2025 NBA Draft Thread

Can someone tell me what’s the difference between what Presti is doing and what Hinkie did? Why is one regarded a genius while the other was getting scrutinized?

for all I know, Adam Silver should shove a Colangelo up their you know what
They were just in the playoffs in the bubble. Threw one season.

Can someone tell me what’s the difference between what Presti is doing and what Hinkie did? Why is one regarded a genius while the other was getting scrutinized?

for all I know, Adam Silver should shove a Colangelo up their you know what
One was in a major media market and the other is in the middle of nowhere. One did media interviews and the other shuns away from media.

Presti also had OKC perennially good for a decade, including a Finals appearance :lol:. Throwing one year doesn’t erase all the goodwill he’s built up.

Loving how high people have Barnes.. FSU baby

I like Mobley the most out of the top pics and a weird interest in Kuminga.. probably cause I was killing it with him on a 2k franchise a season ago

Regarding KOC, I was referring to his opinion not his reporting

Is he the one saying he doesn't like the Wood/Mobley pair and that HOU should consider trading down?

I mean, not many can guard Jokic or Embiid so I don't consider that such a negative if Mobley has considerable other positives

And if they're gonna trade down they had better get one hell of a return

Regarding KOC, I was referring to his opinion not his reporting

Is he the one saying he doesn't like the Wood/Mobley pair and that HOU should consider trading down?

I mean, not many can guard Jokic or Embiid so I don't consider that such a negative if Mobley has considerable other positives

And if they're gonna trade down they had better get one hell of a return
He was more so speaking his opinion. I wouldn’t trade down, but I agree that I think eventually you will get to a Wood or Mobley crossroads. I wouldn’t let that stop me from taking Mobley if I feel he is the BPA but he and Jalen green are so close to me.

I'm more and more skeptical of these people's opinions on prospects. The Draftexpress dudes are usually solid

Feel like I take y'all opinions higher than these dudes with platforms

Yea now more than ever it’s clear to see the bias and connections these draft cars have…They go so hard with it can’t even hide when they speaking behalf of a agent/team :lol:

If I’m Detroit I’m reaching out to the Cavs to try and obtain their 3rd pick. Id go so far as to trade an unprotected first in 2022 and Killian Hayes for their third. Mutually beneficial. Pistons fast track their rebuild with Cade and let’s say Green. That’s a really tough PG and SG. They run it back with Bey, Grant, and a scrappy bunch that really fills out the team. You then have your cornerstones set.

Cavs have an already crowded point guard mix that’s undersized as is. It’s no secret they’re looking to move Sexton. Adding a bigger framed longer younger PG in Killian is a win. He pairs better with Garland. That’s their 1-2 punch. Both are young and under very controlled rookie contracts. Additionally, they’ll get some value back in moving Sexton (maybe packaging him with Love) and then still have the Pistons 1st next year. Chances are they’ll also again have a top 10 pick so you end up in a good position for the 2022 draft with 2 potential lottery picks.

JS”

Last edited:
If I’m Detroit I’m reaching out to the Cavs to try and obtain their 3rd pick. Id go so far as to trade an unprotected first in 2022 and Killian Hayes for their third. Mutually beneficial. Pistons fast track their rebuild with Cade and let’s say Green. That’s a really tough PG and SG. They run it back with Bey, Grant, and a scrappy bunch that really fills out the team. You then have your cornerstones set.

Cavs have an already crowded point guard mix that’s undersized as is. It’s no secret they’re looking to move Sexton. Adding a bigger framed longer younger PG in Killian is a win. He pairs better with Garland. That’s their 1-2 punch. Both are young and under very controlled rookie contracts. Additionally, they’ll get some value back in moving Sexton (maybe packaging him with Love) and then still have the Pistons 1st next year.

JS”
Cavs ain’t giving up a number 3 pick for killian and next years first

That’s a tough risk for Cleveland to take

Why not just draft green or Mobley and then trade Sexton

Killian and an unknown draft position and no more 3rd pick isnt too appealing tbh

That’s a tough risk for Cleveland to take

Why not just draft green or Mobley and then trade Sexton

Killian and an unknown draft position and no more 3rd pick isnt too appealing tbh

It is a risk as you stated, but there’s historical data that supports at minimum, considering such.
2021 - #3
2020 - #5
2019 - #5
2018 - #8
(Looking at the past decade there are many other lottery picks but for the sake of, just using the past several years).

Given their history and the fact that the team will probably grade out being bad again, they have a good probability of ending up back in the lottery and then having Detroit’s pick (assuming going with my suggestion) which also has a strong chance of also being a lotto pick. This again highlights better chances of filling out their roster having 2 lotto picks. The cavs wouldn’t need any guards if they obtained killian in the trade and keep garland. The 2022 draft projects a lot of “bigs” in the top 10. That fits the Cavs needs better.

I get the notion of keeping the pick and moving Sexton separately, but sextons value on the market is iffy given he’s on his rookie contract which is set to expire. What do you pay him? He’s coming off his best season but do the Cavs pay him a massive contract based on such? Then they have him and Love on the books. That’s not a winning formula to have those two clogging your financial books. If they don’t pay him, they run the risk of losing him in FA with nothing to show for it.

Then there’s the consideration of who the Cavs draft should they keep the pick. If they draft Suggs and can’t move Sexton, the guard section is extremely duplicative (assuming Houston takes Jalen Green second which is the early rumor). Maybe the Cavs select Mobley and it’s all a moot point.

But this is just my thinking outside the box. I appreciate your take on it as well.

JS”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom