel is getting minutes on a playoff right now lol

Does Lamelo have the worst combo of shot selection and shot making in the history of the draft?

Back
Top Bottom