David West is one of the best values in the league. 20 and 8 for only $9 million a season. He's only got a year left on his contract too. Emeka Okafor on the other hand is one of the worst contracts.

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Player[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2009/10[/td][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2010/11[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2011/12[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2012/13[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2013/14[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Predrag Stojakovic[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$14,202,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$15,336,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$0[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chris Paul[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$13,520,500[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$14,940,152[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$16,359,805[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$17,779,457[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Emeka Okafor[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$10,538,937[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$11,540,375[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$12,541,812[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$13,543,250[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$14,544,687[/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]David West[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$9,075,000 [/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$8,287,500 [/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$7,525,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Morris Peterson[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,212,960[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,641,440[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]James Posey[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,031,800[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,478,600[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$6,925,400[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Darius Songaila[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4,526,000 [/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4,818,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Julian Wright[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,000,040[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,858,056[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,952,693[/font][/font][/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Darren Collison[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,266,120[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,361,040[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,455,960[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,319,344[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,342,174[/font][/font][/font]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sean Marks[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,187,686[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aaron Gray[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,000,497[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ike Diogu[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$884,881[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Marcus Thornton[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$457,888[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$762,195[/font]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jason Hart[/font][/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TOTALS:[/font][/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$70,904,309[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$73,023,358[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$43,352,017[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$31,322,707[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$14,544,687[/font]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/font][/font][/td] [/tr][/table]
West does have a good contract.. but Okafor
sick.gif

Hes a bit one dimensional though. I think i got his contract mixed up with someone else
laugh.gif

Either way, they could get some value restarting from scratch.

I don't care what people say or what happens, New Orleans cannot trade Chris Paul.

Trading Collison is much more likely. They need to sell high, package a bad contarct, and try to bring in some help for CP3.

Its hard trading one of the leagues best point guard, but if DC can run the team just as fine at a substantially much cheaper price, why not?

You'll def. get more assets from trading Paul, and hes pretty much fed up with all the losing in the past years.

Because if you trade Chris Paul, you're effectively killing pro basketball in New Orleans.

You don't trade a top 5-8 player in their prime.

If this was NBA 2K10, and it was just about players and contracts, then you said Paul. You can get young talent, high draft picks, and turn one player into a lot of good pieces for a team. But you can't trade Paul from NO. He's the face of the franchise, beloved in the city, and arguably the best point guard in the league.

Unless CP3 comes out and starts bashing the team and announces he's leaving or demands a trade, they can't do it.

And what happens if he leaves in 2 years? They end up with nothing.

I just noticed i see myself on every other reply. i have no life
smh.gif

[h1]Felton's Value Could Be Dropping[/h1]Apr 25, 2010 4:03 PM EST

Felton_Raymond_cha.jpg
Bobcats point guard Raymond Felton hasn't played well in the postseason against the Magic, which could hurt his free-agent stock.

Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer writes that, "I suspect Raymond Felton has cost himself a lot of money for the way he's played in this best-of-seven."

Felton will become an unrestricted free agent in July.

He is averaging 12.0 points and 4.7 assists in three games against Orlando, but he's shooting just 41.2% and Jameer Nelson has exploded offensively.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

If this was NBA 2K10, and it was just about players and contracts, then you said Paul. You can get young talent, high draft picks, and turn one player into a lot of good pieces for a team. But you can't trade Paul from NO. He's the face of the franchise, beloved in the city, and arguably the best point guard in the league.

Unless CP3 comes out and starts bashing the team and announces he's leaving or demands a trade, they can't do it.
agreed with everyhting you just said. However if DC is looking for a starting role and NO is looking to trade him and get an upgrade in another position that they dont have their centerpiece playing id potentially have no problem in giving up Gallo or Chandler, im a big DC fan. But Gallo and Will are a bit more proven imo. Since they love Lee so much id even consider trading Lee in a S&T to NO and get DC here + some expirings to make it match, however Lee is an all-star player while Collison showed SIGNS as a rookie so i think we should get some MUCH needed 1st rounders in a deal like that.
Still very into the idea of signing Felton for MLE-type $...

um, bored watching alot of playoffs just throwing it out there... George Hill? Looked it up hes in his last year of his rookie contract and hes been looking like he has the potential to be a ball player. Already having Parker along with him hooping reccently idk if SA will look to extend him for alot of $, but who knows? i dont keep up with the Spurs that much and this is the 1st time ive really watched Hill this closely. Ive watched him before and thought he can ball but hes really been impressing me lately, maybe he can be the next Aaron Brooks... Im just bored and throwing out the scenario, but he may be a nice PG to take a look at this summer as well 
nerd.gif

I didn't realize how little Darren Collison was making. Now I get all of the Emeka & Paul talk, because if you can get 75 and sometimes 80% of Paul for 1/10 of the price and you get rid of a rough Emeka contract, you're rebuilding quick especially with 2011 free agency coming.

Hes on a rookie contract. you'll have to extend him sooner or later.

And Spurs aernt going to budge on moving Hill. There was a rumored report of Hill + Blair for Stat, and Spurs declined. Hill should be their backup if Manu leaves, or if Parker gets injured. That kid could play though.

What's gonna happen to Tmac? Should we resign him or let him walk? I gotta feeling he might be healthy by this October.

I think so too.. If he can come back to an All star talent then i would sign him
If he comes back and would be in and out the lineup..let him walk

But he did say he would only come back only if the Knicks signed someone.. & Money isn't an issue

If we resign McGrady I'm going to bust out my Ghillie suit, hide on my lawn and scare the #*%+ out of the first old person that walks by that reminds me of Donnie Walsh.

Originally Posted by Proshares

If we resign McGrady I'm going to bust out my Ghillie suit, hide on my lawn and scare the #*%+ out of the first old person that walks by that reminds me of Donnie Walsh.
i agree im not big on bringing back TMac. Too much ego and its not that i dont think that he will ball again, its that i dont think he will ever be as good as Gallo or Will again AND we are also looking to sign other swingmen like Bron, Wade, Johnson, etc. There really isnt too much that he can do for us at the 2 spot. We are just too swingman-deep. I wish him the best though

EDIT: not to mention 2 early 2nd round picks where we can potentially snag some decent talent to come off the bench in a relatively deep draft especially for swingmen. imo guys like Lance, Pondexter, Damion James, Jordan Crawford, Vasquez, Warren, etc. could all be potentially good options off the bench right off their rookie season and all have at least a chance to be available when we are picking.

But the thing is tmac said he'll take even the lowest offer so the knicks can get 2 big free agents. So o wouldn't mind have lebron, or bosh and then have tmac , I'll be happy with like this

Toney
tmac
lebron
bosh
(. )

I'm sure T-Mac won't take the lowest offer to stay on the team, but he said he would take a paycut, a deserved paycut. If McGrady comes back to something of his former self, he could easily snag the starting 2 or 3 position on a D'Antoni team. He wouldn't necessarily be taking the spot away from Gallo, but then you have to figure in your newly signed FA's (if any).

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

I'm sure T-Mac won't take the lowest offer to stay on the team, but he said he would take a paycut, a deserved paycut. If McGrady comes back to something of his former self, he could easily snag the starting 2 or 3 position on a D'Antoni team. He wouldn't necessarily be taking the spot away from Gallo, but then you have to figure in your newly signed FA's (if any).
Lets be real here. T-Mac will NEVER again be his old self. Not saying he was at full strength this season, and not saying i do not think he can play better than he did this season, but i never see TMAC averaging 17-18 ppg again let alone 20-30 like he used to. TMac may take a significant paycut to stay but he has a starters ego and would only do so as a starter. However there is no possible way i can see TMac as a starter again for us. He only started this season because Chandler got hurt, he will never be as good as the young, talented, and rapidly improving Gallo/Chandler. Bill Walker also showed some nice signs this year and he would be better to give minutes to off the bench because he can be content with that and he is young and can still improve by getting PT on a winning team. Add in the fact that we may take another swingman in the 2nd round considering the depth at the spot and that player would be in a similar spot as Walker, AND that nearly every player we are targeting in FA whether it is Bron, Wade, Johnson, Wade, Melo next season, etc. are all at the 2/3. Im not saying i dont see TMac improving but i do not see him ever being good enough to be a starter on a team as swingman heavy as we are, and keeping him around will only cause an unhappy TMac in the locker room and chemistry problems like in Houston this season. I do not see TMac staying on this team unless we trade Will or Gallo for a PG or Center AND we miss out on Lebron, Wade, AND Joe Johnson. If BOTH of those scenarios occur (not either/or) that is really the only way i can ever see TMac starting again so he can play the 2 next to which ever 3 we dont trade (Gallo or Will). 

This offseason is like Lost. Too many options, too many questions to answer, better off just sitting back and watching.

Back
Top Bottom