Originally Posted by you go boy

so can the knicks draft anybody decent in the second round? and even if they buy a late draft pick who can they get? i wanted gordon from butler but he might be a top 20 pick at least... but maybe vasquez from maryland can be there by the second round... he would be a decent pickup
Lance Stephenson would an interesting candidate.

I'd be happy if our 2 second rounders were spent on Varnado and Stephenson. Keeping Lance in NY might be the wrong move, but he's got the talent to be a real good role player, if his ego allows it.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Forbes: LeBron Could Buy Ownership In Knicks
May 18, 2010 10:35 PM EST
The National Editor of Forbes predicts that LeBron James will join theKnicks, with one of the major financial drivers being James’ ability tobuy shares in the publicly-traded New York franchise.

The Knicks cannot compensate James with shares in the organization,Madison Square Garden, but James would be able to invest his personalwealth to acquire the public stocks. The theory is that these stockswould dramatically increase in value with James playing for the Knicks.

“Now I am telling you next season LeBron will be playing for the NewYork Knicks because this January they became the only franchise thatcan use their stock as currency,

Originally Posted by viiheaven

This about the time of the year I hate. I don't know jack about college basketball.
Me too.  I'll know the big names/lottery players but I just can't keep up with all the new kids, especially in this one and done era.

1272719861.gif

Dub, if that's true...
smh.gif

And I already promised myself not to get serious on LeBron coming. 
nerd.gif

This about the time of the year I hate. I don't know jack about college basketball.
Nov-March I follow college bball like crazy and barely follow the (meaningless) NBA regular season outside of watching Knicks games.
I watch about 10-12 college games each week.  Gotta a question on a prospect, let me know and I'll at least offer what I can on it.

That being said, I hope we don't go anywhere near Varnado or Stephenson.  Varnado is a twig who got pushed around enough in a lackluster SEC in his career.  He's not going to make it in the NBA, even if he was a great collegiate shot blocker.  Just doesn't have the strength.  Plus he's a head case.  Stephenson, meh.  Just don't think he's got what it takes to make it in the league either.  Underwhelming year at Cinncy.  Will benefit from the iso game in the NBA but I'm not sold on him regardless of that.

If we keep our 2nd rounders, I hope one of them is Sherron Collins (depending on what vet PG Walsh thinks we can sign) and if not him then Jerome Randle is another PG I'd like to take a chance on.  Collins is a leader, tough defender and decent playmaker and can finish in traffic.  He's kinda similar to Douglas but smaller and not as good of a shooter.  But I like tough, defensive PG's.  Vazquez from Maryland is intriguing, he was a turnover machine for much of his career at Maryland but he's got some size, plays extremely hard and could flourish in our system.  Not a shooter at all, but he's a gamer.  Makes enough bad plays to make you pound your head against the wall.  Me might be the best option out of Collins/Randle/Vazquez because he's got size and is a much different type of player from Douglas.  Could be helpful in throwing different looks at the opposition.

[h1]Knicks' Wilson Chandler caught with pot: cops[/h1]
By LARRY CELONA

Knicks forward Wilson Chandler was busted on a pot possession charge after cops pulled him over last night in Queens, police said.

Chandler, who turned 23 last week, was carrying what was described as a "small amount" of marijuana when cops pulled over the 2010 Mercedes-Benz he was riding in near 94th Avenue and 213th Street in Queens at 11:30 p.m., police said.

Cops decided to search Chandler after they smelled marijuana coming from the vehicle, police said. Chandler was issued a desk appearance ticket for the misdemeanor charge.

Chandler missed the final month of the season because of a strained groin; He is scheduled to undergo a sports hernia surgery and will need six to eight weeks to recover. Chandler was drafted by the Knicks in 2007.

122209Knicks07ACNY071853--300x300.jpg

The Nets failing to get a top 2 pick knocked them out of the Lebron sweepstakes imo, and i REFUSE to believe Dolan actually made that move he's not capable of doing something so brilliant

Originally Posted by ehh

Nov-March I follow college bball like crazy and barely follow the (meaningless) NBA regular season outside of watching Knicks games.
I watch about 10-12 college games each week.  Gotta a question on a prospect, let me know and I'll at least offer what I can on it.

That being said, I hope we don't go anywhere near Varnado or Stephenson.  Varnado is a twig who got pushed around enough in a lackluster SEC in his career.  He's not going to make it in the NBA, even if he was a great collegiate shot blocker.  Just doesn't have the strength.  Plus he's a head case.  Stephenson, meh.  Just don't think he's got what it takes to make it in the league either.  Underwhelming year at Cinncy.  Will benefit from the iso game in the NBA but I'm not sold on him regardless of that.

If we keep our 2nd rounders, I hope one of them is Sherron Collins (depending on what vet PG Walsh thinks we can sign) and if not him then Jerome Randle is another PG I'd like to take a chance on.  Collins is a leader, tough defender and decent playmaker and can finish in traffic.  He's kinda similar to Douglas but smaller and not as good of a shooter.  But I like tough, defensive PG's.  Vazquez from Maryland is intriguing, he was a turnover machine for much of his career at Maryland but he's got some size, plays extremely hard and could flourish in our system.  Not a shooter at all, but he's a gamer.  Makes enough bad plays to make you pound your head against the wall.  Me might be the best option out of Collins/Randle/Vazquez because he's got size and is a much different type of player from Douglas.  Could be helpful in throwing different looks at the opposition.

I would take Varnado.  He is a great shot blocker and big deal its only a 2nd rd pick.

Originally Posted by raw120

Originally Posted by ehh

I would take Varnado.  He is a great shot blocker and big deal its only a 2nd rd pick.
You can find value in this draft from until about where our picks are.  I don't want us to just throw them away.  Varnado would be in constant foul trouble in the league as well.  I know we need help inside defensively but I don't think Varnado has a future in the NBA.

a kid that gave up his own scholarship to be a walk on his SR year to benefit his team is a head case?

I work with stocks, own som MSG myself. Been steadily increasing over the last two months.

laugh.gif
#@# is Will doing that deep in Jamaica that time of night? Of course the dude has to have weed on him, no other reason to be in the damn 200's in Queens
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

a kid that gave up his own scholarship to be a walk on his SR year to benefit his team is a head case?
Didn't mean in that regard.  He has no mental toughness.  Easily gets flustered and commits stupid fouls, that sorta thing.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I work with stocks, own som MSG myself. Been steadily increasing over the last two months.

laugh.gif
#@# is Will doing that deep in Jamaica that time of night? Of course the dude has to have weed on him, no other reason to be in the damn 200's in Queens
laugh.gif

well maybe lebron already bought stock. or people around him. But that is a very, very big deal.

chandler was in too nice of a car in that area, that's why he got  pulled over. how the hell you gonna be an NBA player and you can't have someone get weed for you? i bet you it wasn't even exotics
laugh.gif

and yeah i know it probably wasn't Dolan, but whoever it was made an excellent decision. i hate dolan as much as the next guy, but he seems to be doing everything he can to get lebron. And he was right about not brining in Iverson.  i honestly think the stock stuff is more important for Bosh if we want to lure him. Because the raps may not want to do a sign and trade with us.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Seriously, I used to live around those parts only thing I was going out for that time of night is beer, cigarettes, crown fried or some weed
laugh.gif

With Bosh think about it this way, what major ads have you ever seen him in or what products have you seen him pushing? Dude is a major star in the NBA and I can't remember seeing him in one commercial outside of the Olympic stuff. I dunno how the TV markets him in our hat but imagine what it would be like in NYC. That has to play a factor, no?

Seriously, I used to live around those parts only thing I was going out for that time of night is beer, cigarettes, crown fried or some weed
laugh.gif

With Bosh think about it this way, what major ads have you ever seen him in or what products have you seen him pushing? Dude is a major star in the NBA and I can't remember seeing him in one commercial outside of the Olympic stuff. I dunno how the TV markets him in our hat but imagine what it would be like in NYC. That has to play a factor, no?

i want to say yes, but i really don't know. i've been following every statement and move of lebron's for two years, i feel like i know his priorities to some degree. i don't know anything about Bosh except that he's a country boy, smarter than the average NBA player from what i've seen, doesn't like cold wheather, and hated the media in toronto.

if that extra year is all he cares about, then he won't want to come here and try to get advertisements. lebron is what the city wants to go crazy over, not Bosh. However then i look at players like Pau and Odem who have benifitted from their surroundings. long term, after the b ball is done, it will be very good for Bosh if he came here.

if he comes, doesn't gets injured, renegotiates after we get his bird rights, he will lose about 6-8 million not 30, which can be seen as an investment. however with the new CBA nobody knows what the salaries will be like. Therefore the stocks are much more important for Bosh imo. lebron will get major money regardless. that's just icing on the cake. i don't know Bosh's potential wealth in NYC.

remmeber that we can't hand them over shares, they have to buy their own. but the cavs orginization was worth hundreds of millions of dollars more after lebron.... so just imagine the knicks
pimp.gif

this is the first real piece of news that i think is important. this isn't a yankee hat or house hunting. this is a serious ace up their sleeve.

lmao, yo, go to the bulls thread, them N's literally convince themselves they got Lebron tied on and that hes gonna be a bull,

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

lmao, yo, go to the bulls thread, them N's literally convince themselves they got Lebron tied on and that hes gonna be a bull,

The Bulls' chances, which were never that great to begin with, pretty much ended yesterday (along with NJ) once it was announced that Frank or Cheeks will be their next head coach.  LeBron is not going to play for either one of those dudes and he doesn't fit in with their current pieces anyway.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

I'll NEVER look in that thread, just off the strength them clowns made it ONE SECOND after THE Chris Broussard claimed them to be the front runner.

Back
Top Bottom