2025 NBA Draft Thread

Jennings wasn’t a slam dunk prospect. He always had lotto pick potential.

A slam dunk prospect is what Zion is. BJ was never that. BJ Mullen’s and Samardo Samuels were at the top of the 2008 class right there with BJ.

You really don’t know what you’re talking about here :lol:.

6 months in college isn’t some life altering experience that you’re making it out to be :lol:.

Sheeeiiiit...

Your first 6 months of college away from your whole family for the first time is definitely a life altering experience.

I dont know but everything ive heard from the league is that it might close down.

Not as much of a culture shock with it being an English speaking country.

Exactly. Heard it’s really nice there too. Plus, think about all them kids that do semester abroad and exchange programs :lol:.

This is essentially that. You’re getting paid millions to play pro basketball abroad for a few months. In Australia and New Zealand. Places people travel too.

ballinsam23 ballinsam23 & buc em buc em see that as a negative somehow because they aren’t getting the “college experience” for a few months :lol:.

People love travling there because of the outdoor excursions.

This kid gonna go rafting down waterfalls and bungee jumping now? Lol come on bro.

His family will be getting adjusted to the life there just as much as he will.

Exactly. Heard it’s really nice there too. Plus, think about all them kids that do semester abroad and exchange programs :lol:.

This is essentially that. You’re getting paid millions to play pro basketball abroad for a few months. In Australia and New Zealand. Places people travel too.

ballinsam23 ballinsam23 & buc em buc em see that as a negative somehow because they aren’t getting the “college experience” for a few months :lol:.
I have friends that did a semester in Sydney. They loved it.

This kid gonna go rafting down waterfalls and bungee jumping now? Lol come on bro.

Probably will make them closer.

There’s a whole lot do do in Australia/New Zealand. I’m sure RJ and his family will take time to enjoy what that place has to offer. TF you think he going to be locked in the gym 24/7 :lol:. He going to have an experience over there for a few months himself. Who knows what his experience will be.

LaMelo's next

Yup. The comish wants him over there too. They’re pushing their “Next Stars” program as a pathway to pro ball then the league. Good alternative.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamza...ionally-in-australia-is-lamelo-ball-next/amp/

Brian Bowen Jr is in that Future Stars ********. Top 20 prospect. 6 ppg in 15 mpg. Cool.

Kid was always trash anyway.

Good for the kid going to New Zealand. The NCAA is a business...These dudes are out there basically playing for peanuts and can't even get paid when their jerseys get sold. I guarantee you he's going to get a bunch of endorsement deals while he's in New Zealand from local companies that are going to want to gain exposure in the North American market.

These kids should at least be able to make money from endorsements while in college. I remember how the NCAA kicked the punter out of UCF because he was making money from his YouTube videos :smh:. I hope more kids go the pro route so that things can change for the better for the "student-athletes" in the future. Heck I would have loved to see Zion go to China and get paid :lol: dude would have created chaos within the NCAA

This is a generational talent. There are outliers to everything. 99.9% of Giannis development happened in the states.

:lol: :rofl: now you copping pleas. It’s a crapshoot bruh. Let people forge their own path. And he developed in the NBA as what..,
He'll be making ~5 mill a year in 2020 regardless if he went overseas or to Lawrence, Kansas.

But I thought it wasn't about the money. I thought he's going there for developmental reasons and "honing" his craft.

Why you pocket watching? Sound like you’re opposed to someone making money........ Let him make HIS money. He’s earned it, evidently

Build connections, build life long friends, surrounded by basketball minds, surrounded by ex NBA players, coaches that know the NBA game, coaches who coached other top prospects, etc etc. On top of this, if you're a top prospect you'll be treated like a king while getting 30 min a game regardless if you suck or not.

Its Ws all around.

This sounds more like a personal dream than anything else... this what you must’ve wanted. F***** them friends. F**** the fanbases. Get money. I’ll make friends in the down under.

This man talking about friends and preferential treatment. Sounds like something you desired, but missed out on :lol:

My argument is that core development happens in the NBA or with an NBA trainer. I dont like the notion that going overseas makes you a better player than going to a top program for a year will.

Did playing overseas hinder Luca Doncic? I think they stunted his growth......

Good for the kid going to New Zealand. The NCAA is a business...These dudes are out there basically playing for peanuts and can't even get paid when their jerseys get sold. I guarantee you he's going to get a bunch of endorsement deals while he's in New Zealand from local companies that are going to want to gain exposure in the North American market.

These kids should at least be able to make money from endorsements while in college. I remember how the NCAA kicked the punter out of UCF because he was making money from his YouTube videos :smh:. I hope more kids go the pro route so that things can change for the better for the "student-athletes" in the future. Heck I would have loved to see Zion go to China and get paid :lol: dude would have created chaos within the NCAA
Well a Senator in Cali passed a bill allowing college players to receive endorsements.

DEEB53D6-988D-4EF1-966A-887088087809.gif

Did playing overseas hinder Luca Doncic? I think they stunted his growth......
It's just different. Luka's been playing in those circles since he was a kid. The difference over there is when you're literally working under professional coaching from the ground up from the time someone sees a glimpse of potential in you.

Going over there for a year isn't going to give RJ anything special he doesn't already have access to. He just won't have to go to class and he won't have to deal with all the other ******** that goes along with college.

The US has never looked at athletic development as a type of 'trade school' because we're so dead set on the idea that schooling and traditional education is all-encompassing. Everyone needs to graduate high school, get into a good college and earn a degree that doesn't mean ****.

Eventually that bubble is going to burst - it kind of already has started. Curious to see who's going to be on the forefront of it athletically.

Duke probably pays more than New Zealand so this isn't about the money.

Who knows but don't forget about the shoe deal he's going to get. Various endorsements from local businesses, exposure to a whole new country of fans. Plus I saw that the NBL doesn't disclose how much players earn over there and they have a soft cap. I wouldn't be surprised if he's going to make more there than if he went to Duke.

He should make a YouTube channel following the life of a kid that choose to play pro instead of college. We have kids making millions of dollars from YouTube and off of IG. There are endless ways he can build his brand and make himself even more marketable if he wants too when he gets to the NBA.

Back
Top Bottom