2025 NBA Draft Thread

- Hornets giving up an unprotected 2022 pick to move up 2 spots in this draft just to get Wiseman would be asinine. Can't see that happening.

- Atlanta moving back 5 spots and picking up DeRozan for a year seems like a home run, especially if they aren't particularly high on anybody on the board. For the Spurs, it seems like an overpay since I'm not really an Okoro fan. Feel like there's a chance Pat Williams could just be flat out better than him.

- Could see the Pistons preferring Hayes to Haliburton. Knicks would probably like to have a bit more upside, but Haliburton would be a steady player for them. Okongwu fits like a glove for the Wiz at 9. PHX adding another Mikal Bridges in Vassell could be a good look, but I could definitely see them going with one of the guards too.

- Trading 26 and 30 to move up to 17 would definitely be ideal for the Cs. Not particularly fond of Achiuwa as I think he really lacks offensive polish, but maybe he can be an approximation of what you'd get with Okongwu. Still feels like a poor man's Robert Williams at that point though.

Killian Hayes is on a lot of top 3 lists.

After the Knicks drafted Frank I remember watching an entire documentary on French basketball players. Their entire development there in France focuses on IQ and making the right play. From Diaw to Tony etc. Point guards coming from there, even though highly fundamental, are usually way too passive.

Idk how well that transfers to today's game. Kinda want your PG to be more of a scorer. Killian was super raw last year, but he's shooting up draft boards (usually a good sign). But if he's super passive you'll need a score first SG to pair him with. Bulls or if PHX moves up is an ideal fit.

Think that's not necessarily a bad thing in this draft. He's basically been a double digit scorer for 12 seasons. Think you'd be pretty happy if that's the outcome and you pick him in the 9-14 range.

yeah I didn’t mean it as a slight. Jeff Greens problem isn’t because he can’t play but because of consistency. I like Patrick Williams a lot

That Charlotte/Minny trade is ridiculous :lol:

Deni's probably a better fit but I like Edwards over both Ball/Wiseman if im making the swing for the fences pick.

Last edited:
I feel like I'm just apprehensive on Hayes. I love DLo, and if he could be like him that would be great. I guess I just feel like DLo was a better shooter as a prospect? Maybe not though.

My only worry on Killian is just him being so left hand dominant. I think everything else translates with no worries

Hawks shopping their pick. I think it's too early for that, but I guess they want to get some playoff experience.

DeRozan seems fair in some kind of deal in this draft.

Thought this was a good writeup on RJ. Feel like we'd just be singing a different tune about him and his draft stock had he gone to Memphis or something and put up like 13-14 shots a game. Outside of having a stronger frame, I'm not sure Anthony Edwards for instance really does anything substantially better than RJ, and he's going to go top 3 if not number 1.

Hampton is one of those guys who’s ceiling depends if he can shoot those are always a gamble.

Hawks shopping their pick. I think it's too early for that, but I guess they want to get some playoff experience.

DeRozan seems fair in some kind of deal in this draft.

i'd rather see the hawks go the denver nuggets route and keep building their team through the draft. they've got some solid pieces in trae, collins and capela. depending on how they draft this year, they'll be a tough team in the east in a few years. with demar, they're immediately better but i don't see a high ceiling.

i'd rather see the hawks go the denver nuggets route and keep building their team through the draft. they've got some solid pieces in trae, collins and capela. depending on how they draft this year, they'll be a tough team in the east in a few years. with demar, they're immediately better but i don't see a high ceiling.
That scenario with Demar has them acquiring him and only dropping 5 spots in the draft. No brainer for Atlanta.

I need to see some workouts with Tyrell Terry or something. Feel like the way folks are hyping him up you'd think he was the second coming of Tray Young, yet it looks like he has half the skill set.

That scenario with Demar has them acquiring him and only dropping 5 spots in the draft. No brainer for Atlanta.

whoops, didn't realize they'd be getting #11 in return. if that's the case, it makes sense for the hawks

Back
Top Bottom