Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Things would be interesting if we found out Dirk was serious about leaving Dallas/testing the FA waters.

Next summer should be Melo or bust. Durant aint cutting it.
Wait....
You would rather have Melo than KD?????
Yeah.

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

players can't sign until the 8th, but can they say who they are signing with? Other wise this Thursday doesn't mean much.
Yea players can announce any time they want after the first but they just cant officially sign until the 8th. Ben Gordon announced a couple days after the first last

players can't sign until the 8th, but can they say who they are signing with? Other wise this Thursday doesn't mean much.
Has there ever been a case where a player has verbally agreed to sign with a team and then reneged and signed with another a week later? I mean things have been very different from previous FA summers. All these teams are on the verge of tampering
laugh.gif
so it appears like all these players are already talking to teams in depth due to these constant rumors and reports.

Why you think there's so many reports of  "done deals" tho?, putting this summer aside, usually when you hear reports like that the player and the team already have a non-public verbal agreement, then everything else is just a waiting game and then finally to put on a show.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

TMac is shot. No reason to bring him back when you have good, young wings.

For the vet minimum, sure. But he's not taking that.

they said the same about grant hill. all i'm saying is nobody forced him to say what he said about playing for pennies if we get superstars

who knows if lebron or mike d would even want him tho

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

There is no way we can offer NO the huge expiring contract of Curry with young players like Chandler, Douglas or maybe even gallo for Cp3?
If you're NO, would you make that deal?

There's not a chance Gallinari wouldn't be involved if they were to consider it.  Curry's expiring and Chandler aren't going to cut it, and while I think Douglas can be a solid PG with the right players around him, New Orleans has Collison.

Damn bro you didn't have to crush my dream that quick.
frown.gif

Then what are we going to do!

Originally Posted by jmause3

Yea players can announce any time they want after the first but they just cant officially sign until the 8th. Ben Gordon announced a couple days after the first last

thank you, you dirty bulls fan (if you guys get him) other wise
pimp.gif

[h1]Knick Official: LeBron To Bulls 'Not Even Close' To Done Deal[/h1]
Jun 28, 2010 7:09 PM EST

Two of the fiercest competitors for LeBron James appear to be the Knicks and Bulls.

A team official with the Knicks who did not wish to be identified told The New York Times that James is still within New York's grasp.

"It’s not even close to being a done deal," the official said about a general manager's statement that he thought both James and Chris Bosh were certain to sign with the Bulls.

In the meantime, Donnie Walsh continues to insist that his free-agency plans do not revolve around any one player.

How come David lee didn't get fined when he said he can see himself being a good fit with Bron?

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

How come David lee didn't get fined when he said he can see himself being a good fit with Bron?
umm why would he get fined?
Isn't that tampering? He is still a Knick until July 1st ? or am i wrong

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

What's Better?

Bron+Dirk
Bron+Bosh

?

Bron+Dirk
Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if Dirk gets some attention next week, when everything begins.. I know he respect Coach alot, and like Gallo.. I don't think he's asking for max either, just a long term contract.

[h1]Rockets Will Try To Woo Bosh With Truckloads Of Fans[/h1]
Jun 28, 2010 7:18 PM EST

Bosh_Chris_tor.jpg
The Rockets' lead free-agent target remains Chris Bosh whom they hope to acquire by working out a sign-and-trade deal with Toronto.

Based on their fans' suggestions, the team is planning to send three trucks' worth of Rockets' fans to their free-agent meetings.

GIFSoup

[h1]Wade Says None Of Top Free Agents Has Made Decision[/h1]
Jun 28, 2010 7:04 PM EST

Wade_Dwyane_mia.jpg
Dwyane Wade denied making any firm free-agency plans, including a trip to visit any team.

"I haven’t set anything in stone," Wade said. "It’s funny when you hear these things come out, especially when they come out about you."

Wade will let the process play out before making his decision.

"But none of us know what’s going to happen," he said, referring to himself and the other top free agents. "Not LeBron. Not me. Not Chris. Not any of us, right now.

"I love Miami and everyone knows that. We worked hard to put ourselves in this position. But as a free agent, you explore everything and see what happens."

A barrage of conflicting claims about free agents' intentions -- many of which claim that certain players have already made up their minds -- are littering the airwaves and Web as the start of free agency nears.

a player cant be hit with tampering especially saying he would be a good fit a long another player and what not, thats ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by copped

Yeah, Nick Friedell is a chicago writer who will try to say anything to get lebron in chicago, but no question when he arrives, they will not immortalize lebron just like jordan.

Jordan will always be seen as the one and lebron will just be seen as a second great player who just brought us a few championships. The love chicago fans have for jordan cannot surpass....It just wont...even if he wins 7-8 the thing will be 'jordan played against better players'

there will always be some !%*@...but if he does it elsewhere lets say NY, Nets, etc. they wont even give a !%*@ about jordan..best thing about NY is many knicks fan hated jordan...and if lebron wins...everyone will say lebron>jordan

i just wish knicks had a complete roster to offer lebron, then this wouldn't even be a freaking question.

frown.gif

Yea I'm not sure you actually read the article or not but I can tell you know absolutely nothing about Bulls fans, matter fact Chicago sports in general. We don't go around comparing our current players to Mike, or worrying about whether they will live up to what Mike did we know that can't be done so we embrace them for what they are doing for us right here and right now.  We understand what Mike did and why it was so special and do not expect it to be duplicated, we just want to win.  Noone here is expecting him to be Mike, we just want to win to get back to that feeling again... The only time any other bulls player that has ever been mentioned in comparison to Mike is Pippen during the 93-94 season and thats because people wanted to see if he could do it as "The Man" and he almost did a few bad calls away from taking us back to the Chip... Even picked up an MVP... But as I was saying we tend not to compare people to MJ, that happens enough everywhere else.

As far as LeBron being the 2nd great player... I think that's working out pretty well for Kobe out in L.A., hell Pierce, KG, Ray in Boston... Its not about what they did in the uniform its about what you do... If you win you're immortalized point blank period, any person with common sense should be able to see that.

laugh.gif
you realize you just proved my point?

the mentality that it isn't possible won't allow him to be better...

why can't he? lebron has a better chance to be better than MJ than kobe i think, stats and rings wise.

just has to play his cards right and go somewhere who does believe he is the greatest ever, or at least can be.

that is: The New York Knicks

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Has there ever been a case where a player has verbally agreed to sign with a team and then reneged and signed with another a week later? I mean things have been very different from previous FA summers. All these teams are on the verge of tampering
laugh.gif
so it appears like all these players are already talking to teams in depth due to these constant rumors and reports.

Why you think there's so many reports of  "done deals" tho?, putting this summer aside, usually when you hear reports like that the player and the team already have a non-public verbal agreement, then everything else is just a waiting game and then finally to put on a show.

Didn't Boozer do that? Or something very similar. 

For those on Twitter, you guys should follow @LarryCoon...he's a salary cap expert and is breaking down the finances of everything. Heat can't sign Wade-LeBron-Bosh unless they dump Beasley and Chicago will be a tad bit short of adding a second max player even when the Hinrich trade goes through.

I doubt Lebron signs ANYWHERE for 5 yrs. Keep it to 3 and put the onus on the team to stay competive. And I have a source that Lebron will take a max deal at my company so he can win the NY corporate league championship, that's played at the Garden too.

roll.gif
... who u work for???

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

For those on Twitter, you guys should follow @LarryCoon...he's a salary cap expert and is breaking down the finances of everything. Heat can't sign Wade-LeBron-Bosh unless they dump Beasley and Chicago will be a tad bit short of adding a second max player even when the Hinrich trade goes through.

yea i think big j and duba were tryna explain that to the bulls fans, i think they just ignored them because their knicks fans
laugh.gif

good looks though.

Back
Top Bottom