Courtney was too inconsistent last season for that title and is it stands right now I don't see him as a true 3pt threat

The only way it would be Cleveland pt 2 is if they don't land a top two pick and even with the third pick there's still talent at the pf position in the draft that could solidify that spot for them, and like I said before you're vastly underestimating the skill level of Brook Lopez especially if he's given a dominant leader to defer too

Honestly with a good coaching hire, a top three pick and a solid trade or role player or two there's no reason why the Nets can't be a top three team in the East next season with Lebron and a top team in the league in 2-3 seasons

Also for the guy bringing up Miami getting Boozer or Amare who's going to play center for them? What clutch shooters are they going to surround Wade with, who's their shut down perimeter defender? what about scoring off the bench

You see that's the reason why the Knicks are seen as having a chance for a possible championship run since they basically got most of the supporting cast all they need are the star players

Anyways just to make a last point the media speaks about Lebron wanting to become a global sports icon, a huge part of that is legacy ...... so you gotta ask yourself which teams are going to enable and enhance that legacy which is cemented in winning a championship ...... Cleveland would be the most logical choice only problem is they don't have enough cap flexibility in the foreseeable future to fix their gaping problems

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Trades
Trade Eddy Curry + #38+ #39 for Samuel Dalembert...Philly has been trying to trade Dalembert for years. He'd bring a presence on defense.

Roster
Dalembert
Bosh
LeBron
Chandler
Iverson

Gallinari
Walker
Douglas

I'd like to call this the allen plan in short.
laugh.gif

I like this alot, idk about Iverson tho

Lineup - Dalembert-Bosh-Gallo-Lebron-Douglas
Bench - Chandler-Sergio-Walker-[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)](Barron-TMac)[/color] Maybe

Whoever we can get between Dalembert or Parker for Curry's contract would be great.. Then we could try and sign and trade Lee for a better bench

In that lineup, everyone plays pretty good D too.. Did Walsh mention Dalembert?

Edit - I wish we can email trade scenarios to Walsh
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

1. Harris/ courtney lee
2. Turner/ CDR
3. Lebron/ T Will
4. David Lee ? / Yi jianlian
5. Lopez / humphries ?
How the %$*& is this team not top 3 in the league next year ?
indifferent.gif

1. Harris/ courtney lee
2. Turner/ CDR
3. Lebron/ T Will
4. David Lee ? / Yi jianlian
5. Lopez / humphries ?
How the %$*& is this team not top 3 in the league next year ?
indifferent.gif

Please tell me youre joking. You think that team will be a top 3 next year? Top 3???? When that core won less than 55 games in the last two years combined. Just fired a head coach this year. If the nets get lebron are they eVen going to have room to sign lee? You playing too much NBA 2k if you think that lineup is top 3 in the league

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

LeBron James reportedly called Bulls guard Derrick Rose to say that "he likes Rose's game, likes his team and would welcome the chance to play together."
Though emanating from the Chicago Daily Herald, this was first mentioned by ESPN reporter Scoop Jackson and then confirmed by a league source. It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme but is sure to kindle endless LeBron-to-Chicago rumors. May. 16 - 8:48 pm et
Source: Daily Herald

http://www.rotoworld.com/...d=927&line=136222&spln=1
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Originally Posted by fac3 tak30v312

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

people need to stop. lebron isnt going to the nets. if he does that, its going to be cleveland all over again. for that he might as well stay with cleveland.

bron needs another all star. in the league nowadays you need at least 2 star players to make a run. not to say devin harris isnt a star because he is, he just had an off year last year...but i think that the most likely scenario would be miami or the knicks. knicks can afford someone another superstar. i doubt miami going to get bron. why? cause i think there would be a clash of egos between lebron and wade. they are both very similar players. i dont know how things will work between them.

i think lebron really likes dantoni and that will DEFINITELY be a factor in all this. dantoni plays a short rotation, and we saw in the playoffs...bron wanted to play every minute and was bitter every time he got put on the bench. not only that, but the knicks can add to the team next year once eddy curry is off the books. out of all the teams who have a real shot at lebron...the knicks have the best chance to rebuild a squad. we only have 5 people on the books and 1 of them if coming off next year.

bulls- lets be real. i like the bulls but other than derrick rose...that team is nothing. that team has alot of issues. they need a post scorer and they also need shooters. everyone praising noah. the kid got heart but noah sure as hell wont win chips for you. you cant put the team on noah's back.

so to me the most likely options are cleveland, knicks, or miami. i dont even picture him signing with miami but hey...anything can happen and this is my opinion

im not going to say anything else about lebron until that man signs to a team
You are extremely biased if you don't think the Nets have a better foundation than Cleveland and will put Lebron in a better position to win a title. They arleady have two very good players in Harris and Lopez, a guaranteed top 5 pick that will be an excellent player, and a good supporting cast. Add Lee to that group with Lebron and you have the makings of a perennial contender in the East.

Am I really being biased? Is that nets team going to beat anyone in the west if they reach the finals? Are they even going to beat a heat team with an Amare or boozer or another star added to the lineup? Is that team even going to beat orlando? I hope you don't think so or am I still being biased

You're blinded by the Nets record this season and truly how skilled a center Brook Lopez is .. If Lebron wants to win a chip immediately then chances are Cleveland is a close shut choice with Miami as a good second choice ....... but if he wants to build a legacy then out of all the teams the Nets is the best choice .. . NO chances are they aren't going to win a 'ship next season but I doubt the ultimate goal is that short sighted. My best guess is the NJ Nets best selling point is when they are set to move to Brooklyn in two seasons the team should be seasoned enough to compete for several championships

IF anything this years Nets record was not due to a lack of talent, but instead a lack of leadership .. As it stands right right IF Lebron goes to the Nets their next biggest need would be to find a dead eye shooter and probably a scorer off the bench if either Lee or douglas-roberts doesn't fill that role

ya'll got me feeling like stevie wonder cause i just dont see it. cant see them even winning a chip even down the road. Way too many better teams with way more potential EVEN IF lebron goes to the nets. im not being blinded by this year's record cause i know the nets have talent. im just saying their talent wouldnt be enough even with bron there. and like i said originally...it would be cleveland part 2.
nah i don't play 2K, game was awful this year.

Here's my plan.

- Pray and then Sign LeBron and Bosh.

- Buy late first round pick for backup guard or big man.

LeBron
Douglas
Chandler
Gallo
Bosh

Be a Top 3 team in the East next season.

Eddy's deal comes off..

Sign Tony Parker and Tyson Chandler, both who will be UFA that summer. Unfortunately say good bye to Will at this point.

Parker
LeBron
Gallo
Bosh
Chandler

Douglas
Walker
Whoever we draft this year and next.

Have multiple parades.

team nyk summit put on hold
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

oh yeah, lets continue the random video countdown, #44

Spoiler [+]

[h1]Knick Brass Sees Level Playing Field For LeBron[/h1]May 17, 2010 11:29 AM EST

DAntoni_Mike_nyk.jpg
According to Marc Berman, the feeling throughout the New York organization is that the Knicks will be on a level playing field with the Cavs in the competition to sign LeBron James this summer.

"I feel good about the possibility of being a very good team next year," Mike D'Antoni said Sunday. "I don't know anything yet about the main guy [James]. I really don't have a clue and I don't think anyone knows. But I am confident we can make it right. I do feel we're in a good position -- either way."

The Knicks believe that James needs to be surrounded by a shooter and another player who can find his offense in the fourth quarter.

D'Antoni also expressed high hopes for Bill Walker which would seem to indicate that the team plans on retaining him. The Knicks hold an option to waive the final two years of Walker's contract.
[h1]Walsh Denies Rumors Of Poor Health[/h1]
May 17, 2010 8:08 AM EST

Knicks president Donnie Walsh has laughed off Internet rumors that his health has declined and that his limp has grown more pronounced.

The reports speculated that Walsh, 69, may not be fit enough to finish off New York's rebuilding plan.

Walsh acknowledged he has a bad hip and revealed he eventually will need hip-replacement surgery. He has three years left on his five-year contract.

"I've had a bad hip since I walked into the Garden," Walsh told The New York Post. "I guess I must be falling apart. I have a bad hip and haven't had time to take care of it because I'm too busy and don't have time for the rehab.

"But it's not a big issue. I'm not breaking apart. There's nothing I can't do."

Knicks to Pull Out All Stops to Lure James?

spacer.gif

Posted: 5/17/2010 5:43:00 AM
Source: Frank Isola of the New York Daily News

And since the Knicks don't have a successful team to use as a selling point, the club intends to use any and every resource possible to convince (LeBron) James that New York is the only place big enough for the NBA's two-time MVP.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh has refused to discuss what plans the Knicks have in store for James, who is expected to make visits to Chicago, Miami and perhaps the Nets and Los Angeles as well. Besides the Knicks formally calling James at midnight and giving him a tour of what the renovated Madison Square Garden will look like, little is known about the team's plans.

Several sources claim the Knicks will seek the help of James' favorite team, the Yankees, as well as an assortment of celebrities from movies and music. And since James has talked about becoming the pro sports' first billionaire team athlete, the Knicks will likely call upon a number of power brokers from the business world. Expect Donald Trump to be available.

just so everyone knows tickets are selling extreemly fast. the cheapest pairs of season tickets are now in the 70 dollar price range. they sold everything cheaper already. (except there were a few single seats)

[h1]Hollinger: Bosh Is Best Partner For LeBron This Summer[/h1] Stats guru John Hollinger of ESPN applies a range of criteria foranalyzing who would be the ideal sidekick for LeBron James among theother free-agents and players on teams that have enough cap room tosign James.
Chris Bosh ranked the best teammate for James, followed by DirkNowitzki, David Lee, Amar'e Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer. Derrick Roseranks eighth on Hollinger's list and Dwyane Wade ranks ninth.

Hollinger calls Bosh "the perfect companion" and says Lee is "nearperfect," though he notes that neither Lee nor Boozer is adequatedefensively.

Bill Simmons of ESPN contends that James should sign with the Bulls and pair with Rose.

Louis Roxin of RealGM comes to the same conclusion as Hollinger -- that Bosh would make an ideal running mate for James.
Via ESPN

[h1]When LeBron James hits the free agent market, expect New York Knicks to launch star-studded pursuit[/h1]
BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Sunday, May 16th 2010, 9:40 PM

Grant and Tamia Hill had heard testimonials from Jerry Seinfeld and Spike Lee urging the couple to make New York their home and the Knicks their team for the next six years.

It was an impressive presentation for a franchise that in the summerof 2000 was trying to sign Hill to a roster that already includedHill's boyhood idol, Patrick Ewing, as well as Latrell Sprewell and Allan Houston. The Hills were flattered that the Knicks had flown a small army to Detroit that included Chazz Palminteri, Star Jones and the late Peter Boyle.

Everything was going smoothly until the actor Leon appeared on avideo screen to clue Hill into some of the other benefits of being abig star in the Big Apple.

"Looking back it was funny," Hill says. "He told me that if I cameto New York I'll have loads of women. My wife just looked at me. Shewasn't smiling."

Hill eventually worked out a sign-and-trade with the Pistons and ended up with the Orlando Magic. The Leon faux pas wasn't a deal-breaker. The Knicks simply didn't have the salary-cap space to sign Hill.

That won't be the case this time around. The Knicks have thefinancial flexibility to sign two "max" free agents and their plan isto sign LeBron James and any player LeBron James wants to play with.

It's an obvious yet ambitious plan that the Knicks will carry outbeginning at 12:01 on July 1, when James can officially become a freeagent. The Knicks have recruited free agents before but no one of themagnitude of James, who is being courted by just about every team inthe league.

And since the Knicks don't have a successful team to use as aselling point, the club intends to use any and every resource possibleto convince James that New York is the only place big enough for the NBA's two-time MVP.

"They'll probably do it in a way that no one else can do it," Hilltold the Daily News. "For a lot of these guys it will be the first timethey've been recruited. A lot of these guys didn't go to college. A guylike LeBron, he never went through that experience. The Knicks aregoing to do it right."

John Gabriel,the Knicks' director of pro scouting and free agency, is the lead manin recruiting James. Ten years ago, Gabriel was the Orlando generalmanager when the club signed Tracy McGrady and Hill to max contracts after failing to convince Tim Duncan to leave San Antonio.It is worth noting that the Magic never won a playoff series withMcGrady and Hill, who was injured during most of his time in Orlando.But Gabriel was successful in signing two of the three biggest freeagents that summer.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b.../2010-05-17_a_kings_ransom.html#ixzz0oEm5Wmuz

lol i dont know if this has been posted im probably late but its very
laugh.gif

too lazy to check back pages bcuz its probably a lot of pages of LBJ talk
laugh.gif

but this is funny

102030418-ac7ae24bf8c24946bbc36d3d3eaf39fe.4bf1ec5a-full.jpg

[h2]Why Is Everyone Against LeBron Coming to New York?[/h2]
20100517_james_560x375.jpg

Photo: Ezra Shaw/Getty Images

Beforegame one of the Eastern Conference Finals yesterday — the seriesthat doesn't have LeBron James and the Cavaliers — the ESPN/ABCpregame crew discussed the future of LeBron James. We will confess, theESPN/ABC crew is not among our favorites: Stuart Scott is Stuart Scott,Jon Barry talks Very Seriously about nothing much in particular,Michael Wilbon gives in to his more sycophantic tendencies and MagicJohnson ... well, one would have thought by now that someone would havetaken Magic aside and gently informed him he's incomprehensible ontelevision, but if it's been twenty years and it still hasn't happened,it's probably too late. Anyway, they were talking potential landingspots for LeBron, and no one liked the Knicks. Barry actually said the Clipperswould be a better place to go. Isn't this strange? Wasn't it just a fewmonths ago that the general consensus was Cleveland or New York?

Itwas, actually, but that was a time when the question was different. Thequestion, really, was: Would LeBron stay in a place like Cleveland,where he could win several titles, or would he leave, so he could makemore money and become a more global icon? The assumption was that hecould win the most titles with Cleveland. No one assumes that anymore.

But now Chicago is in the picture, and New Jersey, and the Clippers— even Miami: The Knicks are considered the selfish pick, theLeBron Doesn't Care About Winning pick. It has become the generalconsensus: Bill Simmons wrote last week that going to New York was the "Sonny Corleone Move," making LeBron's free agency roughly the 452,239th sports occurrence Simmons has compared to The Godfather.Simmons does rightly point out that saving basketball in New York andwinning the Knicks a title would be the "best available accomplishmentin team sports right now," but is still insistent that the Bulls arethe pick. We think it's because he's rooting against the Knicks gettingLeBron. We think everybody is.

One of the reasons we've enjoyed writing about the Knicks over thelast couple of seasons is that, in a completely rare experience for NewYork sports fans, the Knicks have been underdogs. We've had pleasantupstarts, shocking upsets, wretched slumps, weird lineups, all kinds ofwackiness — the kind of charming randomness that happens when noone expects you to win. We thought, by this point, after the lastdecade of pain, the rest of basketball might consider the Knicks theunderdog franchise that we do. But the actual possibility that LeBronmight leave Cleveland — as opposed to the theoretical it wasbefore the flameout against the Celtics — has made observers turnon the Knicks. They see the Knicks as the Yankees: LeBron James isAlbert Pujols, and everyone in the league who isn't the Knicks are theCardinals. People have accepted that LeBron might leave Cleveland(even, strangely, Cavs fans), but the impurity, the crass move, appearsto be going to the Knicks. It seems like cheating to the rest of thesport; New York, once again, getting whomever it wants.

That the Knicks have worked like crazy to build up the capital to goafter LeBron, that they couldn't just toss money around like theYankees, is beside the point. If LeBron joins the Knicks, people aregoing to be mad; if he joins the Bulls or the Clippers or the Nets,they won't be. If there's any solace to be had in that, know thatdespite the pain of the last decade, people still love to hate theKnicks. That's news you can use.

Sergio Rodriguez announced today that within one week he will decide his future, adding that he hopes to play for Spain in the summer FIBA World Championship. "It was a particular year for me. I have started with Kings and then I moved to New York. Knicks told me they would like to count on me for the future. But other NBA teams are interested in me and I am making the final decision whether staying in USA or returning to Europe" said Rodriguez. "The three years I have spent in Portland were great and I grew as a person and as a player but with Knicks was the best experience of my life". Sportando

[h1]Isiah makes LeBron pitch[/h1]By MARC BERMAN
Spoiler [+]
Former Knicks president and coach Isiah Thomas had a nightmare stint in New York, but he still would recommend to LeBron James to accept the daunting challenge of being the Knicks' savior.

Thomas, head coach of Florida International, told Sid Rosenberg on Miami radio yesterday that James should welcome the task of performing where the microscope is sharpest and passion is greatest.

"Yeah, I would, because the fans show up every single night," Thomas said. "They may boo, but they are there. The media is definitely tough on you. But there is no more passionate fans. That passion can be stirred to love you to death or to hate you.

"As an athlete, a competitor -- at least me -- you want to be in that arena. I want to feel that sweat, I want to feel that intensity. I want to feel that emotion. That's what I thrive on."
While Thomas was sharing his two cents about the superstar free agent's destination, another college coach was being linked to James.

A Chicago Tribune report yesterday stated that one of James' advisors, William Wesley, approached the Bulls, saying that if the team hires Kentucky coach John Calipari, James might follow. Through Wesley, James has become friends with Calipari, who bombed with the Nets in his lone NBA coaching stint and is considered by most NBA general managers a college coach.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh has no interest in Calipari. Feeling Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni, who has two years and $12 million left on his pact, is the right guy to recruit superstars such as James, Walsh told The Post Sunday, "He's a big plus."

Before the 2008 Olympics, when James and the new Knicks coach were in Manhattan with Team USA on a promotional appearance, James offered glowing praise for D'Antoni.

"It's been great working with him," he said. "He's one of the best coaches we have in the league. He's an offensive mastermind. If you like to score the basketball, he can make decent players a lot better because of his scheme. He's unbelievable on the offensive end."

However, during the regular season, after a 124-93 victory over the Knicks on March 1, James replied cryptically when asked if he could play for a team that does not stress defense.

"I've yet to play for a team that doesn't like defense in my career," James said.

[h1]LeBron James reaches out to Eddy Curry, a move that may harm New York Knicks' chances in free agency[/h1]
BY Frank Isola
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

alg_lebron_dunks.jpg

Cherney/AP
LeBron James' decision on whether or not to sign with the New York Knicks this offseason could be swayed by what Eddy Curry (b.) has to say about coach Mike D'Antoni.

LeBron James has reached out to the Knicks, which may or may not be such a good thing for Donnie Walsh's club.

James, according to a source, has contacted Knicks center Eddy Curry about working out together at some point during the offseason. There may be nothing more to it than the fact that James and Curry are represented by the same agent, Leon Rose. James and Curry also have close ties to noted NBA power broker William Wesley, whom the Knicks put in charge of Curry's workouts last summer.

But Curry's involvement in the Knicks' recruitment of James is interesting since the veteran center has had a famous falling-out with head coach Mike D'Antoni, which began as far back as D'Antoni's first practice with the Knicks.

The crux of their problem is that Curry has rarely been healthy or in shape since D'Antoni was hired. In fact, Curry has appeared in just 10 games over the past two seasons, a number that would be unacceptable to any coach.

Curry, however, according to team sources, feels that D'Antoni never gave him a fair chance and that he set him up for failure by pulling him from the lineup in early January just as Curry was attempting his comeback.

Curry even elected to have knee surgery during the season rather than wait until late April because he was convinced that D'Antoni wouldn't play him.

If James were to ask Curry about D'Antoni, chances are that Curry would not provide a glowing report. Several Knicks complained during the season about D'Antoni's lack of communication over their roles and status.

Whether that hurts the Knicks' chances of signing James remains to be seen. There seems to be no doubt that James and "my team" as he calls his agent, adviser and friends, are doing as much research as possible on prospective teams.

Nate Robinson, who left the Knicks on bad terms with D'Antoni, had told friends after the trade with Boston that if James asked him about New York he would tell him it's a great place to play.

Curry, however, hasn't had the same experience as Robinson, who was always a fan favorite.

What does help the Knicks is Curry's strong relationship with Walsh, the Knicks' president. Even though Garden chairman James Dolan stepped in last summer and demanded that Curry lose an unspecified amount of weight or face a fine, Curry felt that Walsh always had his best interests at heart.

Monday, Walsh reiterated that he is still optimistic that Curry can be an asset to the team. Curry's expiring contract instantly makes him an asset, but Walsh is talking about Curry making an impact on the court.

"There aren't many guys out there that can play with their back to the basket and score the way he does," Walsh said. "He's been working out here in New York so we'll see where he's at."

Walsh added that he was unaware of Curry and James making plans to work out. It is unclear if Wesley, better known as "World Wide Wes," will be involved in the workouts. Wesley is emerging as a prominent figure in the James sweepstakes.

There are reports that Wesley, who represents Kentucky coach John Calipari, is trying to leverage his client in a package deal with James. Three teams with salary cap space - the Nets, Bulls and Clippers - all have coaching vacancies.

i havent posted in a min.

but curry and james working out? oh god please

I STILL HAVE FAITH IN YOU. YOU FATSO I HAVE FAITHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

they worked out together last summer as well. i know the knicks rented a house for eddy curry in ocean city, nj for him to train and lose weight.

Some of you dudes seem to really be letting your dislike for the Nets blind your view of their potential to be a SERIOUS contender if LBJ signs w/NJ.

As for Bosh... I just don't see him being a good compliment to LBJ for some reason. But we'll see.

Yea, they'll be a contender is they sign LeBron. But (the way I see it) that core won 12 games together and all of a sudden they are this very deep team. They have a lot of potential, I will definitely give them that. With LeBron there, how much time will those wing players really see and how much a difference will they make. What's separating them from a Moon or Parker? If they get Wall, he's still a rookie PG coming into the L. If you don't and stick with Harris that's another ball dominant guard who will lose his effectiveness with LeBron on the team. Like I said, if they sign Bron of course they're a contending team but then again so would any other team he signs with.

Bosh would be the best compliment to him IMO. A big man who can play inside and is one of the best rebounders in the league and he won't ever clog up the lane for Bron. He's not flatfooted like Shaq, he can take his game outside and nail open or contested mid range shots. Perfect for Bron. Just like Brook would be a great sidekick as well.

Originally Posted by DubA169

[h2]Why Is Everyone Against LeBron Coming to New York?[/h2]
20100517_james_560x375.jpg

Photo: Ezra Shaw/Getty Images

Beforegame one of the Eastern Conference Finals yesterday — the seriesthat doesn't have LeBron James and the Cavaliers — the ESPN/ABCpregame crew discussed the future of LeBron James. We will confess, theESPN/ABC crew is not among our favorites: Stuart Scott is Stuart Scott,Jon Barry talks Very Seriously about nothing much in particular,Michael Wilbon gives in to his more sycophantic tendencies and MagicJohnson ... well, one would have thought by now that someone would havetaken Magic aside and gently informed him he's incomprehensible ontelevision, but if it's been twenty years and it still hasn't happened,it's probably too late. Anyway, they were talking potential landingspots for LeBron, and no one liked the Knicks. Barry actually said the Clipperswould be a better place to go. Isn't this strange? Wasn't it just a fewmonths ago that the general consensus was Cleveland or New York?

Itwas, actually, but that was a time when the question was different. Thequestion, really, was: Would LeBron stay in a place like Cleveland,where he could win several titles, or would he leave, so he could makemore money and become a more global icon? The assumption was that hecould win the most titles with Cleveland. No one assumes that anymore.

But now Chicago is in the picture, and New Jersey, and the Clippers— even Miami: The Knicks are considered the selfish pick, theLeBron Doesn't Care About Winning pick. It has become the generalconsensus: Bill Simmons wrote last week that going to New York was the "Sonny Corleone Move," making LeBron's free agency roughly the 452,239th sports occurrence Simmons has compared to The Godfather.Simmons does rightly point out that saving basketball in New York andwinning the Knicks a title would be the "best available accomplishmentin team sports right now," but is still insistent that the Bulls arethe pick. We think it's because he's rooting against the Knicks gettingLeBron. We think everybody is.

One of the reasons we've enjoyed writing about the Knicks over thelast couple of seasons is that, in a completely rare experience for NewYork sports fans, the Knicks have been underdogs. We've had pleasantupstarts, shocking upsets, wretched slumps, weird lineups, all kinds ofwackiness — the kind of charming randomness that happens when noone expects you to win. We thought, by this point, after the lastdecade of pain, the rest of basketball might consider the Knicks theunderdog franchise that we do. But the actual possibility that LeBronmight leave Cleveland — as opposed to the theoretical it wasbefore the flameout against the Celtics — has made observers turnon the Knicks. They see the Knicks as the Yankees: LeBron James isAlbert Pujols, and everyone in the league who isn't the Knicks are theCardinals. People have accepted that LeBron might leave Cleveland(even, strangely, Cavs fans), but the impurity, the crass move, appearsto be going to the Knicks. It seems like cheating to the rest of thesport; New York, once again, getting whomever it wants.

That the Knicks have worked like crazy to build up the capital to goafter LeBron, that they couldn't just toss money around like theYankees, is beside the point. If LeBron joins the Knicks, people aregoing to be mad; if he joins the Bulls or the Clippers or the Nets,they won't be. If there's any solace to be had in that, know thatdespite the pain of the last decade, people still love to hate theKnicks. That's news you can use.
THANK YOU!!!! Great article, 
eyes.gif
 thats its true. After 10 years of of below par basketball, after only two championships, after Reggie Miller & Michael Jordan, everyone still hates us. Can we finally win please??

Back
Top Bottom