2025 NBA Draft Thread

I think I went on one of my brothers pods saying I can’t take a big top 3 unless he had generational talent/upside.

now Ayton is legit but I don’t think Mobley has scoring ability nor the physical presence Ayton has

Mobley’s got finesse in his game in a good way and instincts to make up for the lack of physicality

Ayton about 14-18 ppg raw numbers if Mobley gets on a team with solid guard play he could easily be in that range early in his career

Trying to put a mock together myself right now and keep getting stumped with what to do with the Warriors at 7. Just feel like it's too high for Davion Mitchell, even though he's sort of the epitome of the "ready to contribute" type guy that they seem to want.

Trying to put a mock together myself right now and keep getting stumped with what to do with the Warriors at 7. Just feel like it's too high for Davion Mitchell, even though he's sort of the epitome of the "ready to contribute" type guy that they seem to want.
The draft “experts” keep pushing Mitchell to the Warriors cuz he’s old :lol: …Besides the top tier cats (Bron, Melo, Luka, Zion etc) every rookie has growing pains and need development during the 1st year…GS really fooling themselves if they think they’ll find somebody to just give mins to and not skip a beat with their picks, “NBA Ready” is rarely a thing

If this was last year they woulda told em to draft Obi Toppin in the middle of the lottery for the same reason :lol:

Alright, here goes nothing. Like I said, Warriors pick kinda throws me off, but I'm just gonna put Mitchell in there for now....

B Sox Mock Draft 1.0

1. Pistons- Cade Cunningham
- Will be an efficient 20+ PPG and 5+ APG wing for a long time.
2. Rockets-Jalen Green- Highest scoring upside in the draft. Just value that a bit more than Mobley.
3. Cavs- Evan Mobley- Already have Allen, but he's BPA, so just grab him and figure it out from there.
4. Raptors- Jalen Suggs- Has a lot of that Lowry DNA. Perfect heir apparent.
5. Magic- Jonathan Kuminga- A bit raw, but has all the tools you're looking for in a 2-way wing.
6. Thunder- Scottie Barnes- Elite wheel greaser with more upside if jumper can come around.
7. Warriors- Davion Mitchell- Not a fan, but if he's actually Marcus Smart with a good jumper, it's a great addition.
8. Magic- James Bouknight- Best scoring upside in draft after Jalen Green. Gave a long look at Giddey here too as the team could use the passing he brings to the table.
9. Kings- Jalen Johnson- Jack of all trades athletic 4 that fits nicely with Fox/Haliburton. They could use a C and I thought about Sengun here, but I just think they want to play a bit more uptempo.
10. Pelicans- Moses Moody- A lot of people have mocked Kispert to NOLA, but I just don't see any world where you should be taking him over Moody if he's on the board. Mikal Bridges vibes.
11. Hornets- Isaiah Jackson- Rim running, shot blocking 5 seems like the perfect pairing with Lamelo.
12. Spurs- Alperen Sengun- I think he's absolutely a top 10 talent, but the fit isn't quite perfect with some of the teams that are up there. I'm pretty confident that he's going to be a double double machine that you can run offense through.
13. Pacers- Josh Giddey- Maybe the best passer in the draft. Could fit anywhere. Pacers have guys at every position, so can really just go BPA and I think that is Giddey.
14. Warriors- Franz Wagner- Another jack of all trades type that can help the team in a multitude of ways. Could even see them picking him at 7.
15. Wizards- Corey Kispert- Team needs shooting and he's the best shooter in the draft.
16. Thunder- Kai Jones- Swing for the fences. Low floor, high ceiling. Perfect guy for them to take a chance on.
17. Grizzlies- Ziaire Williams- Not sure what to make of him exactly, but I think his upside is too high to pass up on.
18. Thunder- Tre Mann- Team definitely needs another scorer off the dribble and I think he might be the best on the board.
19. Knicks- Keon Johnson- Not really a fan, but there's definitely some upside there with his athleticism.
20. Hawks- Sharife Cooper- Trae Young without the shooting seems like a decent guy to back up Trae going forward.
21. Knicks- Cam Thomas- Best young scorer left on the board.
22. Lakers- Chris Duarte- Shooting with playmaking seems like exactly what the Lakers could be use. Doesn't matter to them that he's old.
23. Rockets- Usman Garuba- Might end up being the best multi-positional defender in the draft and fits nicely with Wood.
24. Rockets- Greg Brown- Athlete with upside. Maybe could be like a Gerald Wallace type one day?
25. Clippers- Jaden Springer- Tough defender that can do a little bit of everything.
26. Nuggets- Ayo Dosunmu- Good scorer that could potentially be an heir to Barton.
27. Nets- Trey Murphy- Could be a really nice 3 and D role player.
28. Sixers- Jared Butler- Ball handler that can shoot. Exactly what they need.
29. Suns- Miles McBride- Tenacious defender, decent shooter that could run a second unit. CP3 not gonna be around forever either.
30. Jazz- JT Thor- Bit of a swing for the fences, but he's one of the youngest players in the draft and could be the small ball 5 type that they greatly need.

The draft “experts” keep pushing Mitchell to the Warriors cuz he’s old :lol: …Besides the top tier cats (Bron, Melo, Luka, Zion etc) every rookie has growing pains and need development during the 1st year…GS really fooling themselves if they think they’ll find somebody to just give mins to and not skip a beat with their picks, “NBA Ready” is rarely a thing

If this was last year they woulda told em to draft Obi Toppin in the middle of the lottery for the same reason :lol:
If thats what they are looking for, they might as well package the pick and ship it off in a trade for a vet

If thats what they are looking for, they might as well package the pick and ship it off in a trade for a vet
Think they will eventually, it’s just all talk right to now to make it seem like they really locked into somebody to drive up the price of the pick

With all the crying last season bout having to bring along Wiseman, I can’t see em taking a chance on that happening again

The Rockets, Thunder, Knicks, Warriors and Magic having multiple picks takes the winds out of the sail in regards to creativity. :lol:

I think GSW absolutely wants to trade 1, if not both of their picks, FWIW.

They should. Can’t keep wasting Steph’s prime waiting for rookies to develop.

Yo if/when the Rockets take Mobley at 2, what do the Cavs do? Green is the obvious pick but they’d have to trade Sexton or Garland right?

They have two lottery picks. Get a project player and a contributor . Easier said than done and hope Wiseman improves

They should. Can’t keep wasting Steph’s prime waiting for rookies to develop.

Yo if/when the Rockets take Mobley at 2, what do the Cavs do? Green is the obvious pick but they’d have to trade Sexton or Garland right?
Take Green and figure it out from there.

Green would be the obvious pick at 3. Colin Sexton isn't preventing a sane GM from passing on Green.

However, I'd be surprised if Green even grants the team a meeting.

Last edited:
I feel like I was as high on ayton as anyone in here probably too high in hindsight lol

If Mobley existed instead of ayton during that year I would have been even higher on Mobley than I was for ayton
Yea, I wasn’t high on Ayton at all because of how stiff he was. But his defensive progress has been amazing. Still don’t like how he can’t punish little guys in the post on mismatches or switches on PnR consistently. Really frustrating to watch. Mobley is easily a better prospect than him and Wiseman though.

I feel like Cleveland will deal Sexton before #3. But then again the GM may want to win now to save his job.

Back
Top Bottom