Originally Posted by antoekneeo

Here on the west coast and listening to ESPN 1050, some of these callers are hilarious, proposing scenarios that CANNOT work under the cap, and some joker even said that NY should not go after any big name free agents, but go after some "good cheaper players" and give Eddy Curry a chance to bounce back and the Knicks should be okay, I was in tears.
roll.gif
yea sometimes I cannot listen to those callers...i immediately turn it off when they start taking calls...

it ain't over until the fat lady sings. keep your heads up guys.

i really hope dolan is willing to hand over lebron our television channel and his team just keeps leaking anti knicks stuff to keep the pressure on us to hand over anything in the world that he desires.

Jun 28, 2010 6:31 PM EST

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports continues to bring newinformation to light about the power moves unfolding within the innercircle of LeBron James.

With James' free agency imminent, members of his crew are jockeyingfor position wherever the superstar plays next and tension exists amongthe principal parties.

None more so than William Wesley who, writes Wojnarowski, wantsJames out of Cleveland and to a new city where his own control wouldexpand. Despite Wesley's efforts, the Cavs remain in the picture toretain James on a new contract.

"If LeBron leaves, Wes is going to get carte blanche wherever hesigns," one source said. "He’s going to have the run of theplace, and he doesn’t have that in Cleveland. He has accessthere, but Maverick Carter is the guy with the keys there.…[Carter’s] much more influential, and would always be inCleveland."

Maverick Carter and the other high school friends of James wouldseem to prefer him to remain in Cleveland where their spheres ofinfluence are well established.

"No one cares about those guys walking around in Chicago or Miami or New York," one league executive told Wojnarowski.

Carter controls certain people in the media and plants the storieshe wants reported. Last week Chris Broussard quoted Carter in a storybreaking news about how James was cancelling plans to visit the citiesof the teams interested in signing him this summer.

Carter tried to put together a deal where David Geffen would buy astake in the Clippers, then James would sign to play in Los Angeles.But owner Donald Sterling is not interested in selling a share of theteam.

Had the deal materialized, Carter would have been able to marginalize Wesley to a greater extent.

Wesley continues trying to position himself and is back urging theKnicks and Nets to deal for Chris Paul while selling the Bulls and Heaton clearing additional cap room.

Wherever James lands, Wesley will attempt to cash in from the team with payback in the form of favors for his clients.
Via Yahoo! Sports

is this why we hear so many conflicting reports? is it on purpose?

laugh.gif
@ all those conniving scheming fools LeBron has surrounded himself with. Plotting to gain more territory. Bron should up and drop all of them out of the blue.

[h1]Despite rumors about Bulls, Knicks remain hopeful about LeBron[/h1]
Originally published: June 28, 2010 9:56 PM
Updated: June 28, 2010 10:09 PM
By ALAN HAHN  [email protected]
image.JPG

Photo credit: AP | Cavaliers forward LeBron James walks to the bench during a timeout late in the fourth quarter against the Boston Celtics in Game 6 in a second-round NBA basketball playoff series in Boston. (May 13, 2010)

The bottom line is, despite the latest rumors that have LeBron James going to the Bulls, the Knicks aren't ready to give up on him just yet.

Knicks officials will make a desperate jaunt to Los Angeles Wednesdaynight to attempt to lock up Joe Johnson, who has told confidants he would embrace reuniting with Mike D'Antoni in New York, so they can then arrive in suburban Akron, Ohio, on Thursday with a sudden roster upgrade that - they hope - will put them right back in contention for James.

The Knicks might look to talk to Amar'e Stoudemire Wednesday night in L.A. after they talk with Johnson, but there are major concerns about offering him a full max contract. With his history of eye and knee injuries, that kind of a guaranteed deal could be one the NBA's insurance company opts to reject.

Several sources with knowledge of the situation have said the empty roster and concerns about a lengthy rebuilding process are James' greatest concerns about the Knicks. James highly respects D'Antoni and is enamored of his offensive system, but the lack of a second star makes it a tough sell, especially when the Bulls already have All-Star Derrick Rose on the team.

James respects Danilo Gallinari and sees potential in the forward, but it's still not enough for the Knicks to be an immediate championship contender.

One source said the Knicks' failure to come up big in either of the last two drafts hurt them.

To preserve cap space, Donnie Walsh decided not to trade up into the first round of last week's draft and came away with two very understated second-round picks in Andy Rautins and Landry Fields.

Last year, the Knicks missed on Stephen Curry, a LeBron favorite, by one pick. The source said that had the Knicks somehow landed Curry - Walsh made every effort to trade up but came up empty - they would be in much better shape to lure James. In fact, the source said, "They'd have him already."

The Knicks thought they could work a sign-and-trade for free agent Chris Bosh with the Raptors by using their own free agent, David Lee, then use Bosh to entice James. But the prevailing belief is that Bosh is almost set on joining Dwyane Wade with the Heat.

Meanwhile, reality has set in with the Cavaliers, who are working from their Life After LeBron playbook as the opening of the NBA free-agency season nears. James has until Wednesday to officially opt out of his contract, which is a mere formality at this point. He already has set up meetings Thursday, the first day of the free-agency period, with the Nets and Knicks.

The two-time NBA MVP essentially will pay $600,000 - the difference between his scheduled 2010-11 salary of $17.1 million and the estimated maximum of $16.5 million he can receive in the first year of a new deal - for the right to listen to pitches from other teams.

Cavs owner Dan Gilbert and new general manager Chris Grant have reached a state of desperation with the likely departure of their homegrown superstar. Bulls vice president of basketball operations John Paxson and GM Gar Forman are projecting a great deal of confidence in their chances.

Originally Posted by BangDak

These pages need to move slower.

Someone fill me in
laugh.gif
I can't keep up myself. All I know is that no one believes Broussard 'round these parts.

WOW Ric Bucher just "reported" our plan is to sign Amare, Johnson, AND Bron. You guys think Amare and Joe will split a max to bring Lebron here Also ?

yeah im talking to jj and stat right now.. they telling me they willing to take a paycut

Spoiler [+]
im dead *#% hahahaha

Just curious...might seem kind of stupid to look at things from this prospective, but is there any Knick fan here that could potentially be turned off if we DO sign Lebron? You'll have so many newfound fans...kids claiming they've been around since the 94' or 99' playoff runs....yet they were born in somethin' like 92'...everybody will be on the wagon.

Now that I got that out the way...let's say we lock up Joe Johnson...Yeah, people have quickly soured on him after the series against Orlando. I mean, dude is a good player but obviously he's not a superstar, nor is he the guy you build this team around....BUT if he signs here in NEW YORK for the max contract that he'd probably get....he's gonna be expected to be a "superstar". I can see him cracking under the pressure of being here...why? Because he's not Lebron, and the fans/media will let him know it. Knick fans have dealt with the last few years because it's been widely expected that Lebron would eventually end up here...not us having to go with "plan b" and get Joe Johnson instead.

Moving on, I don't understand why the media is so down on Lebron coming here all of a sudden. In reality, don't the Knicks give Lebron the best chance to win? Okay, maybe not this year...but we can basically throw the checkbook at this dude and let him build his team....especially next year with the Hamburglar's...I mean, Curry's contract coming off the books. Chicago might have the cap space this year...but they have no depth outside of their starters. and aren't they still stuck with Deng's contract that NOBODY wants? That team is gonna be capped out in a couple of years...

I can't wait till all this crap is over...
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

yeah im talking to jj and stat right now.. they telling me they willing to take a paycut

Spoiler [+]
im dead *#% hahahaha

laugh.gif
smh.gif

none of those guys will take a paycut....PERIOD. why play for less money when you got 10 other teams that will gladly give you the max? doesnt make sense.

lmao im joking.. this thread is too uptight right now

haha

edit: oh shnap the thread title
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

ya know my nba connect is nicer then brouswhatever his name is

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

WOW Ric Bucher just "reported" our plan is to sign Amare, Johnson, AND Bron. You guys think Amare and Joe will split a max to bring Lebron here Also ?

As long as we get Lebron ill take it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Just curious...might seem kind of stupid to look at things from this prospective, but is there any Knick fan here that could potentially be turned off if we DO sign Lebron? You'll have so many newfound fans...kids claiming they've been around since the 94' or 99' playoff runs....yet they were born in somethin' like 92'...everybody will be on the wagon.
i would start Hitler, Osama, and Cheney on the team if it meant a championship, you think i give a #+%% about bandwagon fans!?

alot of kids never grew up seeing a good knicks team they had no shot at being harcore knicks fans. can't even blame them when the highlight of their knicks fandom was stephon marbury.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Now that I got that out the way..

If that's the biggest of your problems when you sign lebron I think you're pretty well off... And as for johnson not being a true superstar and worried about the attention, well he's the "A.J. Burnett" of last years Yankees. He can play under the large shadow of lebron.

I dont under stand how would we afford Bron-Johnson-Amare

Amare is not taking less than Max
Johnson idk... dude turned down a 4yr/$60M to be a free agent
Bron is probably most likely to take less money. With endorsement, tv channel, headphone sales, nike, and such..

[h1]Wade, LeBron, Bosh Meet In Miami[/h1]Jun 29, 2010 12:59 AM EST

Wade_Dwyane_mia.jpg
Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James met over the weekend in Miami to seriously discuss their impending free agency and the possibility of all playing together for the Heat.

Sources with knowledge of the meeting stressed to ESPN.com that James has not committed to leaving Cleveland for Miami.

One source did label Miami as the new frontrunner to land James in a package deal with Bosh and a re-signed Wade but also cautioned that James was "non-committal" with the start of free agency fast approaching.

Sources said James remains committed to fielding free-agent pitches from several teams when free agency officially opens Thursday at 12:01 a.m. ET.

Sources told ESPN.com that James, Wade and Bosh all expressed confidence at the meeting that contractual complexities to make this ambitious triple signing work can be worked out.
[h1]Colangelo Admits Bosh 'Likely' To Leave Raptors[/h1]
Jun 29, 2010 1:39 AM EST

Bosh_Chris_tor.jpg
Bryan Colangelo said Monday "it's likely" that free agent Chris Bosh will leave the Toronto Raptors.

Colangelo told radio station Fan590 in Toronto that the Raptors still hope to keep Bosh, but if he does want to leave, he will try to work a sign-and-trade arrangement that could help both sides.

"As we look at Chris as a potential free agent, our own free agent, wanting to re-sign him, I still have that intention and desire," Colangelo said. "But it's becoming more and more clear that that's not going to happen. Now we need to decide what the best way is to come out of this."

Bosh's agent hasn't been in as close of contact with Colangelo over the past few weeks.

"We will get to a point where there's a conclusion to this one way or the other," Colangelo said.

Back
Top Bottom