2025 NBA Draft Thread

The only good team Garland faced is Liberty. A lottery ticket, sure, but let’s hope he can be an NBA starter first.

Garland's tiny sample size against trash competition concerns me somewhat too. He looked great but we didn't really get to see him tested at all.

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 8.57.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 8.57.04 PM.png
Starting to watch footage of Kevin Porter, what is going on with his jump shot? I noticed towards the end of the season his release was drifting further and further to the right

Just watched a workout vid that was posted yesterday and it seems like he's completely tweaked it

I could never get behind the Harden and RJ comparisons.

Knicks need to not get fancy here. I do think he’s the 3rd best player in this draft. Small sample size without Zion helped that case. NBA teams can’t guard lefties to this day either. Strictly off passing, being able to play multiple positions, and his scoring instincts he should not be passed up on.

RJ gonna scratch the efficiency and shooting of Harden? If not then I don't know if that's a rational comp

Jalen Rose still a reasonable middle ground for me

RJ is like a streaky Derozan with better range right now, I do think he's more pro ready than Demar was going into the league though.

Heard a little tidbit that Reddish had better numbers off the bounce. Gives me some glimmer of hope he could have some potential as a second option. Would prefer Atlanta go with Alexander Walker and Sekou but wouldn't be mad if the second pick was either Reddish or Hayes

I like the idea of a 3 guard lineup down the road if they went with Walker, who ran a ton of PnR

If Collins can steady improve his defense as a 5, rolling the dice on Sekou could be a payoff sooner that later

Don't care at all that he "didn't play relevant comp" in college, dude deserves to be mentioned in the top 3-4 picks. He's shown enough for me in his prep career

That deceleration (heh) and shift are :sick: step back already looking clean. His pull up and off the bounce from distance are pro ready. Only worry is the knee

Yeah he and Ja are actually interchangeable for me as well. I didn't realize Garland signed with Klutch, it's just that I don't know that LA is interested in keeping the pick

Not to make this a Big Lakers thread but realistically I don't see LA doing much to finish out Lebby's career so they shouldn't offload any of their future assets

Brandon Clarke is Shaun marion 2.0
I'm here for it, brodie, but it's an optimistic comparison offensively. You know what you're getting defensively, Clarke is a dog on that end. But his face-up game offensively looks unnatural. I don't know that he can become a low-volume 33% career three-point shooter in the NBA. Remains to be seen but if you believe so, Clarke is definitely worth a top-10 selection in that case.

And put me on record, I've got no qualms with taking Garland over Ja. Even after serious knee surgery. Could end up being a #1A and #1B situation at the PG position for those two.

Back
Top Bottom